Stars on Ice 2015 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice 2015

noskates

Record Breaker
They do sell merchandise at the show. They have shirts, sweatshirts (both men and women styles) pins, books, pictures, programs, DVDs, etc.

I don't know how they do the M&G at all the shows but the one in San Jose last year, and this year, is just a couple of the skaters. It happens pretty close to the start of the show and the other skaters were out warming up.

Skategmt

On the Ice
That's interesting, which cast members were at the meet and greet in San Jose? I got the M&G tickets mostly to meet Meryl an Charlie, so I'm really hoping they are there.

Victura

On the Ice
Has anyone watched the broadcast of Stars on Ice on their local affiliate? If so, which programs were shown?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We haven't had it shown in our area (no Philly show), but we plan to attend the Hershey, PA show on 3/18. The theme is "Dancing for Joy," & we're really looking forward to it. Hope the weather cooperates!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Per SOI FB page:
We’re excited to announce that Ashley Wagner & Gracie Gold have been added as special guests to our show at Honda Center in Anaheim on April 4th, and Polina Edmunds has been added as a special guest to our show at SAP Center in San Jose on April 5th! ‪#‎SOI15‬

noskates

Record Breaker
The San Jose M&G was Ashley and Gracie. I think the skaters take turns doing this. And you don't know who the two skaters will be until you get in the line.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I thought the official announcement might help people in this thread who are deciding whether to buy tix. YMMV.
Of course. All I meant was that I sort of expected that this would happen, given when Worlds ended. That's all. But it is always helpful to have a confirmation.

Skategmt

On the Ice
SOI was a sucess! I loved the show! I got to meet the entire cast. Definitely Tanith and Ben*s 1000 Years Dance and both of D/W'S programs were stellar, but everone was great! If there is show is near you, define try go!

noskates

Record Breaker
Skategmt - did you buy a special package in order to meet the whole cast? Wow. I'd love that!

Skategmt

On the Ice
Yes, I got meet and greet tickets... if considering to buy or not to buy them; they are definetly worth the price :)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We have them for tomorrow night. Last season's M&G was costly, but well organized, and totally worth it!

R.D.

Record Breaker
The M&G last year was great - there was time to meet everyone. Whether it is worth the asking price or not, to me, depends mostly on the cast.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We're back from the Hershey show, and totally loved it. The Meet & Greet worked out very well. We got to talk to everyone, and weren't rushed @ all.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Do tell us more! How does this show compare with previous years?

What were your favorite routines?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was really happy to see the focus on ice dancing, with 3 awesome teams - Meryl & Charlie, Tanith & Ben, & the Kerrs. Katia & Patrick Chan did a tango together for one of the small group numbers. My favorite program was when Ryan & Charlie were "fighting" for Tanith. Charlie won, of course, and then Ryan skated to "Mr. Cellophane Man" from "Chicago," with perfect expressions of "dejection!" Tanith & Ben skating to "Boogie Shoes" was so much fun, and their other program "Say Something" (?) was poignant and stunning. Meryl & Charlie skating to "Sleeping Beauty" - divine. Sinead & John - "I Will Wait" - fun and powerful - Sinead lifted John - wow! I was very pleased that the show had some international cast members - Katia (her smile is infectious, and she is absolutely stunning to watch, no matter the style of music), The Kerrs, Patrick, and Joannie. Seriously, I loved seeing everyone. From the Meet & Greet, we got to meet Sinead & John's mom, Maeve, and Sinead's fiance, Grant (a hockey player she skated with in the Canadian show "Battle of the Blades"). If you're on FB, you can check out our pics.

noskates

Record Breaker
Saw the San Jose show yesterday. Probably one of the best shows in a very long time - maybe since Kurt Browning skated Iluvtodd kind of summed up the performances but wanted to add that Katia Gordeev skated to I Dreamed A Dream from Les Mis and it was one of her best. She doesn't have the technical content, other than a beautiful double axel, but her interpretation was quite beautiful. We had the lunch and Meet and Greet beforehand and were very happy to see Patrick Chan and Polina Edmunds. Patrick couldn't have been nicer or more accomodating. At one point he said "if I choose to compete again" and all of us were giving him a bad time about that. He was laughing. I noticed that he went around to all the tables, shook hands, allowed pictures and couldn't have been more charming. I didn't know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. We were able to watch warm-ups and there were about 30 local kids who were going to do a number. Patrick went over to them and signed autographs and took pictures. The group numbers were great - choreographed by Jeff Buttle - and lots of fun to watch. Patrick did quite a bit of skating with Katia - even pairs lifts - and the dancing was superb. Good to see Belbin and Agosto again. All in all - a very entertaining show and the arena was fuller than I've seen in awhile for SOI.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Saw the San Jose show yesterday. Probably one of the best shows in a very long time - maybe since Kurt Browning skated Iluvtodd kind of summed up the performances but wanted to add that Katia Gordeev skated to I Dreamed A Dream from Les Mis and it was one of her best. She doesn't have the technical content, other than a beautiful double axel, but her interpretation was quite beautiful. We had the lunch and Meet and Greet beforehand and were very happy to see Patrick Chan and Polina Edmunds. Patrick couldn't have been nicer or more accomodating. At one point he said "if I choose to compete again" and all of us were giving him a bad time about that. He was laughing. I noticed that he went around to all the tables, shook hands, allowed pictures and couldn't have been more charming. I didn't know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. We were able to watch warm-ups and there were about 30 local kids who were going to do a number. Patrick went over to them and signed autographs and took pictures. The group numbers were great - choreographed by Jeff Buttle - and lots of fun to watch. Patrick did quite a bit of skating with Katia - even pairs lifts - and the dancing was superb. Good to see Belbin and Agosto again. All in all - a very entertaining show and the arena was fuller than I've seen in awhile for SOI.

Thx for your detailed report, noskates :). (Ditto -- belatedly -- to iluvtodd.)

Cool :cool: that you had a chance to meet Patrick, and that he was so accommodating and so charming. Swoon-worthy :yes:.