Split jump landings?...sort of | Golden Skate

Split jump landings?...sort of

silverlily1

On the Ice
I've been playing with split jump variations. I'm not ready for a Russian split, but my gymnastics background won't let me settle for just a basic split jump. The easiest variation is a stag jump, and that's pretty straightforward, and it's easy enough to find a switch split online. But I'm trying to turn it into a wolf jump as another variation, and am getting stuck on how to land that one, as the picking foot tucks up underneath you and thus tends to land first. Basically, I can get up but the down feels very awkward. Any help/suggestions?

Last edited:

MiraiFan

Final Flight
I've been playing with split jump variations. I'm not ready for a Russian split, but my gymnastics background won't let me settle for just a basic split jump. The easiest variation is a stag jump, and that's pretty straightforward, and it's easy enough to find a switch split online. But I'm trying to turn it into a wolf jump as another variation, and am getting stuck on how to land that one, as the picking foot tucks up underneath you and thus tends to land first. Basically, I can get up but the down feels very awkward. Any help/suggestions?
You could try double stag... I think wolf jumps would not work well on the ice.

adhara

On the Ice
Country
Finland
I'd try to do the wolf jump as a full rotation like a loop!