2016-17 Splits & Partner Changes | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Splits & Partner Changes

alithia

Final Flight
So Kavita is on ice partner search now, but Andrea Fabbri is still on the list too.
Kavita's profile suggest she also holds the Swiss citizenship
Alessio Galli also on the list.It was true that it's probably half of Fusar Poli's group.
The Russians usually search between their own schools and if unsuccesful start searching abroad.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
They splitted too, quite surprisingly.

Double drat! Well, that makes two teams I have lost this season from the my-kind-of-dance-team list. Ghislandi & Ortenzi and Nguyen & Gart (I'm the most bummed about this little intermediate team, actually). Also sad about Grosul & Colluci, who had potential to make the list in the future.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
I don't think he's involved with Betina, I think a while ago (maybe) he was with Yanovskaya... they had a lot of off ice pictures together and a couple of months ago I noticed Sergei didn't have them anymore on his instagam.... now I'll shut up with the gossip, because really it's just their business but maybe it played a role in this, otherwise I can't see why he would want to change partner...I mean if I were him I would have changed coaches, not partner:shrug:

To me, it is not at all surprising to see this man dumping his partner in such a low manner, who used to attack his former coach Gorshkov so bitterly in one interview! Can you imagine that a student's heart was only filled with hate for his former teacher? :shame: And moreover, such hefty build is not for a good dancer... :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Papadakis/Cizeron ?

Don't panic - they're not splitting (as far as I know!). That comment was part of a discussion about why it's a good idea not to get romantically involved with your partner.

WeakAnkles was saying that not being romantically involved works for Duhamel and Radford, and turgon97 was agreeing, saying that it works for Papdakis and Cizeron too.

CaroLiza_fan

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Double drat! Well, that makes two teams I have lost this season from the my-kind-of-dance-team list. Ghislandi & Ortenzi and Nguyen & Gart (I'm the most bummed about this little intermediate team, actually). Also sad about Grosul & Colluci, who had potential to make the list in the future.

I had not heard that Grosul & Colluci had split. :cry: any details?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Don't panic - they're not splitting (as far as I know!). That comment was part of a discussion about why it's a good idea not to get romantically involved with your partner.

WeakAnkles was saying that not being romantically involved works for Duhamel and Radford, and turgon97 was agreeing, saying that it works for Papdakis and Cizeron too.

CaroLiza_fan

Actually that's not quite what I meant. Yes, D/R aren't a romantic pairing and that works, but more importantly, they are the example of a pair who realizes they have zero romantic chemistry on ice and have found a solution to that in their music choices and choreography. Really, I tip my metaphorical hat to them.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Cain/LeDuc will be skating for the US, lest anyone wonder. (Anyone who has not clicked on Stitch's link and who was curious about the recent rumor re Ashley, which now has proved to be false.)

Ashley said that she will continue to compete in singles skating as well.

And she is starting college (mostly online courses).

Yikes, Ashley is going to be busy.
Best of luck to her :yay: and to the new partners :yay:.

Last edited: