2016 Finlandia Trophy Mens SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2016 Finlandia Trophy Mens SP

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
slept through this ;)

from your comments and the great reports from sequingalore

1) Nathan : wow at doing not only two quads but the F and the Lz !!! :laugh2: CRAZY KID :) good on you!

2) Patrick : nose bleed or not, 84 is not bad... sure quality is not there in the jumps today, but at the beginning of last season, Patrick struggled WAY more than that to get his SP under control. I think he can come back in the LP, his strength as his overall quality is rewarded on each element, not just on a couple jumps... I saw pictures of the costume : I adore it. He is so sexy :)

3) surprised to see so many quads but that's good!

4) Samohin : saw in at ACI : huge jumps but he has issues with them... in the warm up there, all he did was trying his quads and he fell so many times.... I think he needs to calm down and work on something else than jumps for a couple months and get back to it... obsession with quads is not doing it for him.

will watch the top 5 or so later... but yeah... glad Patrick survived this.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
ohh Nathan, dear Nathan, "curls gone grazy" Nathan, i see that you are still losing valuable points on spins :palmf: at least got level 4 on stsq with very good GOE!! i really enjoy this program, stsq is very fast and he is keeping up with it!!

mcq

Record Breaker
so sick of Chan getting held up. that was such a sloppy skate. yet, regardless of how he actually skates, he is assured of an 80-ish score. what a joke

Because his PCS is high? I actually think his PCS is a bit conservative in this event compared to other events he has been in; he only got 42 almost 43 ish. He does have superior skating skills than the others so :confused2:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Because his PCS is high? I actually think his PCS is a bit conservative in this event compared to other events he has been in; he only got 42 almost 43 ish. He does have superior skating skills than the others so :confused2:
I think judging is quite fair here.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
ohh Nathan, dear Nathan, "curls gone grazy" Nathan, i see that you are still losing valuable points on spins :palmf: at least got level 4 on stsq with very good GOE!! i really enjoy this program, stsq is very fast and he is keeping up with it!!

"Curls gone crazy" is my everything:yes::yes:
"He is keeping up with it" barely:biggrin: #slaythan

mcq

Record Breaker
I think judging is quite fair here.

Yes, I also think the score is fine. I meant he usually got 44-46 in PCS even when he is not clean in his SP, so 42-43 is actually conservative? I don't consider it "held up" at all.

m0001

On the Ice
so sick of Chan getting held up. that was such a sloppy skate. yet, regardless of how he actually skates, he is assured of an 80-ish score. what a joke

Would you also complain that Hanyu got a PCS of 45.35 with a TES of 43.95?

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well you know another skating season has officially started when the Chan haters start to rant!

Wouldn't it be nice to have a season here where if you make a critique of someone it isn't automatically followed by yet another boring "you're a hater" comment?

A boy can dream...

Meoima

Match Penalty
Would you also complain that Hanyu got a PCS of 45.35 with a TES of 38.45?
Correct some fact: Hanyu got 43.95 TES at Autumn Classic with a botched combo, if you count -1 deduction for fall he only got 1 point for the combo he messed up. However he racked up a lot from the rest with quad loop and 3A and step sequence which were executed well enough.

Anyway this is early season and they're all not at their top forms, and scores in different competitions are difficult to compare due to different panel and all.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wouldn't it be nice to have a season here where if you make a critique of someone it isn't automatically followed by yet another boring "you're a hater" comment?

A boy can dream...

Wait....are you being a hater hating on haters hating on haters? That's just confusing ;)

iamchrislao

On the Ice
criticism =/= hate

if there is any hate here, it's your hate for any criticism, which by the way is protected speech. I suggest you recalibrate your comprehension lenses

:shame:

Well you know another skating season has officially started when the Chan haters start to rant!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

It looks so cute though :luv17:

I think judge 5 is my fave here..
Skating skills: Maxim: 7.75, Nathan 7.75, Patrick... 8. As not a Chan fan, that does kind of not look right to me :laugh:

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
Correct some fact: Hanyu got 43.95 TES at Autumn Classic with a botched combo, if you count -1 deduction for fall he only got 1 point for the combo he messed up. However he racked up a lot from the rest with quad loop and 3A and step sequence which were executed well enough.

Anyway this is early season and they're all not at their top forms, and scores in different competitions are difficult to compare due to different panel and all.

It still amuses me that Hanyu missed that combo because he hit a rut that he himself most likely made during warmup. What are the odds of that? :laugh2:

I just looked at the protocols for this competition and they seem reasonable to me.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Dani oh Dani
Pls move up in fs!!

My fav skater leading ( ::::)*_*