Skaters on Team Japan | Page 78 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

hamaguri

Record Breaker
When I found out that Yuzuru won't be at Makuhari and Sapporo, I was glad that there'd be zero chance of him collaborating with the singer (sorry!). I don't know who the other male singer is so the only artist I can trust at Makuhari is Fukuma-san. (Btw, did you see the flowers he got?)
Hiromi Go was awful but he had surgery on his throat a couple of weeks before right? So it might have been because of that (although I wish he would have cancelled if he couldn't sing on note). Che'Nelle was a good singer but why does Makuhari always get the J-pop artists? I wanted to see Okamoto, Sarah, and the Yoshida Brothers too! :tantrum:
Anyway, I don't think I'll be going to FaOI Makuhari this year. If you see my lovely Wakaba, YunaA and Marin, please send them extra love for me.

I feel the same... Musicians in latter shows are better than first for two years.
Marin has entry for all the show. But Wakaba has Makuhari only...seeing my love Marin is joy, but I want to see Wakababy also.:sad21:
I want to see yuna on my own eyes. When i see her live, i'm sure i will feel something in her.

Last edited:

mikaboo

Medalist
I feel the same... Musicians in latter shows are better than first for two years.
Marin has entry for all the show. But Wakaba has Makuhari only...seeing my love Marin is joy, but I want to see Wakababy also.:sad21:
I want to see yuna on my own eyes. When i see her live, i'm sure i will feel something in her.

Yeah, Wakaba will only be at Makuhari. I hope Marin will be ok with all the FaOI and PIW shows she'll be doing. And I just realized YunaA will be in all the FaOI shows except for Nagano so that's quite a lot too. She was just as gorgeous as Marin was when I saw her at DOI :love:

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah, Wakaba will only be at Makuhari. I hope Marin will be ok with all the FaOI and PIW shows she'll be doing. And I just realized YunaA will be in all the FaOI shows except for Nagano so that's quite a lot too. She was just as gorgeous as Marin was when I saw her at DOI :love:

One quick question - where is Satoko in all this? I know she is getting some choreography done, but have they now "crowned" Marin as the new IT girl? She is really adorable, but I thought we'd be seeing a lot more of Satoko. Maybe she's scheduled for other shows and I just don't know about it! Sure does seem like Marin is getting lots of attention. I'm really anxious to see Wakaba too.

Last edited:

mikaboo

Medalist
One quick question - where is Satoko in all this? I know she is getting some choreography done, but have they now "crowned" Marin as the new IT girl? She is really adorable, but I thought we'd be seeing a lot more of Satoko. Maybe she's scheduled for other shows and I just don't know about it! Sure does seem like Marin is getting lots of attention. I'm really anxious to see Wakaba too.

Satoko will be at all The ICE shows, Dreams on Ice and she was at Shizuka's Friends on Ice last year although I haven't seen her name on the list yet so I'm not sure about this year.

I think Marin was getting attention before she was winning things. I believe she's with a powerful agency (same as her sister) so maybe that's why.

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker

In a way or another they've been waiting to crown Marin the new IT girl since she was novice. She comes from a wealthy background and her younger sister is a child actress. Now that she won Jr Worlds, they were given a free pass to promote her more than the others. We will see more of Satoko... when she debuts her new programs and when she wins things. :laugh: And even when she wins things, the media would rather talk about what Mao did. Same as Wakaba, she had a constant season but she was pushed in Marin's shadow.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
What is the latest news about Narumi Takahashi? Did she retire or got a new partner?

Last edited:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
What is the latest news about Narumi Takahashi? Did she retire or got a new patner?

Another tweet announcing Narumi Takahashi and Ryo Shibata as a new pair team. Can anyone confirm its credibility?

https://twitter.com/mainichi_haga/status/732823079274024961

EDIT: more from same account...

https://twitter.com/mainichi_haga/status/732823544615305217
https://twitter.com/mainichi_haga/status/732823818855710722
https://twitter.com/mainichi_haga/status/732824247211597825

Last edited:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist

Yes, the twitter is by a sports journalist. That should be a formal announcement about the pairing up of Narumi and Ryo.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
When I found out that Yuzuru won't be at Makuhari and Sapporo, I was glad that there'd be zero chance of him collaborating with the singer (sorry!). I don't know who the other male singer is so the only artist I can trust at Makuhari is Fukuma-san. (Btw, did you see the flowers he got?)

oh, i missed talking about fukumasan.
yes i was so moved by him at faoi and went to his salon concert at aoyama right after faoi last summer.. simply wonderful! hes such a technician, at the same time has great artistry.
further, he was modest and humble. i was just fasignated by his way of talking and behaviors. when he speaks, hes so much alike yuzu as if i saw yuzu.
i was crying so hard to listen to Ballade thinking back to yuzu of hard 2014 season...
other than that, fukumasan played firebird also talking about tatsuki !

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In a way or another they've been waiting to crown Marin the new IT girl since she was novice. She comes from a wealthy background and her younger sister is a child actress. Now that she won Jr Worlds, they were given a free pass to promote her more than the others. We will see more of Satoko... when she debuts her new programs and when she wins things. :laugh: And even when she wins things, the media would rather talk about what Mao did. Same as Wakaba, she had a constant season but she was pushed in Marin's shadow.

I'm not a big Satoko fan, but it did seem very obvious that all of a sudden Marin is everywhere! It could make for an interesting season. I was thinking that Marin is inconsistent, and some of her coach's remarks made it sound like she doesn't have a great work ethic. Oh well, time will tell - and she's still pretty young.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Yes, the twitter is by a sports journalist. That should be a formal announcement about the pairing up of Narumi and Ryo.

Narumi Takahashi x Ryo Shibata pair is official. Nikkan Sports has written an article about it.
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/1649277.html

Thank you so much for the reply, cohkaix. You're always so dependable.:thank:
And thank you ionna for further confirmation.

Not sure why but I'm feeling really excited about this pairing. Curious to see how well Ryo acclimates. Best of luck to them!

mikaboo

Medalist
The broadcast date for FaOI Sapporo has been announced.
Only an hour and a half on a Hokkaido local channel though.
http://www.fantasy-on-ice.com/topics.html
Sapporo: June 5, 13:30-15:00
Channel: UHB

Makuhari: June 5, 21:00-22:54
Kobe: June 18, 15:00-18:00
Nagano: July 9, 13:00-15:54
Channel: http://www.bs-asahi.co.jp/event/lineup/000058/

Also, Marin is out from FaOI Nagano because she'll be attending the selection meeting for JGP. So exciting! I wonder who'll be selected.
http://www.fantasy-on-ice.com/skatersinfo.html