Country
United-States
Sota Yamamoto JPN
SP: "Split;" "Postcards from Far Away" by Ezio Bosso
FS:
choreo by Benoit Richaud

Valentina Plazas & Maximiliano Fernandez USA
SP: "Never Enough" by Kelly Clarkson; choreo by Jim Peterson
FP: Dune soundtrack by Hans Zimmer; choreo by Christina Carreira; Anthony Ponomarenko

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Alena Kostornaia & Georgy Kunitsa RUS
SP: "The Departure" (Lullaby) (from The Leftovers) by Max Richter and "Wait For Me" by Luca D'Alberto; choreo. by Betina Popova

Semion Soloviov RUS
SP: Piano Concerto No. 1 by Sergei Rachmaninoff; choreo by Tatiana Prokofieva

Vadim Voronov RUS
SP: "Fate of the Clockmaker" by Eternal Eclipse and "Love Theme" (from The Godfather) by Luka Šulić; choreo by Elena Sterzhanova

icewhite

Record Breaker
I suppose they are all waiting with their free skates until they know whether the proposals will pass?
And that might also be an incentive to keep the short, so that you don't have to learn too many new things in a short time? :unsure:

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Semion Soloviov RUS
SP: Piano Concerto No. 1 by Sergei Rachmaninoff; choreo by Tatiana Prokofieva
Oh how interesting. The 1st instead of the 2nd which has become a classic in our sport. Though I'm actually not familiar with Soloviov. And interesting coincidence about the choreographer's name (could she possibly be a descendant of Prokofiev? How common is that surname?)

I have mentioned that I want to see some less ubiquitous Rachmaninoff programs (and more of him in general). He is one of the last musicians I find interesting and the composer I play most often. It has been one of my main hopes in skating that our girls take up his music more often too.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Oh how interesting. The 1st instead of the 2nd which has become a classic in our sport. Though I'm actually not familiar with Soloviov.
He's keeping the program from this season. He became 8th at Nationals with it (that was a big achievement for him)

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
He's keeping the program from this season. He became 8th at Nationals with it (that was a big achievement for him)
Thanks. I thought I watched all the men at nationals but I guess I missed some. This was a nice skate and program though. Maybe I will start paying closer attention to the other disciplines next season.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
FFS. The Dune soundtrack isn't THAT good. And what, are the so eager to portray Bene Gesserit, a bunch of desert barbarians or are they gonna play a sandworm? THAT would make for an interesting choreo for sure.

Haven't seen either part of the recent re-make, but I thought the soundtrack to the original film was great. Really disappointed that none of the Ice Dancers took advantage of the 1980's theme to use it.

I know everybody thinks of "Africa" whenever Toto is mentioned, and I am no different. But I got a whole new appreciation for the band after hearing what they did for "Dune" (1984).

CaroLiza_fan

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
FFS. The Dune soundtrack isn't THAT good. And what, are the so eager to portray Bene Gesserit, a bunch of desert barbarians or are they gonna play a sandworm? THAT would make for an interesting choreo for sure.

In Wakaba's case the music suits her and the choreography by Jeffrey Buttle highlights her strenghts without being literal. Imo it has the potential to be one of the most enjoyable women's programs this coming season.

rabidline

Final Flight
To be quite honest, I love what I saw from the first look on it (Wakaba's program starts in the middle after Koshiro):

Wakaba's program starts with the track I liked a lot from the first film which is "Herald of the Change" (the soundtrack for the scene where the Atreides family is visited at Caladan by the Empire's representative to give them control of Arrakis) and the other two tracks "Worm Ride" and "Harvester Attack" is sufficiently action-filled for a closing step sequence + layback spin sequence which are Wakaba's specialty.

But I also think having Dune as a SP instead of FS helps- it keeps the music dynamic throughout and ends before it gets too repetitive.