US Team: 4CCs and Worlds (updated) | Page 43 | Golden Skate

US Team: 4CCs and Worlds (updated)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Personally, I would not be able to take seriously any criticism from posters who think that they have a right, in a public forum, to criticize a skater's behavior in the KnC.

Particularly if they label Jason's interaction with Kori as that of a 12 year old girl. Or *not* that of a 22 year old man, whatever that means. :scratch2:They do not mean that as a compliment. And it colors how much I take into account anything else they say about Jason.

I will say, as I said in another forum, as a miserable old-timer myself, if showing joy, happiness, and trust in someone in the KnC are the actions of a 12 year old girl, then all skaters, no *all* people, should act as 12 year old girls.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
This is still my gold standard of how real adult men (whatever that means) should act in the K&C.

https://youtu.be/0lH9mg_ZneA?t=424

Jason has some growing up to do he he wants to catch up it seems.

Though Javi's goat noises are pretty awesome too.

That is such an awesome reaction! I will never get how people can see something bad in sincere happiness. It's always a joy to see reactions like that :luv17:

mrrice

Record Breaker
This is still my gold standard of how real adult men (whatever that means) should act in the K&C.

I will never forget that moment!! I love the fact that his Sister Laura was there to share in the biggest moment of his life. Now, what made this moment so great is because Rudy had been through some rough times prior to his win. I'm sure that watching Kristi rise so quickly after their split must have been very difficult for him. They had basically grown up together in skating and though I hear that Rudy was happy for her, it was nice to see him have his own moment in the sun. As a Todd Eldredge fan, I was happy to see them both on the podium at Worlds with Todd being the winner. For me, this was a great year. This was also the year that Michelle won her first World title and that my gal Maria Butyrskaya placed fourth at Worlds which was a huge step for her and a big deal to me.

Last edited:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Well, I just had to watch Rudi's skate again, for the gazillionth time.

Five Tollers! :bow::agree::yay:

Which with "The Piano" is what we should be sending to Worlds and we did send to 4CCs (trying vainly to get back to the subject of the thread:laugh:)

luckyguy

Match Penalty

This was good.:luv17:

My favorite is this reaction.

Regarding Jason, I thought it was their ritual since his childhood. But it is not so (2009 US Novice Nationals).

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He's still a puppy, but it's as if he grew into his fur :biggrin:
And :luv17: at this other little cutie. So much talent! And it gives me a good excuse to look again at what this tiny little baby turned into. Which in turn gives me another moment of sheer "Josh is coming back, Josh is coming back, Josh is coming back!!" euphoria :hap93: And there can never be enough of that!.

Man, lemme tell you, the first time they are at the same competition together - the first time they stand on the podium together again - I will be bawling my eyes out.

concorde

Medalist
Particularly if they label Jason's interaction with Kori as that of a 12 year old girl..

If you want to imply a reference, please make sure you get a right. No where did I mention a girl - you assumed that!

I think each person's view of what is acceptable can be attributed to the culture is which they were raised. I was raised in a reserved culture where hand holding and touching was not the norm, even amoung family members. In other cultures, I realize that same behavior is perfectly acceptable. How you perceive what is acceptable depends on your frame of reference.

I am not a touchy feely person so I find that Jason's behavior on the KnC strange. Others find the same behavoir perfectly acceptable. Each person is entitled to their own opinion.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you want to imply a reference, please make sure you get a right. No where did I mention a girl - you assumed that!

I think each person's view of what is acceptable can be attributed to the culture is which they were raised. I was raised in a reserved culture where hand holding and touching was not the norm, even amoung family members. In other cultures, I realize that same behavior is perfectly acceptable. How you perceive what is acceptable depends on your frame of reference.

I am not a touchy feely person so I find that Jason's behavior on the KnC strange. Others find the same behavoir perfectly acceptable. Each person is entitled to their own opinion.

Please re-read the thread. The 12 year old girl reference is to another post, another poster and in fact another forum. Where "12 year old girl" was the exact phrase used, and, IMO, used to disrespect Jason. ETA: I thought it was clear with the "or" that I was referring to different posts, and I apologize if it was not.

This does not have anything to do with whether the way Jason acts in the KnC comports with our own background. Come to that, one could not get any WASP-ier or reserved than my own background. But I would never criticize Jason's conduct in public, no matter how I felt in private. And it certainly is not a sign of immaturity, as was implied in other posts with other posters. That is what I was addressing.

But this thread is so long and has meandered in so many directions it's no wonder it gets confusing:laugh:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Honestly, Jason holding Kori's hand is actually low-key from him. He is a very touchy person. If you walk in the room and he's never met you before, he'll "introduce" himself by hugging you straight up. There's no pretence in any of his behaviour - he is genuinely just a happy, tactile person.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Man, lemme tell you, the first time they are at the same competition together - the first time they stand on the podium together again - I will be bawling my eyes out.

You're not the only one. And I guess just when we really have Josh back on the ice, seeing him skate again, we can all share the biggest tissue box ever :luv17:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You're not the only one. And I guess just when we really have Josh back on the ice, seeing him skate again, we can all share the biggest tissue box ever :luv17:

Oh gosh, I'm nearly tearing up just thinking about it.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Honestly, Jason holding Kori's hand is actually low-key from him. He is a very touchy person. If you walk in the room and he's never met you before, he'll "introduce" himself by hugging you straight up. There's no pretence in any of his behaviour - he is genuinely just a happy, tactile person.

True story. Almost 3 years ago when I went to the M&G after the Providence, RI 2014 SOI show, Jason hugged everyone that came up and met him Which included me. I smile thinking about it. It made my plans to be absolutely calm and collected go out the window. I'm not a touchy person when it comes to dudes except for a few. Which includes him. Like I wanted to hug him at the M&G, and yup that happened. It felt very nice. His personality is CONTAGIOUS. And in an awesome way.

That whole day was one of the best days of my life.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
True story. Almost 3 years ago when I went to the M&G after the Providence, RI 2014 SOI show, Jason hugged everyone that came up and met him Which included me. I smile thinking about it. It made my plans to be absolutely calm and collected go out the window. I'm not a touchy person when it comes to dudes except for a few. Which includes him. Like I wanted to hug him at the M&G, and yup that happened. It felt very nice. His personality is CONTAGIOUS. And in an awesome way.

That whole day was one of the best days of my life.

He is absolutly genuine. What you see is what you get. He is so gracious and friendly everywhere but I see him mostly at the Friends of Figure Skating Breakfasts. At Spokane 2010 nats he and Kori sat behind my wife and I for awhile and he had a young child on his lap....all three were having a great time....

Taan

On the Ice
Vincent ZHOU - is he going to SR worlds?

After his mesmerizing and sensational WIN at junior worlds ( with quad lutz!!) will he be going to senior Worlds this year, or is he already assigned?? :biggrin:

Or is he too young? :confused:

Should Jason be switched for Vincent?? :drama:

ZHOU and Nathan Chen are the only hope for USA to get 3 spots for Olympics after all!!! :scratch2: :cool: Your thoughts?? :popcorn:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And we need yet *another* thread on this because?????:confused::scratch2::noshake:

Mods, can this be merged with the Jason-Vincent discussion in the USFS Worlds selection thread?

Tahuu

On the Ice
Unless Jason is not fit enough to compete at worlds, Vincent can't go. What matters the most is who will go to the Olympics next year.

Two spots: likely Nathan and Vincent.

Three spots: likely Nathan, Vincent and Adam or Josh or Max.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Unless Jason is not fit enough to compete at worlds, Vincent can't go. What matters the most is who will go to the Olympics next year.

Two spots: likely Nathan and Vincent.

Three spots: likely Nathan, Vincent and Adam or Josh or Max.

third spot is up for toss between Adam, Josh, Max, and Jason. Those 3 guys don't always beat Jason.