This and That: Skate America | Page 3 | Golden Skate

This and That: Skate America

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just checked my stats after CoC, and I'm in the top 15! Not enough to win the prizes though.

I love that Alissa Csizny is ranked #2 - I always support her team, b/c she usually wins. I know Meagan "Jillian" Duhamel was playing but I don't see her in the top 100. I have to laugh that Meagan always responds to people critical of her on the TSL FB thread. If I were her, I would ignore what people on social media are saying and just focus on training.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Impressive, apgold!! :)

I would agree with you on ignoring people on social media--- but I also think that she's not afraid to face her critics, which makes her somewhat endearing -- at least to me.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I was at 109. Then it didn't register my selections for China (which I didn't realize) and now I'm down in the 290s. Not that I did that well with China but I probably would have stayed in the top 200 at least. *I would have gotten dance, pairs and ladies right for gold at least and dance and ladies for silver

I enjoy TSL even when they bash my skaters or, worse in my opinion, ignore my favourite skaters. I'm enjoying the rotating hosts and I think Dave is getting better and better at hosting all the time. He did a really good job with his interview with Tessa and Scott. I know some people don't like TSL but I do for it's entertainment value if nothing else.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
*fingers crossed that Dave talks about Kotvun's spitting and tissue throwing in the CoC episode*

:devil: :devil: :devil:

Adam2Smith

Match Penalty
Skating is my love, yeah I am not joking! i really love to see great performance all the time. I have known some great skater recently and take coffee with them. The episod is really great in my life.

Skatingcat

Final Flight
I enjoy the the skating lesson, but I feel that the last couple of episodes have been a lacking. They didn't talk as much about the programs themselves, which was disappointing. I like the casual conversational style, and the feeling that they are treating us like friends, but CoC lacked focus, and I began to lose interest..

I appreciate how quickly Dave turns the recaps around, but I would rather wait a few more days if the editorial quality of the recap was sharper. I truly like the feeling like I am getting a peek behind the scenes. However, if they are going to allude to serious gossip, (Ashley's counting/education, a kind of special diet in the pairs?), they need explain a bit more.

I miss Jenny, sure, but I am guessing she has valid reasons for not being there (at all? sniffle). Regardless, I truly hope she is there for the Olympics. I would like to hear her theories about Gracie, Mao, et al, because I feel her insight would be invaluable, given her background as an elite athlete in the sport.

But mostly, THANK YOU Dave for all that you do. You cover figure skating better than any of the nbc networks- and for that I will be forever grateful.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I bet Jenny is knee-deep in outlining and studying like crazy for her 4-5 core legal subjects in preparation for exams that are coming up in a few weeks. It's not a good time for any law student, especially a first-year law student, in the U.S. right now.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
hmm whats with the looking down on the Zagreb comp???:confused:
maybe i interpreted it wrong tho...
Its a pretty old competition & it should be no surprise skates go compete here

also comparing SinKats to bro/sis was funny:biggrin::biggrin:
Last time they compared IZ to siblings too:laugh:
They should be the whole big family like I want to!:cool:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country