Updating the REWATCHES... | Golden Skate

Updating the REWATCHES...

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hello GSers (or Good Souls as I like to think of you)!

I just finished some major upgrades to the World Junior Rewatches from 2001-2010, breaking out the skating order and individually linking to skaters within the various event broadcasts making us more aware of skaters previously un-featured individually and making the events WAY more interesting.

I would like suggestions from those of you visiting my rewatches where you feel upgrades are needed next. Some major posters have taken down or had sites taken down recently creating giant holes. If you have noticed them, please let me know so I can see what can be salvaged. I have no way to physically check such a large number of links easily - it is a one by one process best done in the off-season so your input is very valuable.

Also, I currently have duplicates of Grand Prix Final in both the rewatches for GP and the major championships. I am planning to remove them from major championships rather than maintain two sets of them - any comments?

Choices are:
REWATCH International Skating Competitions 1966-1993
REWATCH Grand Prix 6.0 System 1994-2002 (should I merge both GP threads?)
REWATCH Grand Prix of Figure Skating IJS 2003-present (should I merge both GP threads?)
REWATCH Major Championships 1947 – 1998 (6.0)
REWATCH Major Championships 1999-present (IJS)

Thanks in advance from your geeky skating historian!

Last edited:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Update - I have decided not to merge the two GP threads. The number of posts to adjust makes it way too big a job.

Last edited:

Leocadia

On the Ice
Some major posters have taken down or had sites taken down recently creating giant holes. If you have noticed them, please let me know so I can see what can be salvaged.
Thank you for all your work on the rewatches, those threads have been very useful!

I was rewatching some of the 2015 GP series recently, and I noticed a number of deleted videos. Would you want a list of them?

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you for all your work on the rewatches, those threads have been very useful!

I was rewatching some of the 2015 GP series recently, and I noticed a number of deleted videos. Would you want a list of them?
Sure

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I've restored some of them. Have you clicked on the event files (Pairs Short for example) - most of the skaters are in the master files unless the master file got blocked and is not linked.