2024 Four Continents - Where Are You Watching? | Golden Skate

2024 Four Continents - Where Are You Watching?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships
Jan 30 - Feb 04, 2024

SPD Bank Oriental Sports Center
701 Yaoti Road, Pudong New Area,
Shanghai, China 200126

What Time Is It in Shanghai, China?

Where Are You Watching?​

1699272912037.png

For many, the ISU channel works.
https://www.youtube.com/c/SkatingISU

🇺🇲

Peacock is covering events live:
https://www.peacocktv.com/sports/skating

When the Peacock tiles are up, you can add them to My Stuff for easy later searches. All events are covered live and are available for replay for about two days.

USA Television Schedule​

Times are Eastern.

Feb. 1Four Continents Championships: Women's Short Program7 a.m.E!*
Feb. 1Four Continents Championships: Men's Short Program9 a.m.E!*
Feb. 2Four Continents Championships: Women's Free Skate8 a.m.E!*
Feb. 3Four Continents Championships: Men's Free Skate8 a.m.E!*

RECAP ON NBC

Feb. 4Four Continents Championships Recap12 p.m.NBC*

* Taped Coverage. Check local TV schedule. Times sometimes are changed there.

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
REWATCH 2024 Four Continents will be found here...this is a direct link to the table.
A duplicate thread will not be made in this area as it is too much extra work to maintain two threads and takes up extra space.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
This time, thankfully, our public broadcaster is not planning to show us anything, so I can simply watch the ISU You Tube channel! So much better than euro's where only the top 6 were shown, terrible commentary and no possibility of looking back. As I am out this weekend and will have to look back (and I still can't watch Euro's regrettably) next week, I am so happy!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
This time, thankfully, our public broadcaster is not planning to show us anything, so I can simply watch the ISU You Tube channel!

You're very lucky. I was looking forward to watching on ISU channel, too: my country's public broadcaster doesn't have 4CC in their schedule, and neither does Eurosport air it on either of its linear channels. I assumed noone wanted the rights, and hoped I'd be able to watch ISU stream at will.
Well, I was in for a 'nice' surprise today. ISU stream is blocked because of copyright, by some organization called 'infrontsports'. WTF is Infrontsports??? The owner of Eurosport's multiple paid subplatforms that I'm absolutely not paying for to watch one FS a competition a year, and nothing else? My Opera VPN isn't working for ISU channel. Which means I have zero chance of watching anything from 4CC unless I cough up 💰 for a paid VPN that maaaybe will work, or maybe not, looks like.
Boy, I'm so angry right now. Fantastic way to spread skating awareness in multiple countries. I guess it's back to watching Kokutai for me. To h*ll with copyright groups that sit on sports competition rights forever and ever, as if anyone's seriously going to rewatch after the first few days. 😤

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
@surimi While not live, you should be able to watch. US Coverage on TV App. Check the OP for time and channel for US Coverage.

They are labelling the men's short as Europeans from Shanghai :laugh: at 9 am Eastern time, a little under two hours from now.

Women's short is on now.

Last edited:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the advice! I tried changing my Opera VPN setting to Europe (it only allows me to pick continents), and I can see the women now! :jump: I'm glad as I can only watch in late afternoons and evenings, so being able to go back is a gift for me. Thanks again!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You're very lucky. I was looking forward to watching on ISU channel, too: my country's public broadcaster doesn't have 4CC in their schedule, and neither does Eurosport air it on either of its linear channels. I assumed noone wanted the rights, and hoped I'd be able to watch ISU stream at will.
Well, I was in for a 'nice' surprise today. ISU stream is blocked because of copyright, by some organization called 'infrontsports'. WTF is Infrontsports??? The owner of Eurosport's multiple paid subplatforms that I'm absolutely not paying for to watch one FS a competition a year, and nothing else? My Opera VPN isn't working for ISU channel. Which means I have zero chance of watching anything from 4CC unless I cough up 💰 for a paid VPN that maaaybe will work, or maybe not, looks like.
Boy, I'm so angry right now. Fantastic way to spread skating awareness in multiple countries. I guess it's back to watching Kokutai for me. To h*ll with copyright groups that sit on sports competition rights forever and ever, as if anyone's seriously going to rewatch after the first few days. 😤

Infront is the sports promotion company that was chosen by the ISU a few years ago to handle the promotion and the selling of rights to the ISU run events. They have had the same role with the FIS for as long as I can remember.

It was when Infront took over that everything got messed up for us. The rights in Europe were now sold on a country-by-country basis, rather than continuing with the pan-European contract with Eurosport that had worked so well for donkey's years.

And that is what puzzles me. Infront never had a problem with doing pan-European contracts with Eurosport for the ski-sports. Or with the World Superbikes when they owned that championship. So why do they not do the same with the skating? Have the ISU told them not to?

If the ISU have done that, they are very short sighted. But, then again, we always knew they were!

CaroLiza_fan

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I've been watching replays on Peacock and noticed that there isn't any information on how long the replays will be available. Anyone have any info on how the replays will be available?

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I will not be watching until replays are posted.
All the remaining events happen during work hours for me.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Not only are replays up for 4CC's, The replays from Europeans are still up on Peacock!

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
@surimi try moving your VPN location around - you may find a country that gives you access to the event - like Canada.
Thanks for the tip! I couldn't get the Opera VPN to work when I tried it a few years ago and ended up paying for one, but I will give this a go for future reference.