2018 Olympic Figure Skating Team Event Day 2 | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Team Event Day 2

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The tech panel was pretty much brutal with everyone. I hope all these teams will work extra harder to make sure they're top-notch for the SD next week. In a sense, this is where the team event is actually quite nice.

mjspideygrl

Rinkside
I agree that Scott and Tessa should have been higher than them. I don't think B/S should've been so close to the the ShibSibs.
I like the Shibs, but honestly their score here is honestly fair enough. The program itself is nice, the Levels are fine, but their skating skills, interpretation, choreography are not on Tessa and Scott's level. The difference is obvious.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Lol. If you give V/M ~81 at least give the Shibs 78. I'm done. Goodbye. Poka!

Good luck to Bradie and Zhenya!

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I really enjoyed Luca's expressiveness, the story being told by his face throughout the dance was more than both Shibutanis combined.

I wish they had done a more authentic rhumba to emphasize the fact that they're probably the best team competing who can do Latin. He and Bourzat were the only men who didn't make me cringe from second hand embarrassment last time they had the same pattern dance.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Bobrova/Soloviev should have been behind the Italians but weren't, as expected. Oh well.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The tech panel was pretty much brutal with everyone. I hope all these teams will work extra harder to make sure they're top-notch for the SD next week. In a sense, this is where the team event is actually quite nice.

Absolutely brutal, but at least they were CONSISTENT. The placements are spot on.

I really enjoyed Carol Lane's commentary. I feel like I learned things, which is a definite change of pace from the usual nationalistic gushing.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Scott always has a very smug look, as if he's too good to even be there and should be handed the medal for just showing up :disapp:
Ummm... You see 'smug look', I see confidence he is carrying himself with, which is justified based on the level of their skating and preparation. The look of confidence that suits him very much I would say and makes this SD even more fabulous in reception as a sole performance (not really talking about concept here) than some people would ever admit.
But to each on their own, they sure did not come there to please everyone with their faces or attitude.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I'm not an expert, but honestly, if Virtue/Moir have a level 2 rhumba here then you probably have an overly strict technical panel.

I kind of hope they sub in another ice dance team for the free, because I cannot take my nerves with the Shibs out there :drama: