2015 Skate Canada Mens Short Program | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Mens Short Program

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Hanyu should probably go for 4S in the SP, now that he's trying the quad later in the program (which is choreographically brilliant, allowing that perfect 3A in the start, and he shouldn't back down on it). It's not worth the risk of doubling or tripling the 4Toe and then being screwed over on the jump combo as a result.

Lydia1703

On the Ice
I don't think I will get up early/stay up VERY late to watch the FS tomorrow, both ladies and men. It's 9204900245402 times worse than SA :slink:

Esopian

Final Flight
Wow, 6th place... Yuzu should be very angry to get it good tomorrow.

We (the figure skating fans) are already really shocked about this result, imagine how he feels right now. Now I hope all goes well for Yuzu in the FS! I'm sad about the SP results today ...

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Well, Hanyu didn't fall like Chan. And his overall skating I thought showed more control. Outside of the elements he was good. Chan made errors on all 3 jumping passes, whereas Hanyu did a perfect 3A and a 3Z+2T (which was dicey, but still landed, even if it didn't count for anything).

At least nobody can cry inflation, with Hanyu getting higher PCS.

I think people will still 'cry' inflation, but what they can't do is say SC is nationalistic. Hanyu did get slightly higher PCS & Nam's components were mid-7's. Keegan's were in the 6's.

mrrice

Record Breaker
So between Hanyu and Chan, we are never gonna have a gold medal winner with two clean skates, right? Until these two retire. I suddenly miss Plushenko.

I've been missing Plushy for weeks. Josh too. Please let me something good from these top guys in free program. So.......Highlight of the event........Ashley Diva Wagner!! :bow:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Yes he should. His PCS are a joke compared to what Hanyu put out there. Adam was ROBBED!!!!!

Maybe for Performance/Execution and Choreography he should be awarded.

Skating Skills and Transitions? No.
He doesn't have the strongest edgework. No transitions into the 4Lz. Even if he landed the 4Lz, it should get negative GOE due to 'no preceding steps'

Layback11

Record Breaker
I don't think I will get up early/stay up VERY late to watch the FS tomorrow, both ladies and men. It's 9204900245402 times worse than SA :slink:

Look on the bright side-nobody's toe pick hit concrete!
Seriously missing the Brendan Slay Count right now :laugh2:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Also surprised Nam didn't get higher PCS scores... at least nobody can claim home ice scoring affected him.

Both Hanyu and Chan were overscored on PCS... As far as Chan goes, I'd have had him at 42.5-43 PCS (and Hanyu should have been about the same too). So Chan would be slightly behind Rippon, but that shouldn't matter in the FS.

Lipea

Final Flight
I know Hanyu is amazing. But having 28 TES with only 3A out of all jump elements and still being ahead of clean Petrov... :slink:

Reginatszyan

Spectator
Yuzuru's PCS higher than Patrick's? Skating Skills, Choreography, Interpretation got 9...........?
I love both of them However I cannot accept that marks.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Now I can eat my dinner. I'll probably binge on some ice cream after......:drama: Drown the horror that was today.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Was the rink built on the burial grounds of one of the First Nations or something?

OMG you were spot on! I think there was something in the water...like Kaetlin falling on an over exited waltz jump...after 2 gorgeous 3F3T and 3LZ! GEEZ! Bring in the priests!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I know Hanyu is amazing. But having 28 TES with only 3A out of all jump elements and still being ahead of clean Petrov... :slink:

He got nearly 7.00 points in GOE, that made the difference.