Shoma Uno | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

mikaboo

Medalist
I had to look up who Tomita is. He looks familiar but I didn't know he was retired… 7 years ago! Which reminds me that I should go see Uchimura live in competition before he retires. :hijacked: Has anyone gone to see a gymnastics competition live? I have no idea which seat to aim for even if I had the opportunity to choose.

A Kose article on Shoma from DOI.
http://www.kose.co.jp/jp/ja/kose_sports/fig/repo21.html
Not much new information except that he is called "Apple-kun" by his skater friends because he poured apple juice into his dinner plate by mistake once.

I saw this photo circulating today because they say he looks like Shoma. Maybe in a year or two..?

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I had to look up who Tomita is. He looks familiar but I didn't know he was retired… 7 years ago! Which reminds me that I should go see Uchimura live in competition before he retires. :hijacked: Has anyone gone to see a gymnastics competition live? I have no idea which seat to aim for even if I had the opportunity to choose.

A Kose article on Shoma from DOI.
http://www.kose.co.jp/jp/ja/kose_sports/fig/repo21.html
Not much new information except that he is called "Apple-kun" by his skater friends because he poured apple juice into his dinner plate by mistake once.

I saw this photo circulating today because they say he looks like Shoma. Maybe in a year or two..?

"Apple-kun"...:laugh2:

He really looks like shoma. But I want shoma not to dye his black hair.:)
'
OK!. i' ve been to gymnastics competitions twice(I saw uchimura's Li Xiaopeng live!.). I totally get into it. I will tell you about it using pm later! :cool:

Last edited:

mikaboo

Medalist
OK!. i' ve been to gymnastics competitions twice(I saw uchimura's Li Xiaopeng live!.). I totally get into it. I will tell you about it using pm later! :cool:

Thanks for the information regarding gymnastics! It helps a lot.

There might be a thread for gymnastics in the Cafe?

Thanks for the suggestion. I've seen it at the Cafe before too but I think it may have gone to Archives already.

0smile0

Rinkside
According to Tokyo Chunichi Sports, Shoma will compete in U.S. International Figure Skating Classic along with Satoko and Kanako.

mikaboo

Medalist
According to Tokyo Chunichi Sports, Shoma will compete in U.S. International Figure Skating Classic along with Satoko and Kanako.

Great! I hope there'll be videos.

Also, news reports from yesterday say that Shoma (and Kanako) have signed up with Universal Sports Marketing. The same managing agency as Shizuka Arakawa and Daisuke Takahashi.

ETA: I've reposted your info. to Kanako and Satoko's threads. I hope you don't mind.

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker

Great! I hope there'll be videos.

Also, news reports from yesterday say that Shoma (and Kanako) have signed up with Universal Sports Marketing. The same managing agency as Shizuka Arakawa and Daisuke Takahashi.

I'm happy for Shoma and Kanako! Good news! Go!:cheer:

I wish I can see the video of U.S. International Figure Skating Classic!

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I was just watching this! I haven't got a clue what they are talking about, but just couldn't stop laughing. Poor Shoma! :laugh2:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
The part where he got most embarrassed was when Nobu was talking about the Mask he got of Vader.
"We were all playing with it in the back right Shoma?"
Shoma says "I wasn't doing that!"
Nobu: "You did! you did!" Nobu makes hand motions... "On the ice, you did it!" Shoma makes a face of painful recollection...
Nobu: "Ok, let's do it here! Ok? We'll do it!"
Nobu does the 'Force' thing Shoma does the back bend a tiny bit then bends over for real in embarrassment.

Nobu: Shoma, Shoma, the worst thing is to show embarrassment! If you say you'll do it, you do it! If you say you won't you won't! Ok? Watch Kita-san! (female announcer) Haaaaa! (does the force thing)
Kita-san plays along...and Shoma tries to run away again. "Come back! you can't flee Kansai!"

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
According to this ISU circular regarding Japan Open, Shoma is skating as part of Team Japan.

To quote (page 5):
Title: 2015 Japan Open Figure Skating Team Competition
Date: Saturday, October 3, 2015
Venue: Saitama Super Arena, Saitama [....]

Team Japan: Satoko Miyahara, Mao Asada, Shoma Uno and (1) TBD

Team Europe: Adelina Sotnikova, Javier Fernandez, Brian Joubert and (1) TBD

Team North America: Ashley Wagner, Gracie Gold, Patrick Chan and Jeremy Abbott [....]

Good luck, Shoma!