Alena Kostornaia | Page 125 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I don’t know but I really hope she gets a new dress for her vampire SP. The one she has now with the cape and the pants is fine for a show, but would love to see her in something more mature and sophisticated for competition (obviously there won’t be a cape to throw as this is not allowed).

For the FS, I have no idea! I would need to hear how the music is cut before I could come up with an image in my mind. Of course since Olga is making it I’m sure it will be gorgeous

I think she’ll wear white for the FS. The photo she posted on Instagram was of a girl in a long white dress with pearls around her neck, so maybe

macy

Record Breaker
I don’t know but I really hope she gets a new dress for her vampire SP. The one she has now with the cape and the pants is fine for a show, but would love to see her in something more mature and sophisticated for competition (obviously there won’t be a cape to throw as this is not allowed).

For the FS, I have no idea! I would need to hear how the music is cut before I could come up with an image in my mind. Of course since Olga is making it I’m sure it will be gorgeous

i don't see her keeping the same dress for the short especially since it's still a show program.

Batsuchan

Medalist
Someone recently uploaded Alena’s GPF performances with Korean commentary translated to English. Of course the commentators were very positive about her skating 😀

https://youtu.be/WCw8K7oMI5Y

https://youtu.be/EOaZMp8puak

Thank you for posting these! Very interesting! :biggrin:

Yes, many commentators love Aliona! :luv17:

I'm not sure if this was posted earlier, but one of the Italian Eurosport commentators is also a fan. See around 13:00 here (turn on the English subtitles):
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x762p8o
He talks about how Aliona is the "complete package" with "extraordinary elegance" and how she's being "penalized" by the current judging system because the PCS factoring is not as high as the men's.

Oh, and Elena Radionova also mentioned how she likes Aliona again in a recent interview:
We have three very strong juniors: Sasha Trusova, Anna Scherbakova, Alena Kostornaia. I wonder what shape Alena has now, because she missed the junior worlds. As a figure skater she impresses me a lot.
:agree:
https://fs-gossips.com/elena-radion...art-hating-you-even-for-some-innocent-phrase/

I'm just hoping that the judges love Aliona as much as we and the commentators do! :yes:
Give her all the points!!

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
He talks about how Aliona is the "complete package" with "extraordinary elegance" and how she's being "penalized" by the current judging system because the PCS factoring is not as high as the men's.
Ambesi has also added lately that the men's factoring is low, talking about the Hanyu vs Chen rivalry. Still, the difference would be negligible, as it was on the 2019 Worlds, as the question is how that scored is assigned.

We are yet to see Alena's PCS rise at least to 37-75. Let's hope she don't have to wait too much for that.

Back to Ambesi, i remember some lovely comments about Alena already on the olympic season, while he was doing commentary on Eurosport for senior competitions.

SkateSkates

Medalist
She seems to have deleted her Instagram post about her LP so I wonder what’s going on...maybe it wasn’t working out and they decided to change it? I was looking forward to the LP music

SkateSkates

Medalist
Update it seems her LP will be her vampire program. No post yet on what the SP will be, but she edited the original post about the vampire program to say it will be her free program

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Sad to hear. I don’t see twilight as a long and I was looking forward to no one ever called me that. I hope she can get a new dress for the twilight program tho.

Also, now I am wondering what the short program will be? Will she recycle from last year?

SkateSkates

Medalist
Sad to hear. I don’t see twilight as a long and I was looking forward to no one ever called me that. I hope she can get a new dress for the twilight program tho.

Also, now I am wondering what the short program will be? Will she recycle from last year?

I don’t know how it’s going to translate I am having a really hard time picturing it based on the songs she’s skating to.

And for the SP I hope it’s something in the lyrical style she does best. I would like to see a new program instead of the angel program again (which I loved, but would like to see her take on something new). I am just worried about her injury recovery. Hopefully they will announce the SP soon

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
If we're not getting a new SP, can Alena just bring back Adios Nonino? It's so beautiful and sophisticated. I feel like I'm never going to stop talking about it at this rate [emoji28]

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
If we're not getting a new SP, can Alena just bring back Adios Nonino? It's so beautiful and sophisticated. I feel like I'm never going to stop talking about it at this rate [emoji28]

That would be very nice, but Alyona herself said she doesn't want to skate to the same music for too long ...

SkateSkates

Medalist

I wish. It is such a masterpiece. But it would have to be completely re-choreographed since it was backloaded, so I don’t think it’s likely. I would love to see her bring it back for the Olympic season. Can you imagine her maturity and interpretation in that program at age 18 when it was already top notch at 14?

macy

Record Breaker
I wish. It is such a masterpiece. But it would have to be completely re-choreographed since it was backloaded, so I don’t think it’s likely. I would love to see her bring it back for the Olympic season. Can you imagine her maturity and interpretation in that program at age 18 when it was already top notch at 14?

I've had this idea for a long time and I'm really hoping she brings it back for the Olympic season. it's already divine but would be on a whole other level by then :love:

SkateSkates

Medalist
I don‘t know if this has been shared yet but here is a fanmade video of Aliona skating to her planned FS music.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzlUZAnpeQQ/?igshid=22hwqbuxizu2

I also hope she‘ll use it one day. It‘s beautiful and in my opinion, would have been exactly her style. But whatever works best for her, she should do. :)

It is a very beautiful piece of music. I hope we find out what actually happened - did they try to make a program and it just didn’t come together as expected? Or did they decide to focus on new elements for the new season so they are only making a new LP with the vampire theme Alena wanted and keeping the SP? I would love to know.