2018 Autumn Classic Intl Ladies Short Program | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2018 Autumn Classic Intl Ladies Short Program

SXTN

Final Flight
For the first time I'm ok with Evgenia's score. 70 is decent for this performance. Still, the 3Lz was e not ! and the 3T was <.

moriel

Record Breaker
Zhenya should really switch to a 3Lo until the 3Lz edge is fixed.
And sheesh, StSq3 for her, she of all people can definitely hit a 4...

I am somewhat curious to see if they call her in FS.
If they don't, its still not a big deal, the main issue would be if they start calling all the 3Lz.

leoleo

Medalist
Zhenya was not at her best yesterday considering how good this program looked at the test skates, it's obvious she can do better than this. Scores are surprising, i'm used to seeing her get 75+ even with mistakes. Is it a new scoring system thing? Anyway, since she's on a journey to improving, maybe this is good for her! she'll be happy seeing her scores go up as her skating improves and she does not seem as nervous as she usually is waiting for the scores even tho this was her lowest score in like forever. there are obviously less transitions which i'm fine with, for this kind of program, i don't think there's any need to have a ton of them. I expect them to add more later tho. Lutz did not get an E, 3T was obviously UR yet did not get a call and her PCS score was the highest so i don't think it means she's no longer in the judges favors. It's probably just a new system thing. I think since she's working on her jumping technique, we should expect mistakes here and there throughout the season therefore we shall say goodbye to perfect Medvedeva for some time until she gets comfortable with all her jumps. Overall I'm so happy to see a nice program with no pantomiming and dramatic facial expressions. Thank you Jesus! i'm in love with this new style for her!

Bradie's SP was fantastic, she probably would have scored higher than Medvedeva if her lutz and 3T were called, which is shocking cause i never thought i'd see a day where this is even possible. Her 3lz-3lo is SOLID and her overall presentation has improved. She still has to work on a few things but she's in the right direction. :agree:

I love Wakaba's program already even tho she was clearly not at her best. I hope she won't push herself too much if her cramp is serious. I think when we get to see this program at its best, it's going to be fantastic! I've said it before, i'll say it again, she needs to ditch the flip. She can't get away with a wrong edge like others do! Her loop is solid enough to bring her good GOEs! Why is her team insisting on keeping the flip? it's a dumb idea

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Evgenia looked so nervous. Watching her performance, I wondered if she understood the lyrics at all. Bradie's interpretation was much more convincing, yet she received 8.00 for IN while Evgenia did 8.75. :noshake:

Yeah i think Evgenia should give more faces, since the program has many moments and the mood should be funny.

Bradie has a better SP than last year but her skating skills are still subpar, though honestly i understand those who thought she should have been first here: all her jumps were much more solid than Evgenia.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Wow, such negativity here. I am at the competition and I thought both Bradie and Zhenya were wonderful. Bradie is a bit further along in her programs, but for the record, Zhenya looked focused not nervous to me.

WhiteProphet

On the Ice
Wow, such negativity here. I am at the competition and I thought both Bradie and Zhenya were wonderful. Bradie is a bit further along in her programs, but for the record, Zhenya looked focused not nervous to me.
Well, it doesn't really matter if she was focused or nervous, she couldn't sell the program. It's not negativity, it's just commenting what was shown on the ice.

pearly

Record Breaker
Evgenia probably has a lot to prove to herself. I look forward to seeing how her career develops.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Well, it doesn't really matter if she was focused or nervous, she couldn't sell the program. It's not negativity, it's just commenting what was shown on the ice.

I guess I would disagree, but we all see things differently.

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
Let me congrats USA fans with Bradie, she surprised me a lot with her beautiful SP :clapper:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Zhenya was not at her best yesterday considering how good this program looked at the test skates, it's obvious she can do better than this. Scores are surprising, i'm used to seeing her get 75+ even with mistakes. Is it a new scoring system thing? Anyway, since she's on a journey to improving, maybe this is good for her! she'll be happy seeing her scores go up as her skating improves and she does not seem as nervous as she usually is waiting for the scores even tho this was her lowest score in like forever. there are obviously less transitions which i'm fine with, for this kind of program, i don't think there's any need to have a ton of them. I expect them to add more later tho. Lutz did not get an E, 3T was obviously UR yet did not get a call and her PCS score was the highest so i don't think it means she's no longer in the judges favors. It's probably just a new system thing!
I think it's maybe fair judging, a bit. I say a bit because she shouldn't have been first if she had got the calls she deserved. But in this competition, the judging of her program is more accurate, even if the score is too high for what she put on the ice.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I thought Medvedeva has a great short program and she was able to sell it as well as can be expected this early in the season. The program suits her really well, IMO.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess I would disagree, but we all see things differently.

And thank you for reporting what you see about Zhenya and Bradie, first hand from the competition!:clap:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Kailani Craine: this was a surprise to me, I didn’t believe she could deliver a dramatic program and I’m glad she proved me wrong. Also best costume of the event.

Bradie Tennell: hardly one of my favourites but she did sell her sp.

Evgenia Medvedeva: i guess i takes time to adapt to a new style, but she got plenty of time. Everything else is still there underneath.

P. S.: am i the only one to think alicia pineault just looks like tuktamisheva?

Artemisa

Final Flight
I love Braddie Tennel program ... SP is ready ... Medvedeva I think the program isn't ready ... is still evolving ...

The Best of all Ted !!!!:points:Who scares who skate if we have Ted!