Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 852 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I believe blthug was joking when she made her suggestion re naming the A spin after Yuzuru as seen in her emoticon. :)

And while it may be called the A spin because of the A shape made by the legs and bent over torso, I can't help but think that the "A" actually stands for either of two synonyms of butt that start with "a." ;)

ficelle

On the Ice
What old days could MAMA HANYU be remembering? when she used to harvest glittering lettuce? haha! can't imagine it.:rolleye:

She made costumes for Yuzuru from his debut to early 2011...and when you watch old videos, anyone can tell she added a lot of rhinestones/glitters (well maybe his son asked for it, who knows...:))

Last edited:

firal

Record Breaker
She made costumes for Yuzuru from his debut to early 2011...and when you watch old videos, anyone can tell she added a lot of rhinestones/glitters (well maybe his son asked for it, who knows...:))

Actually she did say in that one video, while adding more rhinestones, that that's what her son likes...:biggrin:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
He did another 4Lo-3A? Is that going to be his new 4T-3A+? :laugh:

A fan made a POTO figurine, the details of the costume/boots are amazing :shocked:

Last edited:

yhmafan

Medalist
^Nice postprandial break for me, thanks yhmafan. :) The "see no difference" photos are spot on, and I love the doki2 pics. :love:

Some questions if you can please answer: Is the new book on Yuzuru a sequel to "Blue Flame"? I suppose it is too much to hope for that it will have an English version.

According to the article apparently, yes. but I am still wondering if it is true. :confused: though if that is true I am happy..

And is there really a tradition of cross dressing as to the men of Tohoku?

As far as I searched, It is just as SuzyQ said that the vedeos about Yamato Tamura she kindly posted.
Now I could understand why the interviewee said that to Yuzuru. :laugh:

Thank you so much for these. What nice videos. lol besides Yamato, Taka Yuzuru Daisuke they are such dorks.:eek::

yhmafan

Medalist
Accoding to the fan who went to the show
"When the time of photo session, every skater had to fall into their positions but Yuzuru was so busy to speak to Marin.
Then it looked like Miki suggested him to go to his own place and in the end, his back was pushed by her who got impatient. that was funny (lol)" :drama:

Last edited:

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
"When the time of photo session, every skater had to fall into their positions but Yuzuru was so busy to speak to Marin.
Then it looked like Miki suggested him to go to his own place and in the end, his back was pushed by her who got impatient. that was funny (lol)" :drama:

Thank you for the report! Yuzuru LOVES kids and talking, how on earth could he care about something else? :laugh:
Marin obviously loves him, I've seen some tweets about her often coming to him for a hug.:)

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Actually Shoma Uno and Alain Chartrand do a beautiful variation on that A spin.

I LOVE this spin from Shoma! Inquired about it on another thread (if it was a variation of an A-spin) but don't think I got a reply. Now I know, so Thank You!

This thread has a discussion on Tano and Rippon jumps as well as how a jump or spin variation may become a signature move of a skater even if he or she may not be the first to do it (http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?53318-Question-about-Rippon-jump). As I've posted before, it would be great if Yuzuru has a jump or spin named after him.

Thanks for the links. From the second link and this link to Meagan's Twitter (https://mobile.twitter.com/mhjd_85/status/615057929541058560?p=v), I'm guessing there are different dress codes: untucked shirts for the 20 and under brigade (Yuzuru, Shoma, and Nam) and tucked in shirts for their senpais. ;)

Thanks everyone for the updates and links. :)

What about that spin where Yuzuru places his free leg over his neck. Has it been performed by another skater? Honestly, I actually prefer Yuzuru's recent A-spins (thought the WTT Chopin one was gorgeous) over that one but, like it or not, I do associate that spin with him.

SuzyQ

Medalist

:laugh:

In the interview at FaOI in Shizuoka, when they talked about Yuzuru's abs shown while his doing spins, Miki said to Yuzuru, "You should have tucked it (T-shirt) in your pants (without fail)!", something like that joikingly, and I laughed as she sounded like his mother :biggrin:

Last edited:

oriquey

Final Flight
I appreciate Yuzuru's go big or go home attitude towards his costumes. The beading looks very intricate and it must have taken a long time to make. I'm not bothered by the design at all.