2017 GP NHK Ladies FS | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2017 GP NHK Ladies FS

Lightstar

On the Ice
The thing with her is:
1. Unpopular opinion but i really don't like the dress, it's just to much
2. Last season it was like when she stepped on the ice i knew she was going to hit, but this season i am always scared to death! I think puberty hit her
3. I would kind of not wondering if olympics are going to be a big surprise for us in the ladies event!

Lissy

Medalist
This dress has too much going on. Between the gloves, necklace, sleeves, and back, it makes it very unflattering. Oh and the see-through skirt.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
Rough skate by Zhenya standards and she seemed out of it, but I like it overall. The music does a lot of work for her artistically though. I hate the facial expressions (the goofy/creepy mix is right out of David Lynch). I admire that she doesn’t break down after mistakes though, that’s the mark of a champion.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
According to the Italian ESP commentators in their podcast, Zhenya has some ankle ligament issues and has had to scale back on training.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
OH NOOOOOOOO!!!! I hope this will just be a one off as I GASPED big time with the fall and it threw off the performance, so not like her :(

frida80

Record Breaker
If she has injuries on her legs or ankles are will throw something. How to you break the world's best skater like this!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
She looks a little downhearted after that.

I wonder if this really does leave the door open for someone else to win?! If so NHK will be the upset of the season so far!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Dayum, that was gutsy... especially the 3-3's in the second half. Should still put up a big number, but I'm so interested to see what Japan will do with her.... one fall = 10.00, so one fall + stepout = 9.75? :laugh:

moriel

Record Breaker
Ugh, not happy
I was already biting nails waiting for Polina to skate, and now Zhenya wrecked my nerves entirely

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Oh wow, pretty sure she has some physical problems now. Those tapes on both legs explain a lot. She looked slower than usual and in pain :(

Amazing that she managed to sneak back that -3T later on in the program, such a fighter.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She was favoring one leg in a video that was out today. Ankle problem?

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
She was super tight in the choreography after her mistakes. Sasha spiral was barely held and her 2A is getting pretty consistently messy.