Russian Qualifiers and other important competitions | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Russian Qualifiers and other important competitions

hanca

Record Breaker
She didn't fall, deduction because of late start

What does it mean late start? That's first time I hear about it. If it was finishing late, I would understand, but late start? Did she exceed the 30 seconds before she took her starting pose?

NaVi

Medalist
Because places 5 to 7 are from Moscow, they are not qualified from StPetersburg to Nationals Elder Age.
Qualified are places 1 to 4, 8, 9.

So, Ogoreltseva gets one more chance.

But I find it weird how 5-7 have skated in St Petersburg events for 4-6 years and have always had St Petersburg coaches/clubs but they don't qualify... but I'll take your word for it.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What does it mean late start? That's first time I hear about it. If it was finishing late, I would understand, but late start? Did she exceed the 30 seconds before she took her starting pose?

Didn't they shorten the time a skater has to start the program(take the starting pose) to 30 seconds or something? I seem to rember Misha Ge having this issue at Finlandia.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That's correct about the start time. And now a triple from steps is a required element for senior men and ladies. If you pop it to a single or double, it does not satisfy the requirement, so it is marked as an illegal element and gets no points. In pairs , a single jump is treated as an illegal element but a double is OK.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Russia didn't name any substitutes for ice danging. I hopefully they don't need any. Sinitsina/Katsalapov would have been a good substitute for world championhips but I guess they already ended their season.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Russia didn't name any substitutes for ice danging. I hopefully they don't need any. Sinitsina/Katsalapov would have been a good substitute for world championhips but I guess they already ended their season.

But S/k are inelgible for worlds.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
As are Zahorski & Guerreiro, the 5th place Russian national finishers. So Russia would have had to go to sixth place. I kind of see why they didn't bother.

witcher

Match Penalty
Could someone tell me, what age is "3й юношеский разряд"?
What age are other junior levels? Thank you in advance! :)

Country
Russia
As are Zahorski & Guerreiro, the 5th place Russian national finishers. So Russia would have had to go to sixth place. I kind of see why they didn't bother.
Minimum Technical Score For Ice Dance At Worlds:
SD 29.00 FD 39.00
ISU Comunicatiion 1876 http://static.isu.org/media/153457/1876-decision-of-the-council-after-2014-congress.pdf

Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV have 26.85 in SD, so not eligible.

6th at Nationals Evgenia KOSIGINA / Nikolai MOROSHKIN - 27.93 in SD, not eligible too.
7th at Nationals Ludmila SOSNITSKAIA / Pavel GOLOVISHNOKOV - 27.13 in SD, not eligible too.
Places 8 to 10 are also not eligible.

Russia has not Ice Dance couple for substitute.

Country
Russia
Could someone tell me, what age is "3й юношеский разряд"?
What age are other junior levels? Thank you in advance! :)

7 years old and younger.

Scale is:
Baby skater - 6 and younger.
3rd child's grade - 7 and younger.
2nd child's grade - 8 and younger.
1st child's grade - 9 and younger.
2nd Grade - 10 and younger.
1st Grade - 12 and younger, may be also limit for minimum age.

Children of these ages may compete at competitions of these levels.
It is not needed to have grade to compete - they compete at corresponding level to earn grade.

Lowest grade "baby skater" is earned by tests, all higher grades - on results of competitions, but to compete at higher grade skader must have grade "baby skater".

Higher than 1st grade are:
Grade:
Candidate to Master of Sports (Junior)
Titles:
Master of Sports (Senior)
Master of Sports of International Class - only on results of Internationals: Olympics place 8 or higher, Worlds place 7 or higher, Euro place 6 or higher, qualify to GP Final, medal of GP Event.
Honored Master of Sports - Olympic Medalist, Worlds Champion, or (rarely) for many medals of Worlds and Euro.

Last edited:
Country
Russia
Winter Spartakiad Final, Saransk, 11-16 Mar 2015

Winter Spartakiad is competition of regional teams of many winter sports - skiing, speed skating, snowbord, hockey etc.
Figure skating is only a part of this competition.
Because of this there are many weak skaters. For example, if team has strong speed skaters and other winter sports, it may qualify to Final while figure skaters of the team are not so good.
Leaders may be very strong. For example at 2013 competed JrWorlds Champion Elena Radionova. Regions send the strongest skaters they have.

Single figure skating is in two age groups - born at 1998-2001 Juniors, born at 2002-2003 1st Grade.
Pairs and Dance - born at 1998 and younger compete as Juniors.

Homepage http://fsrussia.ru/sorevnovaniya/813-final-vii-zimnej-spartakiady-uchashchikhsya-rossii-2015.html
Schedule http://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/1415/sparta1415_final_shedule_comp.pdf
Entries/Results http://fsrussia.ru/results/1415/sparta1415_final/index.htm

Time Moscow
11 Mar 2015
20:00-22:00 - Junior Dance SD

12 Mar 2015
13:30-16:00 - Boys 1st Grade SP
16:15-18:45 - Junior Dance FD
19:20-22:30 - Girls 1st Grade SP

13 Mar 2015
11:30-13:40 - Boys 1st Grade FS
13:55-17:10 - Girls 1st Grade FS
17:25-18:00 - Junior Pairs SP
18:15-22:00 - Junior Men SP

14 Mar 2015
13:00-17:20 - Junior Men FS
17:35-22:00 - Junior Ladies SP

15 Mar 2015
11:00-15:45 - Junior Ladies FS
16:00-17-10 - Junior Pairs FS

Last edited:

Roman09

Final Flight
Haven't seen participants yet, but there are rumors that there are going Medvedeva, Pytkeev, Samarin and Aliyev. Is this true?

Country
Russia
Haven't seen participants yet, but there are rumors that there are going Medvedeva, Pytkeev, Samarin and Aliyev. Is this true?
It is normal.
JrWorlds-2013 Champion Radionova was at Spartakiad-2013 two weeks after JrWorlds.

It is very important competition in Russia, something like "junior national Olympiade".

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Minimum Technical Score For Ice Dance At Worlds:
SD 29.00 FD 39.00
ISU Comunicatiion 1876 http://static.isu.org/media/153457/1876-decision-of-the-council-after-2014-congress.pdf

Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV have 26.85 in SD, so not eligible.

6th at Nationals Evgenia KOSIGINA / Nikolai MOROSHKIN - 27.93 in SD, not eligible too.
7th at Nationals Ludmila SOSNITSKAIA / Pavel GOLOVISHNOKOV - 27.13 in SD, not eligible too.
Places 8 to 10 are also not eligible.

Russia has not Ice Dance couple for substitute.

:cry:

That is a very sad state of affairs, but not perhaps that surprising. The TES limit in the short dance is very aggressive. Feds have to commit to secondary international competitions for non GP teams who could be backups to get it. And Russia has had such decimation of the experienced senior teams this seadon.

Bobrova & Soloviev, get well and come back next season!! :bow:

Russisn teams meeting the short dance criteria

http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/tes/stsdall.htm

Senior
Ilinykh & Zhiganshin
Stepanova & Bukin
Monko & Khaliavin
Bobrova & Soloviev (injured)
Sinitsina & Zhiganshin (split)
Ilinykh & Katsalapov (split)
Riazanova & Tkachenko (split/retired)
Pushkash & Guerreiro (split)
Zahorski & Guerreiro (citizenship-score at Russian nationals would have made it, if in international comp.)

Junior
Bocharova & Shibnev
Shpilevaya & Smirnov
Loboda & Drozd
Popova & Vlasenko
Yanovskaia & Mozgov
Morozova & Zhirnov

Country
Russia
That is a very sad state of affairs, but not perhaps that surprising. The TES limit in the short dance is very aggressive. Feds have to commit to secondary international competitions for non GP teams who could be backups to get it. And Russia has had such decimation of the experienced senior teams this seadon.
Yes, no surprise.
But what could be done?

Junior couples can not have good results in Senior, and it is too hard to have two different short dances, for Junior and Senior competitions.

Only Sinitsina-Katsalapov could have Senior B's to earn technical score. But Zueva disagreed - couple needs intensive practice to improve level.