2018 Olympic Figure Skating Team Event Day 2 | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Team Event Day 2

synteis

Medalist
The Shibutanis and V/M back to back, what a treat. I love the ShibSibs SD so much. I must have watched it at least 20 times on youtube. The SD from V/M is also very good. In my own personal ranking for SDs this season it goes S/S then V/M with P/C a ways away as far as programs go (not performances). I do get why V/M have scored higher than the Shibutanis though. It's just my own preference coming in since I love the story+attitude+music of their SD the most and they pull it off really well.

bixby

Final Flight
Again, I think overall the Shibs has the right total package for the short dance. Their score begs for a little more! Not satisfied with it.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
OMG are they playing Moulin Rouge in the arena?? IS that a cue for more Tessa and Scott??

Amei

Record Breaker
Have you not heard of the Russian Flag and anthem ban?

That's only on the participants, pretty sure they IOC would look like bigger villains if they started telling a paying fan that they couldn't bring a certain country's flag into the stadium.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Loving this tech panel. No gifts!
After GP season full of Christmas like gifted scores for some, we probably expected same to happen there... Good to see for a change something more kept to the actual ice. I just hope that this will be repeated, this level of technical and performance/program quality scrutiny, in Individual Event for EVERYONE, regardless of reputation.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Compared to Sochi this Team event's is kinda sad. It's so early very few skaters cheering in the K&C :eek:

They need to take a cue from WTT where the athletes all had patriotic gear and goofy hats and such

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I have no issue with the Panel.

They called it consistently, across the board. I'm fine with these placements too so if they want to continue into the 'individual', please do. I will gladly sacrifice WRs or SBs, if we get the right order in the end.

auser

Record Breaker
I'm saving for a ticket to Pyeongchang to kill the cameraman and replace him with someone professional, someone who will show us something more than computer tricks and upper body movements.
Who's with me?
I don't understand why we need those aerial camera views for ice dance. I was also yelling at NBC on my TV to move their "snowboarding coming up" graphic before it covers ice dancers' feet. It is dance we need to see the feet :agree:.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I am so full of red velvet cake and 28 week old fetus that I can’t move from the couch, but I gotta goooo to the ladies room... can someone call an Uber for me, but specify that I actually need a crane and not a car? Thanx.

At least you have a little bit of time even if it takes you the entire break between Ice Dance and Ladies?

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm not an expert, but honestly, if Virtue/Moir have a level 2 rhumba here then you probably have an overly strict technical panel.

I kind of hope they sub in another ice dance team for the free, because I cannot take my nerves with the Shibs out there :drama:
Couldn't agree more I think they need to put in Chock and Bates the emotion of there free dance can compete better then the end of the Coldplay trilogy that the shibs have

GGFan

Record Breaker
There's sometimes a fine line between arrogance and confidence, but hey, whatever they're doing it's working, more power to them :cool:

Scott is a piece of work and there were some years there when I wanted him to keep his mouth shut. However the TSL interview with V/M was revelatory to me. He's just a snarky truth-teller, which I can get with. :dev2: Dave totally ragged on the Seasons and he took it in stride. I get his personality now.

Lissy

Medalist
Some of the comments here tonight have me worried about the rest of the competition. Can't we all just be nice?

If people don't love V/M, can we not jump down their throats? That also goes for every skater in the competition. Everyone is entitled to have and express their own opinion as long as they aren't being mean.