Skate America 2014 Practice Reports | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Skate America 2014 Practice Reports

s_parks

Record Breaker
Well, a contusion is a contusion. Doctors usually subscribe total peace and rest for that, which means lying in bed at least for some days. I guess it's possible to skate with a contusion if your head doesn't hurt like hell and/or you are not dizzy both of which is possible with a contusion, but it's still not a good idea if one doesn't want to risk the situation getting worse.

Thank you, I was wondering since she didn't sprain or break anything, and i wasn't familiar with this. I'm glad it doesn't seem too bad, seeing she hasn't ruled out competing.

deetrakt

Rinkside
I think some of you may be mixing up "contusion" and "concussion". "Contusion" is just the medical term for "bruise". How serious is depends on where it is, how severe it is and whether/how much it interferes with performance.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I think some of you may be mixing up "contusion" and "concussion". "Contusion" is just the medical term for "bruise". How serious is depends on where it is, how severe it is and whether/how much it interferes with performance.
Ups, you are right, I mixed that up (and I even know the word 'concussion' :rolleye:). Thanks for correcting. And sorry for providing incorrect information, everyone else.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
SoYoun friday practice report: did FS, jump condition not as good as yesterday(more pops and falls), looked tired. but when she is invested, great performance, attention to details, very effective, better to watch live.
Gracie improvement from yesterday, did FS, transition + flip more consistent, but still not solid.
Mirai, solid as yesterday, almost clean SP, (other problems with jumps such as under-rotation and flutz are still there), attempted 3A,

lutzlover

On the Ice
Alexa and Chris looked good. Throw flip and side by side jumps looked great, program was very fierce. Russians looked very refined as well. But yuko is tiny! I knew she was small but her legs are like sticks! It's a little scary to watch actually... Madeline and Max looked pretty strong too, but he had some issues on the side by side triple salchow.

lutzlover

On the Ice
Mirai's runthrough was good. 3F+3T landed, 3T a little cheated. Love the dress though. So Youn Park is very talented and her jumps fly across the ice, but she popped the 3S+3T into a 3S+2T. A little concerned for Radionova, she kept popping her flip and her lutz combo in the program was shaky. I love her speed and elegance though. Tuk's Bolero program was great too, she didn't do any jumps or spins but the choreography really shines through. Mae is very powerful and entertaining. She's awesome! 3T+3T a little shaky, but she has nice height on her jumps. Gracie had a clean SP runthrough, although she doesn't have as much ice presence as I thought. Seeing Elena and Elizaveta has made me so excited though; they are so talented and I really love their programs this year.

nox1

On the Ice
So worried about Elena, I hope she skates clean when the actual competition happens...

Same, I love her skating (mostly her performances) so much and I always want her to do her best, even if she doesn't win. I just love it when she skates clean!

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Fingers crossed for Radio! Julia also had bad practises before Europeans and look what she did there... Hope Radio will fight for every jump!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Russians looked very refined as well. But yuko is tiny! I knew she was small but her legs are like sticks! It's a little scary to watch actually...

I know! I saw her in summer practice in 2006 with Smirnov(maybe their first season together). I thought she was a new junior lady (like 12 years old :laugh:) he had found.Then I heard her name and remembered her skating with another Russian man for Japan at the beginning of 2000. Perhaps it's just how her body is built; tiny, slight and strong.

I was only dreaming of practice today! (aka slept in!)

Shame on you :biggrin: Don't you know you have duties here :laugh:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Good morning. Just got to the arena in time for 2nd group of ladies. Elene in gorgeous black uni with sparkles. Cut outs in front (small) and open back. Shows off her figure- love it. Also like her jazzy music. OK now to different music. Not sure I like these cuts. No jumps so far just choreo. More upbeat jazzy stuff at the end. Can't wait to see this full out.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
So Youn 3z nice 3s3 another jump pass I only saw landing. All good so far hope her jumps go like that later. Black dress with sparkles front and back. Short poofy cap sleeves. 2a3t was 2a2t. Black is just not my favorite dress color for ladies singles. Good rum through.