Skaters coached by parents | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skaters coached by parents

mrrice

Record Breaker
Yes, that was mentioned earlier in this thread. Both his parents coach him.

Who coaches Alexei Krasnozhon? Isn't he coached by the Cain's? That kind of counts, right? He's coached by Parents, they're just not his. ;)

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Who coaches Alexei Krasnozhon? Isn't he he coached by the Cain's? That kind of counts, right? He's coached by Parents, they're just not his. ;)

He's coached by the Cain's but no, while I see where you are going with this :laugh: it doesn't count.

lappo

Final Flight
I think Morozov trains his daughter Annabelle, not sure about that, but it would make sense...

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
A few of the kids training at WISA (where McNamara/Carpenter and Parsons/Parsons train) are children of the instructors/co-directors. Maybe more will be when they get older.

- Alexei Kiliakov (with partner Elizabeth Tkachenko) is the son of co-directors Alexei Kiliakov Sr. and Elena Novak. The dance team won the 2015 Juvenile and 2016 Intermediate US titles, as well as the 2017 Novice pewter.
- Olivia Ilin, daughter of fellow WISA co-director Dmitri Ilin, is listed as a Juvenile dancer with partner Dylan Cain

noskates

Record Breaker
Wow - I haven't heard of 75% of these skaters. They're either young or not very successful yet. Maybe parental coaching isn't all that great!!! Just a thought. Poor kid would have to eat, sleep and train 24x7.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Dmitre Razgulajevs is a Canadian ice dancer who is coached by his father Juris Razgulajevs (along with Carole Lane and Jon Lane). He's currently on ice partner search with "will relocate" no.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The mother of Gabriella Papadakis is listed as her former coach.

I saw Catherine's name when looking up Abachkina / Thauron's ISU Bio during Junior Worlds, and was wondering if she was Gabriella's Mum. But, I was too embarassed to ask. :eek::

Thank you for enlightening me! :bow:

Sam McAllister (my local skater, who earlier this week retained his Irish Junior Men's title) is coached by his Mum, Margaret O'Neill.

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Isn't Daniel Samohin coached by his dad?

He is :) Crossover has already mentioned that.

I think junior Ice Dancer, Anthony Ponoramenko was coached till some point by parents (his mom?)...