2024 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
🦘🦘😍

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Did I get the impression throughout the rest of the competition that the president of their fan club was doing the commentating? Oh, surely not! Really, he was only just a smidge: :cheer::hap10::yahoo::points:(But I did quite like them myself so his exuberant enthusiasm brought a smile. And yes, I do know who the commentator was.)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
All in all, I think Kelly Ann/Loucas should have placed considerably higher.
Agree
Though I love Deanna/Max’s program, even they did not really bring it tonight,
but they didn't have as costly mistakes... i mean the number of falls on jumps and throws... ugh all we missed was an aborted lift and the night was complete
and none of the pairs between Kelly Ann/Loucas and them did either :)
yeah. it was underwhelming. This often happens in pairs when it's to tight though... They get nervous... and if singles skaters get nervous during jumps, I cannot imagine how it is to have two people on the ice attempting to synch their nerves and rotate three times :)

Just picture Roman and Conrad doing side by side salchows and you will instantly get what i mean LOL

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Comments about Trennt maybe not being 100% make sense. His lifts are not quite as solid and his movement not as free. But Lia has stepped up nicely and I still see them as contenders for the podium at Worlds.
if they were indeed physically diminished, and with the distraction of Lia's delayed luggage...
WOW.. bravo... this would explain the 2loop.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Agree

but they didn't have as costly mistakes... i mean the number of falls on jumps and throws... ugh all we missed was an aborted lift and the night was complete
I was waiting for that to happen and surprised when it didn't. There were several teeter-totters as girls were getting into catch-splits that I was sure were going to go down to the side, but somehow they got themselves balanced.
yeah. it was underwhelming. This often happens in pairs when it's to tight though... They get nervous... and if singles skaters get nervous during jumps, I cannot imagine how it is to have two people on the ice attempting to synch their nerves and rotate three times :)
I've seen pairs girls who were good jumpers themselves fussing in the dressing room beforehand because they know their partner is nervous about one of their jumps. And then he'd land his and she'd be the one who'd hit the deck because she was distracted, listening for scratchscrapeTHUD. :palmf:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Deanna & Max
Welcome back Riku & Ryuchi
Congratulations Ellie & Danny
I’d say the pecking order is now set for US pairs

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
That was nice :) Except for the falls, I do wonder do pairs teams ever change their jump order if one of them fall on the first jump of said combo?
No. There's no time and no breath to speak to each other, except maybe a quick "Sorry!" as needed :bow:. As for, say, picking up the program when a fall or aborted lift interrupts the choreography, one of you is the designated thinker and makes the decision how to get back on track. There's no time to discuss or argue two opinions on the fly.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Could K/F please come out of retirement and skate at Worlds? Even in just mid season form they could coast to another World title from what i've see this year.

readernick

Medalist
I’d say the pecking order is now set for US pairs
Yes, but I think Liu/ Nagy and McBeath/Parkman might be better long-term. I enjoy Liu/Nagy's attitude. They seem happy together and they aren't upset by mistakes. They seem to understand it is all a process. I like that. Liu just needs to work on her jumps.

Anyway, I agree with everyone about Kelly Ann/Loucas. I thought they were underscored at Canadian Nats, too. I thought they deserved the silver medal there. I suppose their elements aren't of the highest quality but they do actually perform and get everything done. I hope they focus on improving the GOE on their elements because I like them.