Yuzuru Hanyu: 2021-22 | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2021-22

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Someone calculated how many spectators had viewed FaOI live in venues:

I think there's a mistake though. It's not 130,000 in the rinks, it's 112,000. What's sure is that the rinks were full, and people had to go through a lottery to be able to buy tickets. Shows attendance in Japan seem to vary a lot, because every FaOI stop was "more than full", while DOI look really empty in smaller venues. Or, maybe, the author meant 130,000 to 160,000 people in total (arenas + movie theatres)? Then 130,000 may be a low estimate.
As to cinema theatres, the sum is 249. Depending on their size, this means 49,800 viewers in regular 200 seats rooms, but I don't know if this is the real size of Japanese and Taiwanese cinemas who streamed FaOI.

yugra

Rinkside
Country
Hungary
Someone noticed than in Fantasy on Ice (part B of the tour) opening, Yuzuru Hanyu had "Yagudin steps", followed in a flow by "Hamilton steps":

Well, it's not that complicated, but it's always attention-grabbing as an interesting shtick.
Just as long as it's not too often. ;)

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
The fourth edition of Yuzu'll Be Back photobook is about to be released.
The photographer's message is quite moving:

Photographers in a row to photograph Yuzuru:

I would like in turn, to thank all these loving photographers, who show us even more facets of Yuzuru Hanyu's beauty.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
The Hanyu video now in KOSE stores

Translation of Cizeron's commentary on Raison
I didn't expect a comment from him, but after thinking it's not surprising: with Gabriella Papadakis they seem to like contemporary dance a lot, and Raison was a very successful beginning on this field for Yuzuru Hanyu. I'm nevertheless very happy of his comment!

By the way, today/yesterday there was a broadcast of FaOI Shizuoka Day 2, with a bonus: Day 3 Encore (Notre-Dame-de-Paris) from a new camera angle.
I saw a link to a Weibo page which I couldn't access, and an embedded video with the same problem, if you have any working link I would be so grateful!

yugra

Rinkside
Country
Hungary
I didn't expect a comment from him, but after thinking it's not surprising: with Gabriella Papadakis they seem to like contemporary dance a lot, and Raison was a very successful beginning on this field for Yuzuru Hanyu. I'm nevertheless very happy of his comment!
It seems that contemporary dance is becoming popular among figure skaters. In any case, this is a very complicated and interesting genre. I hope Yuzuru will continue to progress in this style.
I'd like that.

FaOI Shizuoka Day 2, with a bonus: Day 3 Encore (Notre-Dame-de-Paris) from a new camera angle.

Maybe in this video?
It really is the best angle for him, which hides his fatigue and shows his emotions more.
starting at 29:47

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
It seems that contemporary dance is becoming popular among figure skaters. In any case, this is a very complicated and interesting genre. I hope Yuzuru will continue to progress in this style.
I'd like that.

Maybe in this video?
It really is the best angle for him, which hides his fatigue and shows his emotions more.
starting at 29:47

To be honest, I don't know what to attribute to his fatigue or to his interpretation of a despaired hunchbacked young man.
It's really wonderful how he does it with very little upper back folding, rather his neck and his head positions, including his facial expressions, and he knows to adapt his interpretations to his physical/mental state, like in his overjoyed Seimei step sequence at PyeongChang Olympics.
Thank you so much for the video!

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Yesterday was Miyakawa san's birthday, Raison's singer.

"I can't wait" until GP announcement, and wonder if his assignments depend on a replacement being found for Cup of China.
Earlier ISU published that the Rostelecom Cup replacement would be in Espoo, Helsinki and the Cup of China replacement would be in Sheffield, but they took it away?
Earlier there was a possibility that there would be only 5 Grand Prix trophies this season.
I only hope Yuzuru Hanyu will be able to skate where he wants. He's not bonded by any rule of not being at the same trophy as some other skaters, because he didn't participate in Worlds.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
At last Yuzuru Hanyu's wax statue is in place at Madame Tussaud's in Tokyo! They redid his face (a bit less strange) but he's still in his Parisienne Walkways pose, with a "lighter version" of Origin 2 costume.
Japanese fans don't seem to appreciate, they imagined Yuzuru Hanyu's reaction when he sees the statue:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Still no news from ISU, except confirmation of Espoo as a GP spot.
Here's Raison + Esmeralda without interruption (Shizuoka Day 3):

And here's Raison in Shizuoka Day 1:
:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
It is rumoured that the Cup of China would be relocated to Sheffield, as said previously, but there was a misunderstanding about the venue, ISU wanting Sheffield Arena, larger, but with a hockey match planned for the end of the Sunday afternoon of the GP.

Raison in Kobe, I don't know which day, with Spanish subtitles:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Yuzuru apparently has a conference tomorrow where he'll announce a decision he's arrived at. I hope he's not retiring yet. I'd love to see one last season with two program genres he hasn't done in competition yet. :pray: It would otherwise be a very strange GP season in men's skating if Yuzuru was gone as well as, probably, Nathan and Vincent, the Russians, and possibly others.
Or his decision might be about something else entirely...

icetug

Medalist
Or his decision might be about something else entirely...
I truly believe it's not about his retirement. However, he has still unclear coaching situation (with TCC in his ISU bio, but with no their assistance in Beijing). So maybe he decided to return to Canada or to end officially their relations and switch to another coach. That would be quite important announcement, worth of a press conference.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I truly believe it's not about his retirement. However, he has still unclear coaching situation (with TCC in his ISU bio, but with no their assistance in Beijing). So maybe he decided to return to Canada or to end officially their relations and switch to another coach. That would be quite important announcement, worth of a press conference.
I hope you're right. I'd like for him to go back to Brian if they get along. Yuzuru's competitive career isn't likely to take much longer, so why change coach if these two already know each other well. :pray:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I cannot think of any reason why he would announce anything tomorrow other than to say that at the very least he is skipping the GP season. The timing cannot be coincidental.
At most retirement, but who knows…