2015-16 Ice Dance and 2016-17 SD Requirements released | Golden Skate

2015-16 Ice Dance and 2016-17 SD Requirements released

GF2445

Record Breaker
i want the Tech committee to continue to make these changes. We need more freedom and choices for dance.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
So now we have had choreographic spins, choreographic lifts, and choreographic twizzles. In 2016-2017, do we get a choreographic step sequence extra in the FD? ;)

GF2445

Record Breaker
So now we have had choreographic spins, choreographic lifts, and choreographic twizzles. In 2016-2017, do we get a choreographic step sequence extra in the FD? ;)

Actually, this season the Type B step sequence (i.e. The later step sequence in the free dance that has less required steps and retrogressions) has been dubbed 'the choreographed step sequence'

What i would like to see is the team being allowed to place the choreographic element anywhere in the FD, as opposed to the end.

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I would like a requirement of combination lifts.

Oh but wouldn't that make Ice Dancing more of, you know, a sport? Can't have that now, can we? It's so much more important to emote like you're in a 1920s silent movie. :drama: AND :sarcasm:

A full stop before the partial step sequence in the short dance is SO mid 1980s. We're back to the days of three part programs, usually soldered together randomly. How tiresome.

I'm a little confused by this requirement in the partial step seq:

Holds: by exception to Rule 703, paragraph 4, first bullet, Hand-in-Hand Hold with extended arms cannot be established and partners must remain in contact at all times, even during changes of Holds
and during Twizzles

What would that actually look like? Can anyone post a youtube clip illustrating how that would work? Just curious.

uhh

Medalist
Oh but wouldn't that make Ice Dancing more of, you know, a sport? Can't have that now, can we? It's so much more important to emote like you're in a 1920s silent movie. :drama: AND :sarcasm:

A full stop before the partial step sequence in the short dance is SO mid 1980s. We're back to the days of three part programs, usually soldered together randomly. How tiresome.

I'm a little confused by this requirement in the partial step seq:

Holds: by exception to Rule 703, paragraph 4, first bullet, Hand-in-Hand Hold with extended arms cannot be established and partners must remain in contact at all times, even during changes of Holds
and during Twizzles

What would that actually look like? Can anyone post a youtube clip illustrating how that would work? Just curious.

https://youtu.be/tW94TKZHboI?t=4m21s Don't always think of a twizzle as being the full sequences that we see as a required element, just one full revolution that travels across the ice also counts :) And in this case only one partner would be twizzling. Then it's easier to see how you would keep contact by joining hands over the twizzling partners head. I've also seen examples where the not twizzling partner holds an edge alongside the twizzling partner and holds their hand at the twizzling partner's waist, so they keep contact but the hand is running over the waist as they turn. It's hard though! The requirements for the in hold sequences in the FD have to include a twizzle for a level 4, but partners are allowed to separate & the vast majority take that option instead of staying in contact.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
So, we're going to have no not-touching step sequence at all? :scowl:

GF2445

Record Breaker
But why? what they are thinking?

They probably want to try something new.
I personally think that the partial step should include a mix of "in hold" and "no-touching" skating. They need to create some variety.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Also, in the requirements, they say NO LOOPS.

Does that mean loop as in the jump (which is illegal anyway)
or loop like the tracing on the ice??

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I'm probably in the minority but I would like a dance spin back in the SD.I love dance spins:yes: