2018 Autumn Classic Intl Ladies Short Program | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2018 Autumn Classic Intl Ladies Short Program

rachno2

Record Breaker
I love Medvedeva’s new program, but that performance was a struggle. Totally normal after a transition and at the beginning of the season. I wish her the best and I’m looking forward to seeing this program blossom, but this was not underscored by any stretch of the imagination. She did loosen up a lot toward the end, which was nice 👍

frida80

Record Breaker
Her body is quite different now. While I think it will work for her better in the long-run, it will take some time to adjust to and I wouldn't expect her to get the milage out of it right away.

Its the dress. Her skirts have often been long, making her lines awkward. Now that we can see more of her leg we can see the full extension.

Shanshani

On the Ice
When the video came out, there was a big deal made about how Evgenia was the only female skater who appeared in it twice as an example of good skating. Someone did an analysis on the new GOE system, too, and supposedly she would have been scored higher at the Olympics under it.

I think you're talking about my analysis. That analysis was done under the assumption that judges scored similarly under the new and old system. Zhenya got very high GOEs under the old system, but if she's scored differently now then the analysis doesn't hold. Still, I'm guessing the reason for the low score is because they called her lutz, not because the judges have stopped being willing to shower her with GOE.

cohen-esque

Final Flight
Current standings

1 Evgenia Medvedeva 70.98
2 Bradie Tennell 69.26
3 Mae Berenice Meite 58.23
4 Kailani Craine 56.20
5 Alexia Paganini 56.37

6 Brooklee Han 54.05
7 Alicia Pineault 52.47
8 Eliska Brezinova 51.26
9 Yura Matsuda 47.75
10 Josefin Taljegard 47.32
11 Andrea Montesinos Cantu 43.25
12 Netta Schreiber 41.86
13 Anastassiya Khvan 33.66
14 Brooke Tamepo 30.61
15 Julia Gretarsdottir 26.69
16 Eva Dogg Saemundsdottir 28.82
Is this Kailani’s actual score? Why is she ahead of Alexia?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really love Medvedeva’s new program, but that performance was a struggle. Totally normal after a transition and at the beginning of the season. I wish her the best and I’m looking forward to seeing this program blossom, but this was not underscored by any stretch of the imagination.

I thought it was gonna get a 66 and outside of Canada probably would have.

Dodging maple leafs and momma bears like :scard7:

I actually liked the program though and Zhenya too ;)

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It’s not like Evgenia’s Flutz was NEVER called. She received a few e’s throughout her career and a few ! too.
I'm aware. It's just speculation. The real tell, I suppose, will be whether it starts getting more consistently called (and that's assuming the technical panel even did that here, which isn't confirmed; we'll have to wait for the protocols).

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I feel Evgenia jumps in a completely different way now. It looks like she has more power, but she also looks heavier in her jumps. And the problem with 2A is more frequent now.

Bradie looks in a great shape. The beginning of the program though, looks so much like a Evgenia's programs with Eteri.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Come on, Wakababy! No headcasing! You can do this!