2019 Worlds: Ladies' Pregame Chat | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2019 Worlds: Ladies' Pregame Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Tursynbaeva's potential 4S introduces a new chaotic element to an already chaotic ladies' season. It could potentially make some countries' goal of retaining spots more difficult, especially since she seems to be rotating it pretty well. There are a lot of hypotheticals at play. I'm still expecting a 2/3 Japanese podium, but it's definitely not set in stone. There's also a group of skaters that seem to have peaked earlier in the season (Tennell, Miyahara, Zagitova, Lim) and skaters that are on the upswing and potentially peaking now (Samodurova, Medvedeva, Tursynbaeva, Sakamoto if 4CC was a blip). Then you have Kihira and Bell whose peaks are harder to plot. Rika had a much longer season than she's used to as well. I just hope there aren't any boot problems. I'm expecting a lot of ordinal shifts between the SP and FS.

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
I expect the podium to be taken by Alina, Rika and Elizabeth, but I wouldn't even try to predict the order. These skaters have the most difficult and innovative content, so it would make sense. Rika has three 3As, Elizabeth has a 4S, Alina has 3L+3Lo and crazy entries & transitions. I think she also has the highest GOE potential for spins (not really sure), so anything can happen. My heart goes with Alina, but there will be many worthy contenders at this championship. I hope that they all skate clean and the judging is not too controversial so that the best lady can win.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I am seriously considering taking leave for this, I can't teach with my nerves frazzled to no end

Edit: Used leave, I'm watching this with Fluffette clutched in my arms

I am very fortunate in that "spring break" where I take classes coincides exactly with Worlds so I can mess my schedule up real hard and as long as I'm semi-normal by the 25th it's okay. And the only work I have to do next week is pretty brief and not overlapping.

That said I'm sad I'll probably have to sleep through the early groups here in order to be conscious enough for the later groups. :(

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Oh, that's fun! Dream podium:
1. Rika :luv17:
2. Kaori :luv17:
3. Satoko :luv17:

Ganbatte Nihon! :)

StephenGfan

Final Flight
Maybe something like if theres an alina meltdown
1.Rika
2.Satoko
3.Kaori/sofia

OR if there's not
1. Rika
2.alina
3. Kaori/satoko

Seruleane

Final Flight
Dream Podium:
1. Alina
2. Rika
3. Kaori or Elisabet

More realistic podium ( would still be ecstatic about these results):

1. Rika
2. Alina/Kaori
3. Sofia/Satoko/Evgenia

Most of all, I hope all the ladies can skate clean and be proud of their skates, and Alina can overcome whatever demons/insecurities she’s had this season.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i might me able to watch the last flights...:think: they should be after 11:00 am (in my part of the world)

Wombat1800

On the Ice
Dream podium
1. Rika
2. Alina
3. Kaori
I would also love for lots of other skaters (Samodurova, Medvedeva, Tursynbaeva, Lim, Bell) to make the podium, but unfortuately there are only 3 spots

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
dream podium

rika
kaori
sofia

just because i'm betting on them in my predictions :biggrin:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am gonna hafta make a calander so that I can print out Doris's great info for the events coming up, yet not accidently trip on any "spoilers" on the main sight. The National News and local news wont cover any of it so I am safe there. That way I can tune into SportsGold on the Telly and watch every night what I need to. Might have to unfollow some ISU sites and USFS sites on social media also....
Go Rika! Go Kaori! Go Eunsoo! Go Mariah! Go World!
(When are the judges selected?)

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
My dream podium..
1. Alina :luv17:
2. Sofia
3. Elizabet/Kaori/Evgenia

To be more realistic...I will be happy with any outcome, as long as Alina will have 2 performances at the highest of what she can do, and will be smiling and happy in the end. Whatever the podium will look like, I will be happy then.:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.