2016 Skate Canada Ladies FP | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Ladies FP

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I can't even be offended by this program, I'm too busy laughing. The miming, the expressions, the sound effects... to me it's the same as her SP, or Radio's Titanic- just... :laugh2:

Whatever, she skated well. I'll just mute the stream and play something else like always

firal

Record Breaker
Really hate this program and music and voices and phone ring, but Zhenia is so precious and has a heart of steel. Domination again this season!

glorybox6

Final Flight
I really just don't understand how this program came to be for Med. It is so beyond insulting and manipulative. Was this all Averbukh, Time for Peace Pt. 2?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
132.12 with only 5 triples and a fall? What sort of home ice foolishness is this?

five clean triples, edge issue on the lutz and a fall. 7 triples attempted; 6 scored essentially. Its all relative to the others. I know many like Satoko but in the old scoring system she could have dumped quickly for such small jumps; if judges wanted too they could reduce her GOES. in the 6.0 you could get those jumps done ala Jennifer Robinson but be marked way down. So I can see why Osmond might score higher. She sells the program but yes , I agree not af an of the music. But then again she is like Ashley Wagner she works the program but in Osmond's favour while she doesn't h ave the political push she is more organic or natural than Ashley with her presentation.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
This I CAN'T WITH THE GEORGE W BUSH IN THE BACKGROUND.

It's pretty music, take out the sounds. The sounds feel so exploitative. Stop it, Averbukh.

My personal feelings on the program aside, Evgenia looked a little labored today, a tiny bit less effortless than usual.

Yes, everything to this.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Some shaky landings toward the end, but knowing the insane judging they'll probably still give her a massive score...:slink:

Well in fairness despite some minor mistakes she has the best program of the night in term of technique.

Vili67

On the Ice
Medvedeva is good but i had this feeling i see robot on ice.
No human but this is only my opinion.

twirlingblades

Medalist
Voiceovers are always weird (flashbacks from Radionova's LP from last year), but other than that I think I like this program.

TMC

Record Breaker
The voiceovers in Evgenia's program are such an obvious attempt to get me to FEEL SOMETHING that it just pulls me out of her program entirely.

Exactly! I found myself feeling sad, but I was sad because they chose such music and the attempt was so in your face...I felt sad for her.

I won't be able to watch this programme again unless they take out the sound effects. I like her and she's a talented skater, but this is terrible :(

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
11 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA (RUS)

Music: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Alexandre Desplat
Piano Lesson with Grandma by Alexandre Desplat

Grey long-sleeve dress, pink ombre hem

3F+3T
3Lz - !
FCCoSp
StSq
3Lo
3F
2A+2T+2Lo
3S+3T - tight
2A - tight
ChSq
CCoSp
LSp

Bit tight on some jumps, but clean and enough for the win

FS: 72.86+71.55 = 144.41, 220.65, 1/11

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Come one BESP guys, "best female skater in the world" again??? I am so disappointed with you!

Kuan

Final Flight
She needs work on her carriage and flow. Also not loving her "open mouthed emoting" at the beginning and end of her program.

Actually her mouth is open during the whole programm. It is kind of distracting.

Last edited:

MeltedIce

On the Ice
A couple of tumbles but she's more secure and her execution far better than any of the others, a well deserved victory