2015 Skate Canada Ladies Short Program | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Ladies Short Program

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
I think the judging here is generally quite fair (as compared to Skate America. Ha!) so far, but we'll have to see if that holds true for the men and the pairs.

I do think that Nagai's PCS was a bit low, but considering she doesn't have much reputation that's expected. And maybe Osmond was scored a little too high.

I think Ashley totally deserved her score here. Can't wait to see her at U.S. Nationals against Gold!

But nevertheless, this is one weird competition. :unsure:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Umm, yeah, I agree. Unlike Alena's the interpretation or choreo didn't knock out.

Does that all mean that the Men's even is going to kick ***?

Oh god I hope so. I'll need phenomenal performances from the guys to help me forget this horror :drama:

skatesofgold

On the Ice
Country
United-States
How was Polina's flying sit spin invalid? Protocols are up. And I don't understand Kaetlyn's placement at all.

Last edited:

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Ashley was fabulous- love this short for her- and she performed it with spunk, flair, sass, and attitude. Her jumps looked really good too. She was head and shoulders above everyone else.

I don't understand Polina's scores. Thought she was 2nd best by a lot.

I feel really bad for Tuk. But those scores were generous. She had a DEBACLE of a performance. She was slow, labored, awkward, and uncharismatic in addition to the jump errors.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You know, my gut was telling me that Liza wasn't going to win this. But, I was not expecting anything like this.

I felt really sorry for her. She was totally dumbfounded sitting waiting for her results.

But, we all have off-days. It's not time to write off the season.

Better luck in the FS, and in your next competition.

Night night everybody!

CaroLiza_fan

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I loved Ashley, and Yuka was also great but again I have to say that placement of Osmond is a big mystery. I know she had great start. I know this is her home event. But if we have Liza in 7th(doubled lutz-no points+messy landings), Helgesson in 6th(one doouble-footed landing but she still did all of her elements), Edmunds in 5th(URs but pretty clean) and Mallet in 9th(after clean skate!) then Osmond shouldn't be in 4th place (and believe me, I like her).She felt on one jumping elements and also on spin, which means zero points for two out of 7 elements.. I just can't agree with the judges.

Last edited:

liv

Record Breaker
Yup, pcs are used to boost, but at least you cannot really fiddle with the technical scores... too much.

badknees

Medalist
No pressure Ashley. Just skate and have fun!
She's probably gonna want to buy the dress off her friend! It's a good luck charm.

Lipea

Final Flight
Every time I look at predictions I think: that's NOT how it will be. Who would expect Yuka to be that high after short? Although one could, considering how well Japanese ladies prepared to this season. Who'd expect Liza to do so bad? Although, again, one could predict it, since she wasn't good with her SP so far this season. But people tend to think about skaters according to their recent achievements, which almost always makes the predictions wrong.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I love how everyone doubts Ashley then she proves everyone wrong.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I say good judging, surprisingly! :p She got higher PCS than Gracie which is reasonable consider Gracie botched up her 3F.