2017 Worlds Men's SP | Page 82 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Men's SP

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Well, I think that everyone of us can agree about the fact that Parisienne Walkways is nearer at 45.32 in PCS than it is at 42.65 though :agree:

Oh, when it's performed as well as a 2013-2014 Hanyu could perform it, it's definitely worth 45+ PCS. However, that was in response to a skater's PCS rising monstrously throughout the season (or in this case, from one competition to the very next one). It was definitely a boost in PCS intended to increase Hanyu's OGM contention.

Nobody's PCS should jump so significantly from one skate to another -- unless you're Lipnitskaia/Hanyu getting backed by the Russian/Japanese feds in an Olympic season apparently (or Gold's PCS jump from team to individual in Sochi).

Last edited:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
So, the favorites ended up blowing it in the SP and our sneaky underdog 2-time WC is going to take it after all.

But there's still the FS. I can't even. It's going to be a bloodbath.

andromache

Record Breaker
JAVIIIII!!!!! YAYYYYYYYY! THAT'S RIGHT YOU ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIOn!! OMG this competition is INSANE!!!!

That said, I think Javi skates better LPs when he makes a mistake or two in the SP. (Proof: 2015 and 2016 Worlds).

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
"Oh no boys, this crown is MINE and it will stay that way!"

Utterly awesome. This is figure skating. Viva Espana! :bow:

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
WOW JAVIER!!
Bow down to the WC's men! :bow::bow:
I really thought Shoma would have been in the lead after the SP, but Javi always let me by surprise :yahoo:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Javier Fernandez

Superb 4T+3T and 4S with almost perfect landings. And wow, a fantastic 3A too! The first pin was a little short near the end, and almost ran out of room on the circular footwork sequence. I'm still not sure why they changed it from its original serpentine sequence which I think filled the rink more.

But either way, Javier is back on top! Wow, this men's SP has been fantastic so far! I can only hope the FS is as good.