2017 Worlds Men's SP | Page 91 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Men's SP

rugbyfan

On the Ice
Love, love, love Chan's program... and for once had enough nerves to watch it. Javi also superb. Missed Hanyu... going to have to go back to see what happened.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Well done by Jason. I don't think he'll move up but Nathan could one spot so the three spots for next year for the US is possible.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Javier's sexy look! So, now that it's over what WAS that deduction for Yuzuru for? The combi?

Oh...beautiful heli ride over Helsinki!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I have to remark that in the Top 6, there were 11 quads performed! Who knew it would be like this just two years ago? O_O

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
thx Chemistry66 for the post about spots

I was afraid we had the 'chance' of staying with 1 spot with SP placements:laugh:

breadstal

Record Breaker
The judging in figure skating is so messed up :rolleye: But another amazing competition after ladies and pairs :yahoo: The free will be even crazier.

mrrice

Record Breaker
OK people, I just searched for an unblocked clip of Patrick's SP and couldn't find one. If you have a link, I am begging you to post it. Judging by the scores it seems like the SP was very exciting and well skated. I can't wait to see them all.

Icey

Record Breaker
Chen only got about 4 points more than Jason . But in the long the quads are more distancing.

yuna13

On the Ice
i don't get shoma pcs! why holdig him back?

jason brown has 45 just like shoma. it doesn't make sense to me. look at yuzuru he is a bit messy on arms movement and he gets 47. i would put shoma third on the pcs score.

he did two quads including one extremly difficult, he has amazing transition in and out of jumps and he is a true dancer.

Last edited:

breadstal

Record Breaker
According to Oleg Vasiliev, Yuzuru Hanyu's deduction was for a late start to his opening pose. @rockerskating

medvedevasocks

Match Penalty
Well so far I was totally wrong on Hanyu saving his best for worlds. I hope he skates a great LP but even if he does he probably now needs Fernandez to make a couple mistakes if he is to catch him. Both Hanyu and Chen will be under pressure now since both Uno and Chan are capable of very high scores in the LP themselves and have a significant, far from insurmountable but signifiant, edge on them after the short. Will be an exciting finale. Not that Fernandez has it in the bag either, if he has a fall and some additional problems, the door is open enough for someone to possibly catch him too.

The U.S has a decent shot at 3 spots still. Russia has a very slim shot of 3, probably wont get it, they are sitting at 17 now. I kind of hope they can get 3 if at all possible since with Plushenko probably coming back just for a Team Gold again (ugh) I hope Kolyada and Kovtun both get to compete at the Games as well.

MIM

Medalist
That has to be one of the best skated shorts in years in any discipline, going right back to some great performances in the very first flight (Reynolds, Kerry) to the last. Thanks to all the skaters!

I agree. The level of the performance was insane. This is the intensity we get at the Pre-Olympics WC.

lynnems

Rinkside
For fun, Men's 2018 Olympic and Worlds spots if the SP standings were the final standings:

SP Results

3 spots

Spain (1, only skater)
Japan (2 + 5 = 7)

2 spots

Canada (3 + 12 = 15)
China (4, only skater)
USA (6 + 8 = 14)
Russia (7 + 10 = 17)
Kazakhstan (9, only skater)

Olympic Spots (24 determined here out of 30 total, remaining 6 at Nebelhorn)

(1) Spain
(2) Spain
(3) Spain
(4) Japan
(5) Japan
(6) Japan
(7) Canada
(8) Canada
(9) China
(10) China
(11) USA
(12) USA
(13) Russia
(14) Russia
(15) Kazakhstan
(16) Kazakhstan
(17) Israel
(18) Australia
(19) Latvia
(20) Czech Republic
(21) Uzbekistan
(22) France
(23) Sweden
(24) Georgia

two are here from Spain

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Honestly Jason seems a bit out of place in this last group. Kinda flat after those great skates before him

Really?! I mean, you're entitled to your opinion, but his skating quality was superb and his choreography was stunning.

I loved that the was a technical gong show from Fernandez/Uno/Hanyu/Chen/Jin and then your skates from Chan/Brown with one/no quad that showed the essence of figure skating and that it's not always about the jumps.

I can only pray these guys bring this level of skating (if not better) to the Olympics next season. I'm so proud of all of them. :clap:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Did I step into a wormhole? Is this a parallel universe? What was this competition? One of the most well skated men's comps I've ever had the pleasure to watch, wow! :shocked: :yahoo: :eeking: Gonna take some time until I'll be able to form a coherent thought again. :laugh: