2018 Olympic Season: Men's Figure Skating | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Season: Men's Figure Skating

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I hate to miss the next unforgettable event after the pairs. But the time is gruelling, especially if one is supposed to study for exams. Does anybody know when the last group will start exactly and where it can be seen online for certain? I don't believe they show it on German tv.

Here is the complete breakdown (Korean time of course) of the men's SP, which is also linked in the first post of the Men's SP thread :)

Ophelia

Record Breaker
1) There needs to be a function that pins streaming links to page 1 of these kind of threads.
2) I hope GS servers don't crash.

1111bm

Final Flight
Again, I would buy him as the spoiler/upset/Lipinski of the games that “no one” saw coming.

...that "no one" saw coming? Really? Because he seems like a clear favourite to me, no? :scratch3: (besides Yuzu, that is...)
Is it not portrayed this way in the media? (I really don't know, just curious)

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I don't know, i just checked the TV guide on my cable and neither CBC nor TSN seem to show FS at 8 pm ET. I could only find FS (men SP) on NBC.

NBC will start showing the SP once their finished with alpine skiing. In the US at least, skating is going to be on NBCSN until they move it over to NBC.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
karne has to work today. While the event is on.

Covert stares to cellphone livestream?

This is possible, except data for mobiles is so expensive in Australia you could go broke trying to do this!

Although I did go on the wi-fi at the Library where I work to see some of the pairs.

Brendan will be on at 1:15pm according to the schedule if you can swing your lunch break (I need to leave for work at 1:30) so I'll be tuning in! Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

notunprepared

On the Ice
Will be a nail-biter to see which 6 skaters don't make the cut. I'm guessing that these guys are the most vulnerable:

- Felipe MONTOYA (ESP)
- Michael Christian MARTINEZ (PHI)
- Julian Zhi Jie YEE (MAS)
- Junhwan CHA (KOR)
- Yaroslav PANIOT (UKR)
- Chaffik BESSEGHIER (FRA)

Any thoughts? There will be little margin for error. This is a strong field.

It's possible Brendan Kerry won't get through, he can be really inconsistent (like at nationals he placed like, fourth or something in the short...and the Australian men's field is very shallow).

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's possible Brendan Kerry won't get through, he can be really inconsistent (like at nationals he placed like, fourth or something in the short...and the Australian men's field is very shallow).

GASP! Don't remind me! D: Poor Brendan, that was a shock!

Admittedly it might have had to do with him changing his SPs a lot...fortunately, I think he's been practicing this current one for a while so hopefully he'll be secure in it.

Plus...it's the Olympics, surely Coach Morozov will be there to bring out the voodoo and keep him on his feet!

Ophelia

Record Breaker
...that "no one" saw coming? Really? Because he seems like a clear favourite to me, no? :scratch3: (besides Yuzu, that is...)

At the rate predictions are going and all the names are being thrown out, "everyone" is seen as coming.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Brendan will be on at 1:15pm according to the schedule if you can swing your lunch break (I need to leave for work at 1:30) so I'll be tuning in! Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

Scheduled lunch breaks at work, and mine is scheduled for...1:30.

*anxious screaming*

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
1 hour and a bit to go.... I can't stand it... gosh the excitement!!!!
Thank Gawd it's Friday!!! 1am - 4 am for me.

BTW Happy Chinese/Lunar New Year for those who celebrate, I am still recovering from eating big hot pot :drama: Just need to top it with some extra spicy and fire cracking quads, and it is going to be a happy new year day for me hohoho...

Potential 4 or 5 gold contenders? Given Aliona/Bruno just came back from 4th in the short... anything can still happen in the FS i hope... PCS could be key, not just quads.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
NBC didn’t buy the rights to show Hanyu, I guess, but given the crowd reaction, seems like he did fine on his jumps in practice. Orser was happy. Jin was a no-show? Chen fell on first jumping pass when going through his program, no surprises there. Fernández and Uno were both solid. With the exception of Chen, maybe a clean skate tonight?

After he went through his program with music, Chen seemed afraid of his first jumping pass and then afraid to jump at all, though he finally did in the final 30 seconds. Someone give him a hug.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This is probably the event I'm the least emotionally invested in. I could be happy with a lot of different results. Other than the Canadians, I'm especially cheering for:

- Dmitri (OAR)
- Nathan (USA)
- Adam (USA)
- Julian (MAS)
- Javier (ESP)
- Moris (GEO)
- Matteo (ITA)
- Jun (KOR)
- Misha (UBZ)
- Deniss (LAT)

eaglehelang

Final Flight
In the western media yes. It's all about Nathan Chen, being the 2017 GPF champ and beaten Yuzuru before at 4CC and COR.

Japan skaters -The attention and pressure is on Yuzuru. Shoma said in interviews he likes that way, less pressure on him. Plus the fact Shoma lost to Nathan at GPF and Boyang at 4CC.
To me, Shoma is more relaxed now his Yuzu kun is back. He can hide in Yuzu's shadow and just skate the best possible, no pressure of having to win medal for Japan

Ophelia

Record Breaker
NBC didn’t buy the rights to show Hanyu, I guess, but given the crowd reaction, seems like he did fine on his jumps in practice. Orser was happy. Jin was a no-show? Chen fell on first jumping pass when going through his program, no surprises there. Fernández and Uno were both solid. With the exception of Chen, maybe a clean skate tonight?

Um...NBC didn't buy rights to show one of the biggest stars of the event? Face palm.

At the point, I would put money on Uno, Jin, and Fernandez over Chen. Maybe even Chan over Chen.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Um...NBC didn't buy rights to show one of the biggest stars of the event? Face palm.

At the point, I would put money on Uno, Jin, and Fernandez over Chen. Maybe even Chan over Chen.

It was a joke about the fact that NBC literally did everything possible to keep the camera on Chen nonstop. There was a moment when we almost got to see Hanyu jump (he was about to takeoff) but LOLNOPE.

The “no one” saw coming remark about Uno was also tongue in cheek. Think mainstream media, not those of us here.

summerbliss

Rinkside
anyone know where I can watch Men's SP live in the UK. just tuned it to BBC but it seems like they are covering alpine skating, slalom and skeleton T_T. I need to watch figure skating