Risport 230 or 235? | Golden Skate

Risport 230 or 235?

carolyn19

Spectator
Risport electra toebox issues?

I tried on the risport electra 235 from a girl that was selling them on Facebook marketplace. I didn't buy them, and now they are gone, but I noticed that while my toes seemed to go towards the end of the toebox, I could also drastically move my toes sideways and up and down. Is this normal or have I been used to squashed toes? I mean the toes did more or less go towards end of the toebox which was weird.

I also tried on a 225 electra from a store and couldnt get my feet in even the shoe. They didn't have any other sizes though.

My feet are 8.75 aka 223 and supposedly foe the mondopoint risport sizing you add 15 mm to make it ur size which would be 237.

Usually I'm a 4.5D or 4.5 wide in Jackson's.

I have wide feet, very high arches, thin feet and bones, and a narrow heel. Appare try the Roman or orient feet type.

I was in Jackson artist 5C and my toes were squished with zero movement. In fact I had to punch out the left and right toe side despite no bunions. Also jackson presses down on my instep.

Is the toes being free to swim around normal? Despite going toward the end of the toe box?

I don't have any good fitters near me, all they do is hockey.

Also thinking about the royal pro in 230 but never tried it on either.

I do fit the 4.5Wide elle. Though. But that more bc the padding is there to give the illusion, the arch support is better with risport.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Risport electra toebox issues?

I tried on the risport electra 235 from a girl that was selling them on Facebook marketplace. I didn't buy them, and now they are gone, but I noticed that while my toes seemed to go towards the end of the toebox, I could also drastically move my toes sideways and up and down. Is this normal or have I been used to squashed toes? I mean the toes did more or less go towards end of the toebox which was weird.

I also tried on a 225 electra from a store and couldnt get my feet in even the shoe. They didn't have any other sizes though.

My feet are 8.75 aka 223 and supposedly foe the mondopoint risport sizing you add 15 mm to make it ur size which would be 237.

Usually I'm a 4.5D or 4.5 wide in Jackson's.

I have wide feet, very high arches, thin feet and bones, and a narrow heel. Appare try the Roman or orient feet type.

I was in Jackson artist 5C and my toes were squished with zero movement. In fact I had to punch out the left and right toe side despite no bunions. Also jackson presses down on my instep.

Is the toes being free to swim around normal? Despite going toward the end of the toe box?

I don't have any good fitters near me, all they do is hockey.

Also thinking about the royal pro in 230 but never tried it on either.

I do fit the 4.5Wide elle. Though. But that more bc the padding is there to give the illusion, the arch support is better with risport.
Hi. What are your needs? Height/weight? I want to suggest a boot to you but need to know your level?

carolyn19

Spectator
5 feet 100 lbs. Roman/orient foot type, very narrow small heel bone, extrneley high arch, thin foot and small bones (not thick footed), kinda wide feet. Curre try in jackson artists 5c that were stretched out.

Tried on freestyles, zero arch support. Tried on debuts and they cut into the back of the achilles. For some reason alot if boots cut into the back of my achilles. But the jackson artists are fine bc they go above the pain point. And wheb I say cut in, I mean it really cuts in. Like even gel pads don't help. I did have a 3rd degree achilled tendon tear 20 years ago in high school so maybe I have Xtra thick achilles tendons? Also have riedell 133 diamonds a d these were stretched out by the back still pushed sin way too much into the achilles.

So far risport electea 235 is a good fit but my toes feel a bit too roomy but they mostly go to the end of the boot. Jackson elle in wdie are ok too with (a con) less arch support and (pro) less achilles pressure but electras have better arch support (pro) and more achilles pressure but tolerable (con)

Basic level 6 right now. 223 cm length and 215 cm width.

I'd rather not mess with insoles and just find a boot that works.

Thanks!!

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
5 feet 100 lbs. Roman/orient foot type, very narrow small heel bone, extrneley high arch, thin foot and small bones (not thick footed), kinda wide feet. Curre try in jackson artists 5c that were stretched out.

Tried on freestyles, zero arch support. Tried on debuts and they cut into the back of the achilles. For some reason alot if boots cut into the back of my achilles. But the jackson artists are fine bc they go above the pain point. And wheb I say cut in, I mean it really cuts in. Like even gel pads don't help. I did have a 3rd degree achilled tendon tear 20 years ago in high school so maybe I have Xtra thick achilles tendons? Also have riedell 133 diamonds a d these were stretched out by the back still pushed sin way too much into the achilles.

So far risport electea 235 is a good fit but my toes feel a bit too roomy but they mostly go to the end of the boot. Jackson elle in wdie are ok too with (a con) less arch support and (pro) less achilles pressure but electras have better arch support (pro) and more achilles pressure but tolerable (con)

Thanks!!
Try Risport RF3 Pro or Royal Pro. You need a Risport with your very high arches.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada

Thanks!!
I wear Risports and they're super comfortable for someone with a high arch, and a prominent Achilles tendon and heel bone. I got the RF1 (which would be too stiff at your level), and was able to order them in the 230 AA size. As @Ic3Rabbit says, try on the Risport Royal Pro or RF3 Pro and see which topline feels more comfortable above your ankle.

silverlily1

On the Ice
Risport's booklet that comes in the box says add 5 mm, NOT add 15 mm.

You also shouldn't be sliding forward in the boot and your forefoot shouldn't have room to move around. You could need a narrower width if the smaller size is still too wide but a better length.

carolyn19

Spectator
The jackson artists that I currently have are way too long. But the 4.5C would be too narrow.

So I can order a risport 230 or 235.

And not sure which one

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
The jackson artists that I currently have are way too long. But the 4.5C would be too narrow.

And not sure which one
When you said 223 cm length, which is about 87", did you mean your foot length, and 223 mm instead? In that case you want a size 230, the smallest size in an adult boot. I can't quite figure out why you would be considering the size 235? It would be too long. If you're trying to avoid pressure on the Achilles tendon, then you want a size 230 with heat molding at the back, but the Risports have such a comfortable lining you may find you just need general molding all over for your foot shape. Good luck!

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Most skaters have to "mess around" with arch supports. It's not difficult. I've worn a lot of different boots/brands/models in my time but since my mid-20s I've had to wear arch supports in all of them. I used to have some custom orthotics, now I just use little almost semi-circular sticky supports that I buy on Amazon. It makes all the difference and means that I can wear the best fitting boot for me, whatever that may be at the time.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

And not sure which one
You need to see a professional figure skating fitter who can measure your feet correctly and trace them correctly (do not try to do this yourself), therefor they can put you in the correct boot and blade for you.

Where are you in the world and one of us can suggest a proper fitter.

Good luck!

carolyn19

Spectator
You need to see a professional figure skating fitter who can measure your feet correctly and trace them correctly (do not try to do this yourself), therefor they can put you in the correct boot and blade for you.

Where are you in the world and one of us can suggest a proper fitter.

Good luck!
I have a semi related question, while I wait to figire out the new boot situation, I noticed that my right blade is pulling outwards like the right part of a v when I skate. I can't even hold an outside edge on my right blade. The heel is pvc so the blade on this jackson artiste I'd not remountable.

I flipped it over and noticed that the blade on the heel is positioned closer to the inside of the heel inside edge than the left foot. Like the heel part of the right blade that gets screwed into the boot is moved too far into the inner inside edge 😳.

This is obviously a manufacturing defect but it's too late to return them. What is a quick stopgap measure? A pronation or supination heel thingy? It's like a mm or so off the mounting of the blade. Maybe more

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Pretty certain that if it's a manufacturing defect, it's not too late to return them. Goods have to be fit for purpose.

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I have a semi related question, while I wait to figire out the new boot situation, I noticed that my right blade is pulling outwards like the right part of a v when I skate. I can't even hold an outside edge on my right blade. The heel is pvc so the blade on this jackson artiste I'd not remountable.

I flipped it over and noticed that the blade on the heel is positioned closer to the inside of the heel inside edge than the left foot. Like the heel part of the right blade that gets screwed into the boot is moved too far into the inner inside edge 😳.

This is obviously a manufacturing defect but it's too late to return them. What is a quick stopgap measure? A pronation or supination heel thingy? It's like a mm or so off the mounting of the blade. Maybe more
If you bought pre-covid, you're well past any warranty period.

As long as the blades are mounted with screws (not rivets), a competent tech can remount the blade.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

If it's mounted with screws a good tech can watch you skate on them and move the blade to accommodate your needs.
Good luck!