Russian Nationals 2017 General Info | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals 2017 General Info

The Finn

Record Breaker
Qualified skaters for the Russian Championships.

All lists are unofficial.

Qualified skaters for men's event

Number of skaters: 18

Qualified based on GP assignment(s)
Mikhail Kolyada
Maxim Kovtun
Sergei Voronov
Artur Dmitriev, Jr.
Alexander Petrov
Gordei Gorshkov

Qualified based on making it to the JGP Final
Alexander Samarin
Roman Savosin
Ilia Skirda
Dmitri Aliev

Qualified based on Russian cup events
Anton Shulepov
Artem Lezheyev
Pavel Viyugov
Alexei Erokhov
Vladimir Samoylov
Murad Kurbanov
Andrei Lazukin
Ilia Knyazhuk

Alternates
Evgeni Vlasov
Andrei Zuber
Kirill Sokolov

Qualified skaters for ladies' event

Number of skaters: 18

Evgenia Medvedeva
Elena Radionova
Anna Pogorilaya
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Maria Sotskova
Yulia Lipnitskaya
Alena Leonova
Serafima Sakhanovich
Maria Artemieva. She withdrew from her GP event but I think she has qualified nevertheless. Don't know if she will skate here though. Especially since she might be planning to represent another country in the future.

Possible invitee
Adelina Sotnikova. She will be invited here if she wants to skate here.

Anastasiia Gubanova
Polina Tsurskaya. She is injured at the moment and I highly doubt she will skate here.
Alina Zagitova
Elizaveta Nugumanova

Alisa Fedichkina
Natalia Ogoreltseva
Stanislava Konstantinova
Valeria Mikhailova

Alternates
Anastasia Kolomiets
Anastasia Gracheva
Anastasia Yatsenko

Qualified teams for pairs' event

Number of teams: 12

Ksenia Stolbova / Fedor Klimor
Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov
Yuko Kavaguti / Alexander Smirnov
Natalja Zabijako / Alexander Enbert
Kristina Astakhova / Alexei Rogonov
Alisa Efimova / Alexander Korovin

Anastasia Mishina / Vladislav Mirzoev
Alina Ustimkina / Nikita Volodin
Amina Atakhanova / Ilia Spiridonov
Aleksandra Boikova / Dmitrii Kozlovskii
Ekaterina Borisova / Dmitry Sopot

Anastasia Poluianova / Maxim Selkin

Alternates
Bogdana Lukashevich / Alexander Stepanov
Maria Chuzhanova / Denis Mintsev
Elizaveta Zhuk / Egor Britkov

Only Poluianova/Selkin has qualified for sure among those who were trying to qualify based on Russian cup events. However, I highly doubt we will see all five junior pairs from JGP final at the senior championships especially since Borisova/Sopot withdrew from there. It is difficult to say how many of these pairs want to skate at the senior championships but I would say that Ustimkina/Volodin will likely skate there and also Mishina/mirzoev could do the same. Atakhanova/Spiridonov and Boikova/Kozlovskii might do too but I would say it is more doubtful than with the other two pairs but we will have to wait and see.

Personally I really hope Russian Fed would take 15 pairs this year because now it looks like Zhuk/Britkov who just scored above 160 points doesn't make it to the senior championships. Also Chuzhanova/Mintsev have scored almost 160 points and they might not make it either.

Qualified teams for Ice dancing

Number of teams: 10

Ekaterina Bobrova / Dmitri Soloviev
Victoria Sinitsina / Nikita Katsalapov
Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin
Elena Ilinykh / Ruslan Zhiganshin
Tiffany Zahorski / Jonathan Guerreiro
Sofia Evdokimova / Egor Bazin

Vasilisa Davankova / Anton Shibnev
Maria Stavitskaia / Andrei Bagin
Ludmila Sosnitskaia / Pavel Golovishnikov
Anastasia Safronova / Ilia Zimin

Alternates
Olga Bibikhina / Daniil Zvorykin
Anastasia Postnikova / Ivan Shaestakov
Alena Podolskaya / Aleksandr Aleksandrov

In theory both Alla Loboda / Pavel Drozd and Anastasia Shpilevaya / Grigory Smirnov could take part to senior championships because they made it to the JGP final but since neither teams has ever took part any domestic senior event it is highly unlikely that either team will skate here.

In theory Russian Fed could invite Betina Popova / Sergey Mozgov to skate here but that is unlikely to happen also. Popova/Mozgov withdrew after SD at their 2nd Russian cup event which is why they didn't qualify.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Anastasia Mishina / Vladislav Mirzoev
Alina Ustimkina / Nikita Volodin
Amina Atakhanova / Ilia Spiridonov
Aleksandra Boikova / Dmitrii Kozlovskii
Ekaterina Borisova / Dmitry Sopot

Only Poluianova/Selkin has qualified for sure among those who were trying to qualify based on Russian cup events. However, I highly doubt we will see all five junior pairs from JGP final at the senior championships especially since Borisova/Sopot withdrew from there. It is difficult to say how many of these pairs want to skate at the senior championships but I would say that Ustimkina/Volodin will likely skate there and also Mishina/mirzoev could do the same. Atakhanova/Spiridonov and Boikova/Kozlovskii might do too but I would say it is more doubtful than with the other two pairs but we will have to wait and see.

As expected both Ustimkina/Volodin and Mishina/mirzoev have confirmed that they are planning to skate at the senior championships. It is pretty much given that Atakhanova/Spiridonov will not skate there but I think Boikova/Kozlovskii might very well skate there.

ava

On the Ice
Qualified skaters for the Russian Championships.
Possible invitee
Adelina Sotnikova. She will be invited here if she wants to skate here.

It was already announced that she would skip it this year

Last edited:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I heard that RusFed will announce today (11th) the list with participants. Can't wait. :( Still hope that Polina will skate, but... :sad21::sad21::sad21:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
This is the next major event on my horizon! Definitely marked all the calendars for this one. I will be here live for every minute of the action! :thumbsup:

hanca

Record Breaker
As expected both Ustimkina/Volodin and Mishina/mirzoev have confirmed that they are planning to skate at the senior championships. It is pretty much given that Atakhanova/Spiridonov will not skate there but I think Boikova/Kozlovskii might very well skate there.

Why is it given that Atakhanova/Spiridonov won't be competing at the senior nationals? Because of one messed up competition? I thought the competition was just a freaky accident. He dropped her and after that it went downhill. It can happen to anyone. Or do you know more than that? Are they splitting or anything? Or is Pavlova doing again her old tricks (e.g.restricting food to make the female partner lighter)?

oleada

Record Breaker

It sounds Boikova/Kozlovskii will be there:

- What will change before the championship of Russia?

Dmitry : We will add support for one, but it's a matter of, those demands. Our task is to show in Chelyabinsk worthy riding level, as we will play with the winner of the adult Grand Prix Final. This, of course, a great experience. I believe that the competition will be good, in a very positive way, as the whole team we know will be all their own, so it will be easy to ride. The more I heard, Chelyabinsk well take skaters.

http://www.fsrussia.ru/intervyu/267...zhirnymi-bukvami-spasibo-nashemu-treneru.html

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Why is it given that Atakhanova/Spiridonov won't be competing at the senior nationals? Because of one messed up competition? I thought the competition was just a freaky accident. He dropped her and after that it went downhill. It can happen to anyone. Or do you know more than that? Are they splitting or anything? Or is Pavlova doing again her old tricks (e.g.restricting food to make the female partner lighter)?

You probably overslept last senior Nationals. It was without Champions of JGPF (Borisova/Sopot) and bronze medalists (Atakhanova/Spiridonov). But with other two pairs, which were lower.

hanca

Record Breaker
You probably overslept last senior Nationals. It was without Champions of JGPF (Borisova/Sopot) and bronze medalists (Atakhanova/Spiridonov). But with other two pairs, which were lower.

No, I have been watching Russian nationals for the last approximately 5-6 years. Since Sotnikova won her first nationals. I still don't get your point though. So because Atakhanova/Spiridonov did not compete last year, it is given that they don't want to compete this year? Surely you must see that this is ridiculous. They could have had reasons for not wanting to take part last year. Thta doesn't automatically mean that the same reasons apply this year.

Nathan13

Medalist
What an incredible field for Ladies...I can't wait to see how it ends up. I think if Pogorilaya is going to beat Medvedeva, its going to be here.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
No, I have been watching Russian nationals for the last approximately 5-6 years. Since Sotnikova won her first nationals. I still don't get your point though. So because Atakhanova/Spiridonov did not compete last year, it is given that they don't want to compete this year? Surely you must see that this is ridiculous. They could have had reasons for not wanting to take part last year. Thta doesn't automatically mean that the same reasons apply this year.
Ridiculous it's your guessing about blaming Pavlova for nothing. Amina is injured. And they were bad at JGPF. In the last year they were in a good shape. If not their fall they could win that event. And now year later, in a bad shape, with injury they won't compete because evil Pavlova don't let them? :frown:

Nevertheless, Russian pairs field looks very weak. Except Stolbova/Klimova and Tarasova/Morozov (and maybe Zabiyako/Enbert) all other pairs can't even compete with them. That's sad. I expect Mishina/Mirzoev will take 4th ot 5th place.

hanca

Record Breaker
Ridiculous it's your guessing about blaming Pavlova for nothing. Amina is injured. And they were bad at JGPF. In the last year they were in a good shape. If not their fall they could win that event. And now year later, in a bad shape, with injury they won't compete because evil Pavlova don't let them? :frown:

Nevertheless, Russian pairs field looks very weak. Except Stolbova/Klimova and Tarasova/Morozov (and maybe Zabiyako/Enbert) all other pairs can't even compete with them. That's sad. I expect Mishina/Mirzoev will take 4th ot 5th place.

Blaming Pavlova for nothing? Well, she managed to get two females skaters to becoming anorexic, so I wouldn't know what goes behing closed door. And neither do you, unless you skate with them daily. Zakroev going through four female skaters since Vygalova in the last two years is also not looking very good on Pavlova, and her choosing prepubescent 13 years old skaters for her 22 year old male skater is downright creepy.

Russian pairs look very weak? Ridiculous! If Stolbova/Klimov are healthy, they have two very strong pairs and third pair relatively strong. If their number three pair managed to get 4th place at GPF and number two pair win the GPF, I wouldn't say that they are so weak. Except of China there is no other country that would have three as strong pairs. So how can you say that Russian pair field is very weak?

pasha74

Rinkside
Spasibo lbamda! :2thumbs:

P.s. For those who can't read cyrillic ;)

PAIRS:
Astakhova/Rogonov
Zabiiako/Enbert
Kawaguchi/Smirnov
Tarasova/Morozov
Efimova/Korovin
Stolbova/Klimov
Mishina/Mirzoev
Ustimkina/Volodin
Boykova/Kozlovskiy
Poluyanova/Selkin
Lukashevitch/Stepanov