2018 Autumn Classic Intl Ladies Free Skate | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2018 Autumn Classic Intl Ladies Free Skate

moriel

Record Breaker
Not from anyone I know.

Cause we ignore those for sale signs on the bridge. ;) And to quote a very old aphorism, he who laughs last, laughs best.

It’s a long road that has no turns.

OK, I know, I’m having too much fun here,:laugh:

Didnt you read this forum on previous years?
typical outcry - medvedeva steps out or something at test skates / CS / show and people start screaming how she is done, how puberty got her and so on.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Whatever else the season brings for Bradie, she'll always be able to say she beat Evgenia Medvedeva and Wakaba Higuchi in an international competition.

:laugh: Yeah that is pretty cool!

Better than my idea if I was a skater in the earlier groups and was currently in first...which was to take a photo of the screen just to say "Look I was in first...for a while!"

So, does the Autumn Classic award all its medals at the end? At Nepela they did it at the end of each competition.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Well even with Zhenya's errors, she still brings in Russia's 11th medal of the season

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Would be nice to see the medal ceremony...:sarcasm:

The victory ceremony is scheduled for another day. I'm assuming that will be live and not just broadcast at a later date..? Not sure why it isn't taking place right now.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well even with Zhenya's errors, she still brings in Russia's 11th medal of the season

Wow! That many for Russia already?! Impressive. And there's still the Mens FS at Nepela to go I believe! (Have the ladies skated their FS? I can't keep up with two competitions at once!)

frida80

Record Breaker
The victory ceremony is scheduled for another day. I'm assuming that will be live and not just broadcast at a later date..? Not sure why it isn't taking place right now.

No, it's actually happening now off ice in another room. The only victory ceremony we're going to see is men's.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
No, it's actually happening now off ice in another room. The only victory ceremony we're going to see is men's.

Whaaaat?! Can they do that?! That's so unfair to the ladies, pairs and dancers. :( Not cool Skate Canada, not cool.

Caustica

Final Flight
Wow, Evgenia got 69.28 PCS, whereas Bradie got 68.64. That's less than 1 point difference. Who would have thought!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
So Bradie pretty much won it in the GOEs from both skates? :think:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Wow! What a final group! I haven't gone through the thread yet, so forgive me if this has already been covered. Is this the first time two black women have skated in the final group at an international senior competition? If so, we watched a bit of history today.
I look forward to seeing Starr get more comfortable with that program. It could be amazing by Nationals. And she looked exotic and grown-up and gorgeous. The podium was unexpected but exciting - Bradie came out on top of a field that included Medvedeva. Congrats to both of them, and as they both grow into their programs they'll only get better. (Which can only be good for us, right?)
The biggest surprise in the group had to be Miete. She's a whole different skater! John and Sylvia must be magic. Congrats to her on the bronze, and WELL DONE!

leoleo

Medalist
Well i'll be going to bed to wake up on time to see Rika win her first senior medal (hopefully gold :love:)

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I think that the tango free program is a challenge for Zhenya but maybe that's partly why she and the team chose it. She's known for being light, secure, elegant, and smiling, whereas the tango is about being fiery, sultry, sexy, and passionate. It's like Sailor Moon trying to channel Sailor Mars, if that makes any sense.

I don't particularly worry about Zhenya's jumps. She will get that 2A and 3Lo all secure by the main competitions. She's already made strides in just a week from the Russian test skates to this event and she's got plenty of room to grow from now until the end of the season.

What I worry about is that the choreography doesn't allow too many opportunities for Zhenya to accent the music. Say what you will about her pantomiming but a part of what made the judges respond to her choreography in the past was the clear definition of the story and the numerous moments where Zhenya would do one move right on the music. I think the team has yet to figure out where she can emphasis the beats and the phrasing of the tango, really bring out her innate musicality and sharpness.

Caustica

Final Flight
So, Bradie got 3 underrotations and still managed to beat Evgenia's TES by almost three points. To be fair, Evgenia had a step out, a fall, one underrotation (on 3Lo fall) and one unclear edge. Also FCCoSp1V and StSq3. Kind of messy protocol for both overall.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didnt you read this forum on previous years?
typical outcry - medvedeva steps out or something at test skates / CS / show and people start screaming how she is done, how puberty got her and so on.

TBH, no.

I don’t think it’s a huge secret on this forum that I follow Jason. Jason went to TCC this year, so now I know more about the TCC skaters.

However, I think anyone who in figure skating thinks that *one* comp by *one* skater says everything there is to say about a coach, a country, or anything other than that skater placed a certain way at that comp, wants to sell me the Brooklyn Bridge. Just like anyone who wants to compare scores across comps or across disciplines is selling something I’m not buying.

But that’s me:biggrin:

Ophelia

Record Breaker
What I worry about is that the choreography doesn't allow too many opportunities for Zhenya to accent the music. Say what you will about her pantomiming but a part of what made the judges respond to her choreography in the past was the clear definition of the story and the numerous moments where Zhenya would do one move right on the music. I think the team has yet to figure out where she can emphasis the beats and the phrasing of the tango, really bring out her innate musicality and sharpness.

They need to switch out David Wilson ASAP and get Shae Lynn Bourne in.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Wow! That many for Russia already?! Impressive. And there's still the Mens FS at Nepela to go I believe! (Have the ladies skated their FS? I can't keep up with two competitions at once!)

Nope, not yet. Potentially another two. Same with next week at the JGP.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow! What a final group! I haven't gone through the thread yet, so forgive me if this has already been covered. Is this the first time two black women have skated in the final group at an international senior competition? If so, we watched a bit of history today.
I look forward to seeing Starr get more comfortable with that program. It could be amazing by Nationals. And she looked exotic and grown-up and gorgeous. The podium was unexpected but exciting - Bradie came out on top of a field that included Medvedeva. Congrats to both of them, and as they both grow into their programs they'll only get better. (Which can only be good for us, right?)
The biggest surprise in the group had to be Miete. She's a whole different skater! John and Sylvia must be magic. Congrats to her on the bronze, and WELL DONE!

I'm not sure, but it's great to see women of colour getting into the highest ranks of skating :) It seems it been a while.