2016 World Championships Ladies Free Skate | Page 84 | Golden Skate

2016 World Championships Ladies Free Skate

lyndichee

Medalist
Some of those jumps might be under review but she was fighting for all those landings.

Gosh this program is so tacky but I've seen it so many time I find it endearing now. What is becoming of me?

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Guys, not watching the competition, but just the commentary on the thread is perfect. I'm having the night of my life in the family reunion and no one knows why I'm snorting every five seconds.

:agree:

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Good fight by Elena, but boy, am I ever glad that this is the last time we'll see this program this year! This new dress is so unattractive, and it gave her an awful wedgie for nearly all of the skate. :slink:

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
See what I mean. That's why it upsets me so much when I hear people complain about Russia and their commentators. When I saw Maria B. I was wearing a giant American Flag hoody and she still kissed me... What does that tell you.

Oh, well. They certainly root for Russians on Russian TV, clearly because their major audience is located in Russian Federation. :yes: I'm bilingual, I live in California, usually it doesn't matter for me what commentators to listen, but i gotta say I truly appreciate Russian version with TAT. She is very emotional, sometimes like a cool old granny: grumpy, strict, screaming, overly exited, overly harsh and frank, but always very true to herself. She is one of those types who don't care any more and don't really have any agenda or strategy (how to make "our gals and guys to win more often"), she is rooting not for specific nation, she is usually rooting or figure skating in general. That's what I respect the most in her. But nature she likes Russians to win more often, because she knows them personally. She spend a lot of time with them, their coaches and parents, so it's understandable for her to have a personal emotional investment in particular skaters. Disregarding their nationality. TAT is just a huge fan of figure skating working on commenting her passion on Russian Sport TV. She is very direct and honest, sometimes too much, but it's always honest her. She is a very charismatic woman. Very hearty too. It's true tho when people say that Russians are too much straight-forward and frank. But hey, at least you would know they you stand with them. ;)

Ilvskating

Final Flight
HI love Radionova but not her skating. Her arms are just way too frantic and her posture is terrible. However she is so cut and lively:laugh:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I can't help but comment about Radionova, what is that pink and green dress? It is like she borrows it from Polina's closet.

FunsizedFlier

On the Ice
Radio, my sweet little guilty pleasure fav, seriously. And she has the mermaid doll to go with the mermaid dress, lol! I knew it was coming, and still I burst out in screeching laughter at those voiceovers

iamchrislao

On the Ice
now go clean the toilet or stick those tacky gloves into someone's xxx...but consistent as hell...she's lovely but the frenetic and unfinished moves make her look, as johnny would say "juniorish" but gotta love her personality. i prefer her over Medvedeva

da96103

Record Breaker
What Elena really wanted to say via Kate Winslet:

"I will never let go of my Silver Medal, you Zhenya and Satoko and American b---hes

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I am so nervous. Who is there? How do they look? Is Gracie looking nervous? Poor thing. In first but Evgenia can do 3x3x3x3. I recall the Japanese Oly gold winner in 2006 throwing 3x3x3 in practice.

Well Elena is full of heart but that was sloppy. Her posture is bad and she is not podium worthy for me. Pogo and engenia have much more polish. I do not want to see pogo do her epic fall. Elena does not deserve first. Ugh