2019 World Championships Ladies Free Skate | Page 47 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Ladies Free Skate

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Great podium result!

So happy for Alina as she's finally got rid of the ghost of Milan I hope. Elizabet, WOW! And welcome back Evgenia :luv17:

Better luck next year Japan ladies.

moriel

Record Breaker
Congrats to Alina and Liza and Eteri.
That was an amazing job.

Specially with Liz, because she was that #10 skater at worlds before moving to Eteri.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This is shaping up to be kind of an awful Worlds for Japan. No pairs team at all, their dance team didn’t make the free (not that Japan really cares about those disciplines) and while going in it looked like they could replicate the 2014 Saitama triumph in men’s and ladies, strong chance now they get neither. Indeed, no ladies medal at all.

There’ll surely be at least one medal in men’s, but that’s a big letdown versus the potential.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
The women's field has been incredible all season so it wasn't a surprise Worlds became a fight. I can't wait for next year.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Have Team Eteri ever looked so happy in the kiss & cry lol? They were overjoyed.

Congrats to everyone for a wild, unpredictable, and entertaining skate. Yes I'm sad my fave didn't win... or podium (that half-point difference between Rika and Zhenya is gonna start some discussion :cry:) but c'est la vie.

GGFan

Record Breaker
And we can say also Eteri is the best coach in the world :bow:

She has the best results and is the most successful coach in women's figure skating currently. I think there's more to being the best coach and there are other disciplines. Marie France for example has a good claim on coaching prowess currently as well

SNAKSuyun

did it spark joy?
On the Ice
Country
China
Okay, now that it's over...

Kaori's finally gotten the PCS she deserves but Satoko's is an outrage and Japan, other host countries would have given Rika another 0.32 points in PCS in a heartbeat.

Ziotic

Medalist
This worked out for pretty much all the countries except USA who narrowly missed getting their third spot back.

But two for USA, Korea and Canada, three for Russia and Japan!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
*straps on knee pads, puts in mouth guard, zips up hazmat suit, secures helmet*

Let the Evgenia snark begin. That bronze medal is hers and you can’t have it. Come at me, bro. All you bros.

Kissx3

Final Flight
Japan 4th-5th-6th, two of them a stone's throw from the podium. It's one of those results that's both standing ovation worthy amazing and yet also so so frustrating.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think this podium has shown a great deal of courage and determination this season.

sk8ath

On the Ice
Japan 4th-5th-6th, two of them a stone's throw from the podium. It's one of those results that's both standing ovation worthy amazing and yet also so so frustrating.
Minor mistake is now not allowed in female‘s skating.

frida80

Record Breaker
This was the best ladies event ever!!! All the ladies were fantastic! Some mistakes here and there, but for the beginning of the quad this was incredible. Worth the sleep deprivation!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
She has the best results and is the most successful coach in women's figure skating currently. I think there's more to being the best coach and there are other disciplines. Marie France for example has a good claim on coaching prowess currently as well

I think what this competition proves is that it's about having the right coach for you at any given time. Clearly Lilbet is flourishing with Eteri. Zhenya wasn't any more and found a situation that's working better for her. Congrats to both and to both their coaches :agree:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Interview with Alina, no idea what she said, but a big smile!

#SBSman mixed up Liza's last name with Li'l Bet's! Should I @ him?