Wenjing Sui & Cong Han

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
VISA cards support them everywhere in the world

:laugh: It's a good thing since

Wenjing says she doesn’t understand money very well, she just swipes her credit card and leaves the bills to her mom

What they say to and about each other is really touching with their mutual appreciation and support:

Asked to say something to their partner: Wenjing is thankful for meeting Han Cong on her figure skating journey. When she was little and didn’t really understand the world, he was like a locomotive pulling her ahead. Though she now has her own goals and knows what she needs to do, there are still times she’s uncertain, and during those times he is like a lamp shining on her and helping her go in a better direction. She thanks him for staying by her side all these years, no matter what they went through, they walked through pain and hardships together. This year is their 10th year of partnership, when she was in Canada she sent out a weibo message about it. This is their first 10 years and they received their first present, their first World title. In their next 10 years she hopes they will achieve even better results.

Cong: Wenjing in his heart is an incredibly strong, determined girl. She’s more amazing than all other girls. In these 10 years, especially the previous year, she suffered such a serious injury, went through the torture of surgery and rehab. Compared to others she had very little time to train, but in this time she was able to regain a level that allowed them to win the World Championships. She has given far more effort than him, suffered through far more pain than him. He hopes the future will hold no more pain for her, and in order to win more titles, they will continue to work hard together.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Wenjing says she doesn’t understand money very well, she just swipes her credit card and leaves the bills to her mom

Haha I love this part! She is very relatable :)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just received my latest issue of International Figure Skating magazine, and there is a really nice article in there about Sui and Han. The first part talked about their Worlds medal and the surgery and how difficult the recuperation was. Here are a few other comments -- sorry if these are old news. It's the first time I'm seeing some of the info.

While Sui recuperated, Han continued training. He said it made him realize how much he loved skating with Sui. He said he practiced alone every day that she was in the hospital. "It was a very difficult time. Sometimes I worked with little girls from other pairs -- I borrowed them to do the lifts. They were heavier than Sui, but it was good practice."

Sui talked about how fortunate she is to be back. Their FS music really described their experience, and she said it was just like the lyrics to their FS "we help each other and work together." Han said he was honored to win the 4CC title, but the medal was not only theirs. "We owed it to everyone around us who helped us to come back. Our team did everything for us. We were reborn in that Championship." Before 4CC, they had three test competitions and the Chinese team invited some international judges to see them. They gave a lot of suggestions and advice that were very helpful. Han said that the challenges they overcame gave them the confidence to deal with anything that comes their way in the future. They know they can face difficult things together and build each other's confidence and their relationship.