Eun-Soo Lim | Page 46 | Golden Skate

Eun-Soo Lim

sisy

Rinkside
Orser has stated multiple times that he'd rather work with established skaters. Eunsoo was fresh from Juniors, I don't think that's the kind of level Orser and co. want to work with.

I hope Eunsoo has found another coach. And I hope it's not Tom Z. :hopelessness:

He has Ekaterina Kurakova, not quite establish skater. I really hope Eunsoo's family and ATS will find a solution so that she gets a new coach.

Kara

Final Flight
I'm hoping for Ravi Walia. I always felt like Eunsoo and Kaetlyn were similar types of skaters so he was actually my secret wish before it was announced to be Raf.

Briananing

On the Ice
I'm hoping for Ravi Walia. I always felt like Eunsoo and Kaetlyn were similar types of skaters so he was actually my secret wish before it was announced to be Raf.
That is actually quite good sugestion. I do think that raf did good to her skating, but i dont think it would be healthy for eunsoo to continue with raf after his last interview.
@rebelle With Orser, i think that he might still has some grudge with ATS and yuna's mom. If Yuna were to phone him, and asked him to coach eunsoo than he might actually do it.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Other than any possible issues with ATS, I don’t think Orser is taking on any new students this season ?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
She doesn’t necessarily have to be coached by Brian full-time. Jason is primarily there because of Tracy Wilson and she is his head coach, with Brian overseeing things.

So let’s say she does a tryout with either Lee Barkell or Ghislain and she charms them, she could end up being coached primarily by them and joining TCC that way.

Barkell is Stephen Gogolev’s sole coach, and the main coach for Gabby Daleman and Conrad O. Also he used to coach Nobu Oda.

That said, I think Ravi would be a great choice.

Also if she wanted to stay in SoCal, she could go with Tiffany Chin who coaches Kalaini Craine.

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I want her to go to Marina and get help with her skating. TCC and Colorado is too crowded.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
I wish Brian would reconsider but perhaps he is done with Korean fed and fans.

He trains Cha Junhwan, presumably with the approval and cooperation of the Korean fed, so I don’t think that’s a problem for him. I don’t think them not taking Eunsoo at TCC had anything to do with her nationality and everything to do with how they limit the number of skaters there so it doesn’t get too crowded. He was very specific about how taking Evgenia and Jason was contingent on two places opening up after Elizabet and Javi departed (or semi-retired then actually retired in the latter case).

Ross74

Medalist
It’s also worth noting that if Boyang had actually gone to TCC, there would not have been a spot for Jason.

Actually, Jason and Boyang were supposed to have been at TCC together. In the Hersh article on Jason moving to Orser, he said that when discussing the offer extended by TCC, Brian had told Jason that Boyang was also going to be there.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Actually, Jason and Boyang were supposed to have been at TCC together. In the Hersh article on Jason moving to Orser, he said that when discussing the offer extended by TCC, Brian had told Jason that Boyang was also going to be there.

Right, sorry, had my timelines mixed up. I do remember Brian mentioning having reservations about taking them both because Boyang would have taken priority and Tracy was the one who pushed to bring Jason on board regardless. That’s why they stressed the team approach with him. Even so, it speaks to how conscientious they are about limiting the number of skaters at TCC even if they aren’t directly training with Brian. I think they want to make sure the ice itself doesn’t get so crowded it becomes difficult to get the most out of practice.

eaglehelang

Final Flight
He trains Cha Junhwan, presumably with the approval and cooperation of the Korean fed, so I don’t think that’s a problem for him. I don’t think them not taking Eunsoo at TCC had anything to do with her nationality and everything to do with how they limit the number of skaters there so it doesn’t get too crowded. He was very specific about how taking Evgenia and Jason was contingent on two places opening up after Elizabet and Javi departed (or semi-retired then actually retired in the latter case).
As some other forumers have indicated, it's not related to nationality but the agency which represents Ensoo, ie ATS. Jun Hwan is represented by another agency.

After 1) the bad experience with ATS & Yuna mother. 2) the WC 2016 Denis Ten & Yuzuru incident, how ATS handled it was pretty much how they handled Ensoo Lim & Mariah Bell incident. After that, dont think Orser will take on any students attached to ATS.

The 2 spots open was meant for Evgenia & Boyang Jin, with Orser as their main coach. They added Jason Brown due Tracy Wilson's persuasion & with the agreement that Jason will work with the team coaches. Till today, Orser is not Jason's main coach, Tracy is.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
As some other forumers have indicated, it's not related to nationality but the agency which represents Ensoo, ie ATS. Jun Hwan is represented by another agency.

Yes but I was responding to a post that specifically said the “Korean fed and fans” which is why I mentioned the Korean fed.

skaterr

On the Ice

After 1) the bad experience with ATS & Yuna mother. 2) the WC 2016 Denis Ten & Yuzuru incident, how ATS handled it was pretty much how they handled Ensoo Lim & Mariah Bell incident. After that, dont think Orser will take on any students attached to ATS.

I just wondering why some people keep accusing ATS of sth they didn’t. I wonder they even know what’s going on between them. About Denis I have never heard of any official remarks from ATS rather Denis coach Carol said something about the incident. Carol has nothing to do with ATS. Unlike incompetent KSU, Kazakhstan fed tried to protect their skater.
I wonder some people know about the breakups between Yuna and Orser. Yuna left Orser because the contract was expired in 2010. Why Yuna was blamed for it? After huge accomplishments she made, Skaters tend to have a rest and think over her careers. It’s natural thing. In 2010, Japan fed began to send their skaters to Cricket. Yuna want have more time to think over the situations. As far as I know. Yuna and her mother made no official remarks unlike Orser at that time. In Eunsoo case, some forum officials is very sensitive so I won’t make any remarks but I want to say that Eunsoo is 16 and she needed help from adults.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I hope that Lim will find a friendly coach including a friendly environment, because it must be a lot easier to train with friendly people around...

eaglehelang

Final Flight
I just wondering why some people keep accusing ATS of sth they didn’t. I wonder they even know what’s going on between them. About Denis I have never heard of any official remarks from ATS rather Denis coach Carol said something about the incident. Carol has nothing to do with ATS. Unlike incompetent KSU, Kazakhstan fed tried to protect their skater.
I wonder some people know about the breakups between Yuna and Orser. Yuna left Orser because the contract was expired in 2010. Why Yuna was blamed for it? After huge accomplishments she made, Skaters tend to have a rest and think over her careers. It’s natural thing. In 2010, Japan fed began to send their skaters to Cricket. Yuna want have more time to think over the situations. As far as I know. Yuna and her mother made no official remarks unlike Orser at that time. In Eunsoo case, some forum officials is very sensitive so I won’t make any remarks but I want to say that Eunsoo is 16 and she needed help from adults.

https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/...s-with-coach-orser-drama-surprise-anger-hurt/
Helen Choi was Yuna's agent attached to ATS.

https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/...s-with-coach-orser-drama-surprise-anger-hurt/

'In a statement Monday reported by a Korean newspaper, AT Sports said "Ever since Orser was offered a job to coach another skater, we have an awkward relationship. Since June, Kim Yuna has essentially been training alone"
Same statement in Joong Ang Daily, 25 Aug 2010.

This has been ATS tone ever since they started. Their public relations & diplomacy is mediocre at best.

skaterr

On the Ice
I think your source a little bit inaccurate. IMG New York , Orser agency at first insisted he was under notice to leave. That’s why ATS had to say something. It’s not diplomatic at all.
http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2010082414355313259
'In a statement Monday reported by a Korean newspaper, AT Sports said "Ever since Orser was offered a job to coach another skater, we have an awkward relationship. Since June, Kim Yuna has essentially been training alone"
Same statement in Joong Ang Daily, 25 Aug 2010.

ATS said Orser accepted first an offer Yuna would train alone at early in August. IMG suddenly made it public first.
Moreover, Orser revealed his email through Chicago tribune about his coaching offer.
https://www.hankyung.com/article/2010082747927?nv=o
Orser also revealed Yuna free program after they broke up.
http://www.newscj.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=53300

Who first started this??

Fluture

Record Breaker
I feel like this is not the right place to start the Orser/Yuna debacle again... I hope Eunsoo will find a coach she is happy with, or, if she‘s staying that all the issues can be solved. She is a lovely girl and very talented and I was sad to see her under such stress at Worlds. She still did really well, saving two spots for her country! She should be proud of herself.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
How likely is it that Eunsoo could skate to a song that’s in Korean? Has anyone done that before? FS is such an international sport is love someone to skate to a non European language and there are some great Korean songs.