Jason Brown | Page 190 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
With all the links to Weibo, but I just get thrown to the main page. Maybe hotel Wifi and my iPad don't mix? :confused:

Mrs. P, have you considered Rohene-Vietnamese name-P for a boy or Kori-Vietnamese name-P for a girl? :biggrin:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let's try those weibo links again:

Jason's main weibo page: http://weibo.com/u/5591185566

The Happy post to Shiyue Wang: http://weibo.com/5591185566/CeiooCR...profile&wvr=6&mod=weibotime#_rnd1429664875466

To get a hyperlink for an individual post, click on the date/time stamp in the lower left corner of the post, just like on Twitter.
Thank you so much Mrs. P, but I must be doing something wrong. And I can add Chinese to Japanese and Russian for the list of figure skating languages I need to learn.
And now I need to go meet and greet and stay awake through a 6:30 conference dinner when my body says it's 9:30. How do Jason or any other skaters handle even more drastic time changes? More respect:thumbsup:

TMC

Record Breaker
With all the links to Weibo, but I just get thrown to the main page. Maybe hotel Wifi and my iPad don't mix? :confused:

Mrs. P, have you considered Rohene-Vietnamese name-P for a boy or Kori-Vietnamese name-P for a girl? :biggrin:

I just get pictures of balloons, too

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I can't see any Weibo links either, but I just read this:

Unregistered users can only browse a few posts by verified accounts. Neither unverified account pages nor comments to the posts by verified accounts are accessible to unregistered users.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
LOL. That explains why sometimes I can it and sometimes I cannot. I tried registering and I think I did but I can't log in, lol. You really need a native person from China to show you how to do it......

No worries guys, the only post you'll miss out on is the cute one to Shiyue. The program is really there for the Chinese fans who can't access Twitter or Facebook. :D

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I can't see any Weibo links either, but I just read this:

Unregistered users can only browse a few posts by verified accounts. Neither unverified account pages nor comments to the posts by verified accounts are accessible to unregistered users.

LOL. That explains why sometimes I can it and sometimes I cannot. I tried registering and I think I did but I can't log in, lol. You really need a native person from China to show you how to do it......

Thx, TGS. My erratic success/failure at seeing weibo pages had been puzzling me too, so your post sheds light :).

Mrs. P, I wish Jason would give all of us a tutorial on registering for a weibo account :yes:. Or Zijun.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well I tried logging in just now and got a "freeze" page that told me my account was weird and i needed to key in my phone number. Ehhh....well I think i will just have to give up for now.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Good thing we can count on Jason's Instagram for lots of great stuff.

Such as video of Jason and his mom having karaoke fun in Japan :):

I signed up more for my curiosity about the platform myself. :) Also it is a great way to connect with skaters like Han Yan who posts more on his Weibo page.

I love karaoke! That was pretty good stuff --- Jason's mom was awesome. But everything I see those rooms, I always refer to it by the Korean term --norebang. Namely cause I spent a lot of time there when I was in Korea. :biggrin:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Okay, I managed to set up a weibo account, using a different email. LOL.

I did use one tip that recommend copy and pasting the verification link instead of clicking on it and that seemed to work.

I discovered that you can put "English" as your primary language of choice for the site, though like 70 percent of the site is still in Chinese, go figure.

First impressions: It feels like a mashup of Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Basically when you log in they ask for your "interests" and then they automatically have you follow a bunch of accounts related to that interest.

Anyway....I'm still sort of poking around...

Last edited:

firal

Record Breaker
I love that Jason is having such an awesome time in Japan! I think he is gaining even more Japanese fans from this trip, they are all commenting on how cute he is and how good his Japanese is on social media. And we know they in figure skating if you have lots of Japanese fans you are all set :biggrin:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes, indeed! I'm hoping he'll get on one of the Japanese Ice shows this summer.

And judging by the weibo comments, he's getting love in China as well. lots of cute heart and smiley face emoticons, lol.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I love that Jason is having such an awesome time in Japan! I think he is gaining even more Japanese fans from this trip, they are all commenting on how cute he is and how good his Japanese is on social media. And we know they in figure skating if you have lots of Japanese fans you are all set :biggrin:

It's interesting to look at his duplicate Japanese & English tweets from WTT. The tweets in Japanese have substantially more retweets and favorites than the tweets in English. I'd say he has definitely been a hit with the enthusiastic Japanese figure skating fans. :)

Tavi...

Record Breaker
http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ct-sta-skate-show-st-0424-20150422-story.html

Article about Jordan Moeller's One Skate At a Time fundraiser taking place in the South Chicago suburbs on Saturday. A good crew of skaters, including Jason. Anyone planning on attending?

Me! ;). Of course!

Mariah! Jordan! Hannah Miller!

I know Jason is announced but I keep thinking he will be too exhausted and will bow out.

I do hope I'm wrong but he's flying back today and the show is Saturday night.