2018 Worlds Pairs Free Skate | Page 54 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Pairs Free Skate

s_parks

Record Breaker
S/H and T/M deserved better programs this year. It especially looks bad I think because S/M's program is stunning and it's an Olympic year. (I love S/Z's Turandot, don't get me wrong, but S/H's version of it just didn't play to their strengths...)

lol let's not link S/H and T/M together. There's turandot, and then there's candyman. Sui got injured and that was the issue, period. Look at V/T, the important thing is you hit your elements, programs are honestly an afterthought.

girl in red

Rinkside
Hooray!! Silver for T/M!! Bronze for Vanessa and Morgan!! And Gold for Aliona and Bruno!

I'm very happy after what happened at the Olympics! I was so sad for T/M, I actually cried at work and had to hide in the back room for a bit.

I look forward to seeing what T/M have next season! Which will hopefully be better received by everyone :p

They ve been so heavily criticized,i just want them to catch a break and come back stronger next year....plus no need for tears:console:

QuadThrow

Medalist
Aljona and Bruno got a maximum score for 7 out of 12 elements...

They just missed 1.40 GOE-points in total and 1.04 points in PCS.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
A few words on the top 3 :

James/Cipres : I have never seen them skate like that, ever. They were on fire, and just giving everything even with the fall, they were going for it. Surprised yes, but the program was brilliant, the mistake was just a mistake. It was just superb, and so well deserved. :dance:

Tarasova/Morozov : They might be one of the most talented pair I've ever seen. Let's not waste such a talent on terrible programs, thank you. Lines, power, elements, are top notch. But if one day they find their inner "art" or creativity and it works, we're in for a treat.

Savchenko/Massot : :jaw: Legendary. And... thank you.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I must disagree with majority of you. Im pretty sure it would be boring if everybody skating same old same old all the time :shrug: At least, that program brings some variety this year

Ah Baron finally a kindred spirit! :)

But seriously I really hope if T/M come back with a classical program people won't roll their eyes and be all "Oh gawd, a warhorse? BORING" because then I don't know what people want!

In other news the medal bearers look so pretty.

Aww T/M! Love you guys!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
They ve been so heavily criticized,i just want them to catch a break and come back stronger next year....plus no need for tears:console:

People here aren't criticizing them. They criticizing the program. That's a big big difference. I think if you read through the Pairs threads throughout the season the main theme you'll find for T/M is how talented they are and how that program is just an embarrassment that absolutely wastes that abundant talent.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
I am so happy for Vanessa and James. They deserve this. Finally getting the acknowledgment. Wonderful edgy French couple :)

And YAY for Alyona and Bruno. THey were wonderful.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Hooray!! Silver for T/M!! Bronze for Vanessa and Morgan!! And Gold for Aliona and Bruno!

I'm very happy after what happened at the Olympics! I was so sad for T/M, I actually cried at work and had to hide in the back room for a bit.

I look forward to seeing what T/M have next season! Which will hopefully be better received by everyone :p
I was so sad for Zhenya when she started crying. [emoji22]

That program was way too much for me today though. I am angry at whoever decided that she should skate that. I can't imagine she would have chosen it. Blech.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
I know!! I heard or read somewhere Aliona was a leader of the team (Aliona and Robin). I assume Aliona has a better vision and taste in music, choreo, and packaging? I really question everyone in T/M's coaching team. :dev2: It does not matter who is delegated to do what, if you see bad program, say so!!!
Well, let'snot forget that Aljona designed some horrendous costumes during her years with Robin, at times I feel like he was getting revenge on his team with the Candyman clothes! Just kidding, obviously.
I'm so happy with this podium!

Alchamei

Record Breaker
What a diverse podium! Two Russians, two Frenchmen, an Ukrainian and a Brit born in Canada!

MIM

Medalist
Good thing this is the last time I hear candyman!
I HOPE HOPE HOPE they come up with a better LP next season., although it will be hard to be worse than CandyMan. But people can be creative in a strange way.. :roll5: