Japan Open - more entries announced | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Japan Open - more entries announced

saphire

On the Ice
did it take this long for Japan team to be announced last year, or maybe I am just being impatient or because Kinki Regionals are around same time

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
did it take this long for Japan team to be announced last year, or maybe I am just being impatient or because Kinki Regionals are around same time

Seems to me they announced the team much earlier last year. But then I guess they announced a lot of things earlier -- skater's programs, GP assignments, etc. Maybe because of the Olys? Seems like the Team Japan people were the first to be announced.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Everything was earlier last season because of it being an Olympic year.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Machida is going to skate two new programs, one in the Japan Open intermission and another at Carnival On Ice. His last skates before he retires from pro skating.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Team Europe gets someone who never skates a clean FS, for a FS only competition? :palmf:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Kostner for FS? Wow...

Guess Europe's not aiming to be competitive there. Could have seen it for a SP but...

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Kostner for FS? Wow...

Guess Europe's not aiming to be competitive there. Could have seen it for a SP but...

We are talking about someone who can score 125+ with only two clean triples and 140+ with 4 or 5 clean triples. She can bomb as much she wants.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Team Europe gets someone who never skates a clean FS, for a FS only competition? :palmf:

Kostner for FS? Wow...

My understanding is that JO is almost a mix between show and competition, so I guess they care about winning but not that much that they can't invite someone who is retired like Oda or someone who isn't the cleanest like Carolina (who still came in 5th at the OG)

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
My understanding is that JO is almost a mix between show and competition, so I guess they care about winning but not that much that they can't invite someone who is retired like Oda or someone who isn't the cleanest like Carolina (who still came in 5th at the OG)

Oda, the last time he take part to JO, so last season, delivered, a near clean program with two quads and two 3As.
And the guy is still doing 4T-3T. I've even seen a 4T-3T-3lo. At 31 he can still deliver a very competitive layout. He just doesn't get crazy GOEs and PCS for everything he does like some people.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Nobuuuuu!!! :love: Whoever or whatever made him decide to participate despite what he said before has my never ending thanks :love:

Eclair

Medalist
Oda, the last time he take part to JO, so last season, delivered, a near clean program with two quads and two 3As.
And the guy is still doing 4T-3T. I've even seen a 4T-3T-3lo. At 31 he can still deliver a very competitive layout. He just doesn't get crazy GOEs and PCS for everything he does like some people.

it is and will forever astonish me what kind of retirement Oda is taking ... :scratch2: most currently competitive men can't do these layouts. And they train 6 days a week.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
It is absoluely a smart move from JO organizers to have Zagitova-Costner team for Europe. It will bring the biggest audience as it is clear that Zagitova-Medvedeva is an impossible combination before GPF.

The biggest question is if Caro feels capable of showing something adequate that early in the season. If she bombs very big time it might be a very unfortunate start for her. And I am sure that judges keep tracking of big time bombing even if it happens at JO. If Caro gets something below 120, well, that might be it. But let's stay positive. If somehow she is in good shape and manages to do at least 4-5 nice triples - then she might be relevant through the whole season. Go Caro!

moriel

Record Breaker
it is and will forever astonish me what kind of retirement Oda is taking ... :scratch2: most currently competitive men can't do these layouts. And they train 6 days a week.

I wonder if he does a full FS with those jumps.
If no, doing a jump in practice out of unknown number of tries, and in a FS with all the other jumping passes and stuff is a whole different thing.