Madison Chock & Evan Bates | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Madison Chock & Evan Bates

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
This FD is WOW!! Love the jazzy vibe .. but it's traditional too!!

litenkyckling

Final Flight
:love::love:

That is a great FD!

I love how they managed to make the twizzles seem so sexy :wow:

That serpentine curved lift is utterly amazing. It looked so effortless, but that is so hard!

So nice to see an actually dancey ice dance again :cheer: :cheer:

just this, this is all I came here to comment on

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Sadly I didn’t make it for FD but I was at Gala and even there they just stole the show (with Brendan). I had no time to wait for them to take a picture as I have early shift and train was right after Gala but I saw them going to medal ceremony and I quickly congratulated them

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
A very nice performance of their RD as the EX.

Just saying, but very few of this year's RDs would get anything but polite golf claps at an exhibition...

Astrid56

Final Flight
It looks like the FD scored very well _ 122.12. Well-deserved. Their tango just needs more speed, passion ... As I noted, if done with more conviction and passion, that RD will shine. It's amazing how a coaching change improves the dynamics of a performance. With more bravura, that FD should outshine a lot of the current FDs. It's so far their best FD. I love how the elements were brilliantly meshed with music and the lifts aren't new but these are effortlessly executed and the movements _ very fluid and organic. Kudos to the choreographer and the coaches for making this FD mesmerizing... exquisite. As usual, Madison's arms are graceful and expressive and even Evan _ so engaging. So happy to see them improved so much ... I think, they'll shine in the Nationals and may have the fighting chance to regain their title. A little more speed, visible conviction ... more tango passion in their RD and they'll do very well in the Nationals.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Already in bus getting back to reality. Thanks so much for all the support & enthusiasm here:).

Here is my moment of giving them flowers after this AMAZING performance taking all circumstances https://twitter.com/NoNameFace10/status/1084187252320858112?s=19

I like how music was chosen, paired & cut - it gives a dimension, structure to the movement and variety in style/interpretation. Loved soft, deliberate sensuality in 'Fever' part, great quality in partnerings, them loved exuberance, dynamism of the second part. They truly looked like they enjoyed performance so much! And they saved that show-y DNA of their aesthetic, how they perform, but added more control, style, thoughfulness into everything. Also, I feel that their partnership grew so much and that they don't have to just solely capitalize on them being off ice couple to 'sell' stuff - they have way more structure now and use their chemistry to amp their programs, not build them on it from scratch or forcing them on it. Very good score, but justified for my amateur eye, everything with so much quality, elegance and personality. And those lifts, just standouts on their own!!!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Taking a moment to catch up after being offline for a while, and I'm so glad I did.

I've been a borderline H/D uber for years, and i still am, I suppose. But these programs by C/B are magnificent, and I think outshine anything I've seen this year.

That free dance is amazing. Impossible to tear your eyes away from it. So subtle and musical. It could have gone over the top, but it didn't. Stunning.

How refreshing to see something other than the same old lyrical programs that have dominated the international scene lately.

chameleon

On the Ice
Am I correct in saying that Madison is the first lady to get a L4 on the OFSt in competition?

No-- Christina Carreira and Lorraine McNamara both have, off the top of my head, but it certainly is a fairly rare and impressive achievement! Very good levels for a debut especially, I'm pleased.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
No-- Christina Carreira and Lorraine McNamara both have, off the top of my head, but it certainly is a fairly rare and impressive achievement! Very good levels for a debut especially, I'm pleased.

Ah of course - thanks for reminding me!! Crazy that we're in JANUARY and yet only c.3 of them have so far

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Was it just me or did it look like the rink filled up right before C/B performed? Anyway, I really enjoyed the musicality they showed in their free dance.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The protocols are finally out. Maddy and Evan got a higher base level than any of the skaters at the GPF. Of course, different panels, but it is not like this was hometown scoring for them in any way.

A heck of a debut indeed.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Was it just me or did it look like the rink filled up right before C/B performed? Anyway, I really enjoyed the musicality they showed in their free dance.

They skated last in FD and organizers were running a bit late since the GALA was supposed to start at 5 PM, hence better frequency for Madison & Evan as ppl were filling up for Gala. And who was there for it, got themselves a treat:)

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Madison had time to change for the gala .. all her dresses were exquisite but the black gala number was super gorgeous.. Evan was the perfect compliment in black with long top and a bit of bling..
Wonder if they have a different gala piece planned or if they will use their SP again in future...

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Madison had time to change for the gala .. all her dresses were exquisite but the black gala number was super gorgeous.. Evan was the perfect compliment in black with long top and a bit of bling..
Wonder if they have a different gala piece planned or if they will use their SP again in future...

They even skated TR pattern which was so cool for US FS savvies in the audience:laugh:. I think it was cool & smart to do an EX for Gala based on their RD, this aesthetic suits them to the T and we heard about 6-7 times 'Assasination Tango' used in junior category for RD, yet we felt it was off the mark - it took someone mature, expressive and with right interpretation/performance skill developed to do the music and dance style justice.