2019 World Junior Championships Ladies Free Skate | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2019 World Junior Championships Ladies Free Skate

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
I don't understand if A. T. falls it's 5,75 less if Ting fall and Ur is 2,75 ... Why ?

GOE is now based on percentage. So -5 is -50% of the base value of the element and +5 would be 50% and so on. So high value elements come with a risk of big deductions. A fall gets an automatic -5 plus the one point fall deduction off the total score. The change was meant to address the problem of quad falls still being more valuable than cleanly landed triples of the same jump.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Anna simplified. And wasn't perfect.
Sasha also simplified but at lesser kind, swapped 4Lz combo with 4T one. Maybe on the fly after loosing qlutz.

Two good quads and one dead vs one 90%?
Questionable...

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
While not a fan of either of them, Trusova was just jump to jump while at least Shcherbakova showed that she was committed to performing her program today. Don't understand some of those GOEs Trusova got. Shcherbakova should have won.

b-man

Final Flight
Sacha and Anna contenders for 2022, if they keep their weight down for 3 more years.

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
Aaaw she's disappointed, but she should be proud of herself delivering like that. Do think both girls was scored very generously on PCS. Oh well, congrats to all medalist. Does Japan still have 3 spots for next year? (8+4 = 12 <13 ?)

Nevermind, I was looking at the free skate only, not total. I hope the Japanese juniors get some consistency. Maybe it's a good thing they lost the third spot. Look at senior in 2017, they are much stronger and are delivering better now.

Danny T

Medalist
Anyway, Japan was robbed of 3 spots. Judges lowballed Yuhana and Yuna so hard it's not even funny.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to all the medalists here! That was a fun event. What a fun way to close out Junior Worlds!

dhjh811

On the Ice
Congrats Alexandra!! Unlike what some people on here believe, I think she'll have a very successful senior career.