Japan Open - more entries announced | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Japan Open - more entries announced

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
She looked so sad.....I'm happy she's moving forward with a bit of a different program. I'm still not into her skating but I think I saw some improvement there.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Bradie Tennell

Nice counter into a clean 2A. Good 3Lz+3Lo (3Lo may be <) but still alright flow-out. Nice 3F with twizzles right afterward and next to the judges. Wonderful leg position and Biellmann in the layback spin. Like the lengthiness of the edges in the footwork, though she still has a bad habit of hunching her back. Clean 2A out of the footwork sequence. Heavy turn-out on the 3Lz. Rough landing on the 3F+2T. Fine 3S. Nice split jump right on the music. Wonderful speed in the flying sit spin portion of the combo spin. Running camels into the combo spin, but very uncentered and had to fall out of it after the illusions.

This is a very competitive program with good choreography in and out of jumps. She's putting a lot of effort into the program. The second half is still a bit rough with the landings. Not a bad showing after the Autumn Classic tho. I think she can bring more commitment to Benoit's choreography.

Score: 126.86, 59.09 TES, 67.77 PCS

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
These awkward KnC moments. The skaters look disappointed. The teammates awkwardly clap....I wonder if there is going to be a WTT this season?

Danny T

Medalist
Great to see Bradie still solid for US women.

Have to say I can't really enjoy her. There's just something a bit stiff about her skating (not just the knees) I'm not really a fan of. But solid skate, as usual. :thumbsup:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Satoko Miyahara

2S pop, landed forward so << likely. Better 3Lz+3T, shaky and bent landing on the 3Lz. Very well-centered combo spin with her signature reverse rotation. Clean 2A with decent flow-out. Fine spin with nice catchfoot position. Smooth and clean edge changes through the footwork, could have more facial expression and fire but very technically sound. Wild lean on the 3Lz, rough landing, might be <. Much better 2A+3T. Nice spiral in the choreo sequence. Ouch, a fall on the 3F, also might be <. Very slow landing on the 3Lo+2T+2Lo, had to fall out of the 2Lo without any speed (many parts of that combo will likely be <). Gorgeous layback spin as usual.

Miyahara is always smooth and uncluttered. The jumps were insecure in places. I'm not sure if the tango really suits her; I think that this is a good program, though, for her to come more alive with the facial expression, and the light and shade of the program. I'm very surprised at the score. With the technical mistakes, I thought it would be much lower.

Score: 127.99, 59.92 TES, 69.07 PCS, -1 Deduction

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Alina Zagitova

Alright 2A out of a counter, landing a little shaky. 3Lz+3T rippon on both, gorgeous. Great 3S rippon, good landing. Nice charlotte spiral right into a second 2A, very clean. A little heavy on the butterfly entry into the camel spin but very strong positions. Wonderful 3Lz+3Lo combination in the second half. Strong series of rippon jumps with 3Lo+2T+2Lo combo. Steps a little awkward in the step sequence but very complex and fairly good edges, could have better leg line. Great illusion spins and I-spin in the combo spin to finish the program.

Those 3Lz combos are fantastic, and she was the best jumper of the group by far so I expect a huge technical score. She had lots of connective elements and transitions between the jumps. She does have more fire and attack than, say, Miyahara in her tango program. I still think the attack and tension could be elevated even further. Some of the steps felt a bit heavier and the leg line unsure in places, but I'm sure she'll clean that up as the season progresses. Brilliant program thus far!

Score: 159.18, 84.95 TES, 74.23 PCS

Danny T

Medalist
I heard Satoko is trying to rework her jumps. I'm happy and scared TBH. Not so great here, but I guess she got all her levels keeping her tech afloat.

Alina seems more confident here than Nebelhorn. Jumps are cleaner here too, the Lz-Lo combo here doesn't look as suspicious. Posture still quite bad, but well, program is miles better than her short, so that's a plus. Love the Charlotte counter 2A, just beautiful.

SXTN

Final Flight
Alina is in a different league than anybode else at this point in the season.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
as a Masha fan I wonder how her SP can be so fast and amazing, while her FS can drag so much. Buyanova should be concerned about her students’ levels. Masha only got a level 2 on the first spin when in years past she has gotten constant level 4s. anyway, congrats to Alina for further proving the haters wrong. “Funny it seems like Alina might not even podium here because of Bradie Tennell”. You sure about that?

QuadSal

On the Ice
I am suprised that Kaori got 'e' on both her flips but her lutz has not got a edge call. It's usually the other way round.:scratch2: