2016 Skate Canada Men's SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Men's SP

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
1st place SP is Goldenskate Forummers for being the most enthusiastic pre-event crowd

Give yourselves all a big quadruple pats on your backs.

LOL Unfortunately I have to :bed: so I'll see who the real winner is tomorrow.

GO guys... especially :scratch2: well I'll say Kevin!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I read the ladies SP thread. Not sure it was very nice in there to say the least. :noshake:

If you want nice, don't read this forum, especially the competition threads. ;)

When does the men event start? Before dance or after? It's probably too late for me as its midnight already here in Europe. *sigh* I really wanted to watch this live. :bed:

da96103

Record Breaker
Yes, he was, is. Maya Plisetskaya, Roberto Bolle, Nicolai Tsiskaridze, Yuri Smekalov, Sergei Filin... Do you know who they are??? They praised Plushenko's skating.. In Italy call him Barisnyikov on ice.. What a surprise!!!

How much I'm tired of this! I recommend you look at some videos of him not to repeat some uninformed opinions.... He was an inborn entertainer...

"This is angel on ice. Perfect its not enough. Its above. The legend this is what he is, the man who can skating on the cloud. Pure emotions. After this the sky can fall down. " this is Plushenko. I can show you thousands comments like this. But they are probably stupid ot blind..

I am sure he was at certain points of his career.

And I actually know two person from your list without looking at google.

Maya Plisetskaya was the most beautiful dying swan. Her arms are insanely swan-like. She even did Camille Saint Saens' Dying Swan at age 60/70.

Sergei Filin was the Russian Ballet director who had acid thrown to his face by a nasty dancer in the company who was unhappy that his ballerina girlfriend was not given lead roles or something like that.

da96103

Record Breaker
Come on guys, these "Skater A is better than Skater B" discussions belong at the end of the thread, when the event is over. ;)

If there isn't a Hanyu vs Chan debate in the any men's thread, I would check the website address to see if I am in goldenskate.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All we know for sure is two things: 1. This competition will have tons of huge talent. 2. The main focus for the press and commentators will be Hanyu vs. Chan.

And mostly sure of this: Gold and silver is most likely locked by Hanyu and Chan. But not that order necessarily. Which will lead to a fight for the bronze.

da96103

Record Breaker
I guess I'll have to find a different way to discuss Patrick. I'm sure if you were to go back and review my posts regarding his skating, you'd see that I rarely compare him to the other skaters. I think his skating stands alone and there are plenty of things to discuss without comparing him to anyone. I don't think I've ever compared to him to Hanyu unless it was Worlds or the Olympics as they are rarely skating in the same GP events before the final. I think it's safe to say that lineup of skaters in this event is spectacular and I look forward to seeing them all.

Lol, you do you. It isn't goldenskate unless there's Chan v Hanyu debate.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
"This is angel on ice. Perfect its not enough. Its above. The legend this is what he is, the man who can skating on the cloud. Pure emotions. After this the sky can fall down. " this is Plushenko. I can show you thousands comments like this. But they are probably stupid ot blind..

Hanyu? Chan? They only skate on ice, not water, let alone steam. They can't hold a candle to cloud skating angel that is Plushenko!

qwertyskates

Medalist
It's probably because there are fans who can't stand their favourite skater not being number 1 in every single aspect of skating, even if the skater themselves have admitted they have areas where improvement is required.

There are things Hanyu has that Chan doesn't have and there are things Chan has that Hanyu doesn't have. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy both of their skating.

THIS:agree:

I think for fans with some ballet/dance background, Patrick's better control, extensions, lines, intricate footwork, etc. are superb.

Hanyu's fans probably love his passion, jumps, drama, energy and packed choreography, and costumes.

Both styles of skating are needed, IMHO.

May the best man win!:yahoo:

I'm supposed to go to bed too, but it's a Sat tomorrow....:bed:

Biellmann

Match Penalty
Don't worry Chan fans. Yuzuru will scre* it up and Patrick will win no matter how he skates. And then you can throw dirt until the next competition, if it makes you happy :yawn: :coffee:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Don't worry Chan fans. Yuzuru will scre* it up and Patrick will win no matter how he skates. And then you can throw dirt until the next competition, if it makes you happy :yawn: :coffee:

But Chan fans are never throwing dirt. It's obviously only the obnouxious Yuzu fans! :rolleye:

(And I don't even want to say all Chan fans are the same/like throwing dirt at others or something... I just have a thing for the word obnoxious now :biggrin: )

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Can't I like both Chan and Hanyu? I like them both. I just want them both to skate well and let the chips fall where they may. And I'd like to see Han Yan get it together and see Misha Gee do well.

I've raised an eyebrow (not literally because I can't do it even though it would be cool to be able to) over some of Chan's scores in the past. If he falls multiple times it's hard to see him held up. I don't think anyone should be held up, ever. But when Chan is on he is beautiful and incredible to watch.

Lambari

Final Flight
I saw this thread was 7 pages long and thought the event had already begun...

This is nothing about the topic of the thread but I'm rolling at the portuguese pun on your nickname. :rofl: When I was new to skating and learning the names I remember being :scratch3: when I saw her name.