2024 Four Continents Women's Free Skate | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2024 Four Continents Women's Free Skate

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Mone was a treat. Sad about Mai. Happy that Ava did well but the gamble didn't really pay off no medal and no worlds. Lindsay was a huge disappointment. Madeline was a pleasant surprise but she has no joy it seems about skating. Th e most interesting thing about her skating is she has bangs

noskates

Record Breaker
Mone was outstanding. Her music was perfect for her and her dress was gorgeous. I was disappointed in Lindsay but thought Elise Lin Gracy showed a lot of promise. This might be heresy (!!) but I find Mone's skating far more pleasing than Kaori Sakamoto's. She's smoother, more graceful and seems lighter on her skates. Just saying....

Idiote

On the Ice
Beyond thrilled for my favourite Chaeyeon 💚 Also, after seeing her live in Angers were she struggled, I was very happy for Mone, she skated beautifully and deserved the win 100%. Rinka was lovely in a very dorky and charming way, Ava had some difficulties but I think she's aiming for long-term and I can't wait to see more of her in the coming seasons.

Heartbroken for Lindsay and Haein...

Rebecca Moose

proud Tonia K fan since '95
On the Ice
Country
United-States
  • Ziegler, damn that outside edge on the lutz! 4th here is tough, particularly when she was so close to 2nd 😭😭😭
  • Watanabe was my favorite today, sensational 3A, fabulous attack, best dressed, interesting choreography
  • Chaeyeon is great, I adore the short program, but the long is a lacking for me on the presentation side of things
  • Seoyeong Wi has fantastic jumps but I don't know how any judge went over 6.00 in presentation. the commentator noted this too.
  • Schizas, strong jumping but good lord the program is bleak. she looked super focused.
  • Mai Mihara was bigly overscored, again.
  • but the highlight of the event for me was Tzu-Han Ting! now officially ubering her! would have had her a couple places higher. loved both her programs, good energy, good attack, terrific music choices.

Joekaz

On the Ice
Mone was outstanding. Her music was perfect for her and her dress was gorgeous. I was disappointed in Lindsay but thought Elise Lin Gracy showed a lot of promise. This might be heresy (!!) but I find Mone's skating far more pleasing than Kaori Sakamoto's. She's smoother, more graceful and seems lighter on her skates. Just saying....
And doesn't excessively pre rotate her triple jumps as well.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My thoughts…the emoji edition :poop:

Tzu-Han Ting :rock::hap10::party2::yahoo::love2:

Lindsay :ghug::cry::console::tantrum:

Madeline 💃💃💃

Mone :jump::bsplit::ninja:

Ava 🌪️

Seoyeong 🚀👨‍🚀 🌙

Mai 👮‍♂️🚓👮‍♂️

Sara-Maude ↩️

Rinka :dance3:

Sam-Skwantch :bed: :poop:

GS posters doing Play by Play :bow::thank:

Arena In House Show :jaw:

Zambonis making left turns :poop: :poop::poop: (Yes the rare three turds award)

Arena Announcer :points:

Peacock Announcer Chris :thank:

4CC Women’s Event :coffee2:(y):coffee2:

Last edited:

slider11

Medalist
Ava Marie Ziegler intrigues me but it concerns me that a 17-year-old is dealing with serious hip problems. Is she over-exerting or is her jump technique causing this problem? Either way, her team should be looking for answers now as this is likely not going to get better without an accurate diagnosis and treatment.

JeanA

Rinkside
Good for Ava, but a shame she didn't medal so not too many points for her WR.

Is Xiangyi An injured? I wonder why she wasn't on the Chinese team.

A pretty good event. Mone was really nice to see.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just finished watching this event!!

Mone was fabulous. I prefer her programs over Kaori and Leona this year. She is a contender for a medal at Worlds. She was so focused. Without Eteri: Mei Hamada is starting to dominate with Hana, Mone for Senior Worlds and Mao and Ikura for Junior Worlds.

C. Kim - she still has my favourite free skate. I’m glad she held on to the podium

Rinka - I was amazed with the ease of the 3A. Wow!!

Ava - She is the best American lady at this moment. I love her big jumps

As for the Canadian Ladies, not bad)

Maddie - 6th proved she is the best Canadian lady. The only one capable of scoring 180+ at international events this year

SMD - She peaks at 4CC. Just like last year. Better than anything she skated
Domestically. I hope they put her as the 4th for National Team, for next year. She surpassed 170

Justine - skated exactly as she has recently. Low 150. She loses energy in the second half of her free skate. I really wish our third best senior lady Fee Ann, with her gigantic triples, was here instead.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Ava Marie Ziegler intrigues me but it concerns me that a 17-year-old is dealing with serious hip problems. Is she over-exerting or is her jump technique causing this problem? Either way, her team should be looking for answers now as this is likely not going to get better without an accurate diagnosis and treatment.
Who said she has hip problems? Has she talked about it at all?