Skating podcasts/YouTube channels | Golden Skate

Skating podcasts/YouTube channels

rain

Record Breaker
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm always on the lookout for skating podcasts or YouTube channels that do recaps/previews etc.
A couple that I've been listening to and enjoying lately:

Really professional sounding (even if they inexplicably don't like my beloved Piper/Paul programs this season): Scoreography https://www.youtube.com/@scoreography

Just a lot of fun: These are the Blades of Our Lives https://www.youtube.com/@thesearethebladesofourlive5587/videos

And I enjoy Ashley Wagner and Adam Rippon's podcast, but I figure everyone already knows that one, along with the often maligned The Skating Lesson.

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love Ice Tea Pod myself. But they love me so how could I not?

Yogi

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Iā€™ll also throw in The Cutting Edge & The Future of Figure Skating!

Yogi

Rinkside
Country
United-States

cailuj365

On the Ice
+1 on Scoreography

The hosts are knowledgeable FS fans but also clearly have some type of background in media or podcasting for other things to make a podcast this professional-sounding. The conversations and topics are also focused and make a point rather than just rambling between friends.

I think Polina could use a buddy in her podcast. She's good, but she needs someone to interact with to liven it up, or else it becomes a bit monotone with just one voice.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The YouTube channel SK8fraSch is offline now.
One of my favorite sources for ice dance videos - there will be a lot of broken links in the rewatches.
Thanks for the memories to the poster - you brought us a lot of joy.
:thank:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Just discovered Scoreograohy .. listened to the 2024 World Championship Previews (2) .. informed casters. Not as technical as some but very enjoyable and up to date

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Future of Figure Skating:
They're on Youtube now too. I've liked their recent episodes where they've taken on some of the heavier topics right now, especially their interview with Amelia Cline and Abby Spadafora.

rain

Record Breaker
The Cutting Edge is good. There's another one with the same name about mountain climbing, so make sure you use the link.

Yeah, this is on YouTube now as well https://www.youtube.com/@iceskatepodcast/videos
I've just been listening to the Worlds recaps and I enjoyed them a lot. If you want to hear specific commentary about a lot of the skaters, this is one for you. They went through each of the skaters/teams that made the free skates in the worlds review. I found the commentary about ice dance and GOEs versus base value/technical content especially interesting.