Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 301 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Bcash

Final Flight
Exciting that I just had my first “interaction” with Gabi on Instagram:) Tagged her in a post of mine about a Greek marble relief and she liked it.

1904sk8

On the Ice
I kind of wish Romain would choreograph their FD next year. I really like some of the programs he has choreographed this year (lajoie/lagha, disco brits, etc.) and think they are some of the best coming out of gadbois. I also like the programs he did for p/c as juniors. He obviously knows them very well and really likes them so I think he would do a good job.

Julie Wie

On the Ice
Hello everyone :)
a montage with their new FD... the theme is being on the way home, I`m very proud, that I didn't use their "build a home" ; )
I have been moving a lot lately and I never could make myself feel at home... so this one happened:

"Going home" by Asgeir : https://youtu.be/j3kCNVRP5oM

cheers
xxx Julie

Roast Toast

Medalist
All the P/C music tonight has got me in my feelings a bit... Hoping that Rain in your black eyes brings Sui and Han as much post-injury good luck as it did to Gaby and Guillaume in 2016 :sad14:

Bcash

Final Flight
While they quietly fine-tune their programs for the Worlds, my mind is already drifting towards next season. I wonder if they could be interested in a modernist work with full orchestral colors and textures as their FD music.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
While they quietly fine-tune their programs for the Worlds, my mind is already drifting towards next season. I wonder if they could be interested in a modernist work with full orchestral colors and textures as their FD music.
Can you give some exemples ?

Bcash

Final Flight
Can you give some exemples ?

I got the idea when I was in a concert that featured Bartok but I think many of Stravinsky’s works are very dance-able. Early 20th C works.

It would probably require less “glide” and more angular, stop-and-go kind of choreography. I don’t know if they are interested. I think looking back on their programs, this year’s music choice no doubt has the lowest expressive ceiling. It just doesn’t compare with classical pieces or experimental ones.
I know Romain is not a fan of classical music but I hope they return to those. Also get another dancer to come in and choreograph. They may have input of substance and originality. An understanding of the relationship between movement and music from a different angle. I know Guillaume still follows Cirio on social media.

Roast Toast

Medalist
I know Romain is not a fan of classical music but I hope they return to those. Also get another dancer to come in and choreograph. They may have input of substance and originality. An understanding of the relationship between movement and music from a different angle. I know Guillaume still follows Cirio on social media.

This is all I want tbh. For me they are like Mao where I love everything they do but also like... please skate to classical music forever :dev2: I'd love to see them expand on their collaboration with Cirio but 1) I'm not sure how affordable these people outside of the skating world are — it might have just been a nice treat for the Olympic season. And 2) as we saw after Cup of China most of his input ended up being changed anyway. It's difficult to choreograph stuff off the ice. At least they have thankfully realized that no Chouinard stuff was ever going to work for them... :dance2:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Another Dancing on Ice cameo in the works perhaps?

I think it will probably be over by then? But that workshop sounds like a great idea, good on Lewis Gibson for putting together a special opportunity for UK skaters. Fingers crossed no Brexit-related problems will arise to cause complications!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Liam Cross (who I think is Aljona Savchenko's husband?) on Instagram has finished his artwork of Gabi and Guillaume's curve lift at last and it's stunning: https://www.instagram.com/p/BuZFgP2hcjo/

The folds on Gabi's skirt look a bit like panels in a pastel stained-glass window, the way he's rendered them. :love:

Giselle

Medalist

peepsquick

Final Flight
Beautiful! Thank you @Giselle :love:
There were quite a few scenes that I had not seen before ...

Personally I would love baroque music for them but something more joyful than "Le Jeune Homme et la Mort". I'd love to see them effervescent ...

Bcash

Final Flight
Listening to Joe Inman's interview with The Skating Lesson had me watching P/C's Olympic FD again. (Inman said he felt they were never ever off the music and mentioned "intellect" in P/C's choreo, which is a great point I think.) Interestingly I found it to be more impactful than I remembered, especially from the Presto section onward. I think this program and this performance will both age very well.

Another observation is that I really prefer many of the original choreography that later got changed. I really loved their Finladia performance, for example, where at the end of the circular step sequence, they returned to that straight arm-linking move that first appeared right after the twizzles, more coherent and original than any of the "dance-holds" that ice dancers are "supposed to" perform. The end of the diagonal sequence, both the Finlandia version and the CoC and IdF version are better than the Olympics version I feel, more together with the percussive rhythm of the score. Were the changes made to accommodate the rules/maximize the points? Because they definitely took out steps rather than adding in.

Escarbille

On the Ice
Country
France
Gabriella and Guillaume will take part in two stages of the Stars on Ice 2019 tour: april 28 (Ottawa), May 1 (Laval)
https://www.starsonice.ca/
I hope we will have videos! I am very happy that they participate in galas in North America, their popularity can only increase. And in 2020, the worlds are in... ??? Montreal! :)