2015 Skate Canada Mens Short Program | Page 42 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Mens Short Program

Bumdid

Record Breaker
Adam should just go a with a triple loop or triple salchow at this point instead of the 4lz. He's only getting 3.90 points for it anyway (2.90 if you counted the fall)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think people will still 'cry' inflation, but what they can't do is say SC is nationalistic. Hanyu did get slightly higher PCS & Nam's components were mid-7's. Keegan's were in the 6's.

THIS. Hanyu and Chan both were inflated slightly (as it shouldn't be)... but Nam and Keegan weren't given any favours from being on home ice (as it should be).

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Karne, you've made your point now. ;-)

After the pages and pages of whinging about it, no, I think the point needs to be reinforced.

Seriously missing the Brendan Slay Count right now :laugh2:

With the curse that's evidently on this ice I suddenly have no problem with Brendan not getting chosen as Liebers' replacement here.

And suddenly I have no problem with Josh not being here either :slink:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Yuzuru's PCS higher than Patrick's? Skating Skills, Choreography, Interpretation got 9...........?
I love both of them However I cannot accept that marks.

Hanyu deserved higher PCS over Patrick in every component except Skating Skills, but even there it's not much of a difference. Hanyu's performance was controlled better, he had more transitions, a better choreographic package (first half of the program was perfect), and better timing with the music.

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Adam should just go a with a triple loop or triple salchow at this point instead of the 4lz. He's only getting 3.90 points for it anyway (2.90 if you counted the fall)

Totally. It's quite silly of him to attempt the 4Z if he is unable to at least < it. That attempt wasn't even close.

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
That was SO BAD that it was actually pretty funny. Loved Brian Orser in the K&C. :laugh:

Hanyu will probably bury everyone tomorrow.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I need to know who will come out of the predictions game scattered

Rissa

Record Breaker
Trying to decide what's worse: Chan being where he is with a fall and an invalid jumping pass, or Hanyu being where he is with TWO invalid jumping passes.

Where are the people who were whinging about the scoring in the men at Skate America?

What the...? Hanyu's where he deserves, in the 6th place. Just in case you didn't notice none of the guys above him skated cleanly or deserved any higher PCS than they got with all their own falls and stumbles. This time I can't even argue Chan's placement. He fell. So did others. He had an invalid jumping pass but he had a pretty good choero and performance to aid his legenedary skating skills, and I'm no Patrick fan to praise him undeservedly. This was no Skate America with home overscoring.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
For Hanyu?

"Tarot Reading: Four of Swords (Reversed): Restlessness and mental disharmony. Deserting a struggle in progress. A temporary retreat from stress that turns into a permanent rout. A lack of vigilance that could lead to disaster. Looks like it will be a messy, headcase-y one for Hanyu."

Meaning as difficult as it was they shouldn't have changed the transitions into the 4T?!!! Oh no...the change in FS step sequence...*faints again*

whatif

Medalist
THIS. Hanyu and Chan both were inflated slightly (as it shouldn't be)... but Nam and Keegan weren't given any favours from being on home ice (as it should be).

What favours? Besides occasional good jump, both painful to watch. Nguyen's spins make me cringe. He should be thankful for generous scoring he is already getting.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Ok so now it's time to debate if Yuzu was more overscored than Patrick or the other way around:laugh:
Honestly, I just want to see them both with clean programs tomorrow (and also Nam).

And I prefer Yuzu on 6th with this performance than on 1st with 95p and fall on 4T ..
Anyway, it's 3:30 a.m. here so good night everyone!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
More jokes:

If you're Patrick Chan skating at Skate Chanada, you can fall on a jump and a judge will give you -1.

If you're Nam Nguyen, a fall will net you a couple of -2s. (To be fair, that was a weird one.)

If you're Michal Brezina you can also collect a -2 for a fall.

:rolleye: