2018 Worlds Mens Short Program | Page 54 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Mens Short Program

SpiffySpiders

On the Ice
Ok, I'm not a Shoma fan. I mean, I don't hate his skating or anything but it doesn't do for me what it seems to do for so many others. That said, I hope he gets a decent score since he does bring a complete performance every time he skates.

Sackie

Medalist
Why do the judges hate him so much? :(

So so much that they hate him but they have certain favorites they have to keep ahead of him at all costs. This year it seems like the USA Men are the favs so they have to keep 2 of them in the running for medals.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Okay, this is weird, Shoma's TES is behind even Keegan's. Hope that injury isn't too bad for Shoma, he definitely wasn't totally on.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
A strange layout in Shoma's program. A strong 4T to open, but only a 3S+2T with a three-turn between and weirdly landed. Was he going for a 4S? A solid 3A but then a strange hiccup on a step afterward. Spins were well-centered in general, but only a step sequence Level 3 it seems. The changes in the last half sort of broke the spell.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
He got through it! Good job Shoma. Well, combo could have been better. But good job, kiddo.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
PCS is mostly a skating skills and TES proxy. Boyang didn't have the TES today and his skating skills are quite a bit inferior to Kolyada's and Nathan's. It's just corridor scoring again.

Boyang's skating skills are actually really good. It's just that his PCS scores put him as "inferior." This is one aspect where reality is way different than his scores.

After seeing him in person, I don't get why the same judges who also see him live think his SS are so bad. I'd say he isn't as smooth as butter as Shoma or Yan Han, but it's not the gap the score gives him.

onyxrose81

Rinkside
Ok, I'm not a Shoma fan. I mean, I don't hate his skating or anything but it doesn't do for me what it seems to do for so many others. That said, I hope he gets a decent score since he does bring a complete performance every time he skates.

*whispers* ITA. I thought I was alone.